Star Wars Day-2012

May the 4th be with you.

If you don't know today is Star Wars day. I actually only found out that this is it about 2 days ago.

You cant really call me a super Star Wars fan but I still considered my self a big fan and really enjoy the series.

So did you guys know/do anything for it?

At my school today when we all got out a bunch of guys brought there light sabers and extra ones for other to have a huge battle. It was actually really fun and I even got to smack this guy I hate. I ended though when one of the techies came and was like "Stop these malfeasance".

I also heard a lot of colleges are doing Light Saber battles and there are marathons all over the country for SW today.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i was about to post something but fatecrashers kinda won this thread

I some how knew in the back of my mind this could either be a nice discussion on Star Wars day or just lame puns. Always next year.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't think the puns were all that lame.

I was too busy mourning MCA to celebrate Star Wars day :(

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
That's a cool chart and all, but the upgraded Enterprise D, with the 3rd warp engine did Warp 14 in the final episode of Next Generation. And Tom Paris broke warp 10 more than once in Voyager.

noob

My wife posted this pic of herself in a Star Trek V Star Wars thread on another site yesterday with the subtitle, "This is what I think of your May 4th".

going for the Leia buns.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Haha yeah! Lets just slap another engine on the Enterprise D! NOW IT CAN GO FASTERS!

And then somehow, even though Voyager was filmed after Next Generation, in which the Enterprise D supposedly hit Warp 14 like it was nothing, when Paris broke Warp 10 it somehow de-evolved him and Janeway, like as if passing Warp 10 de-evolves people or something.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Didn't they pass Warp 10 in a shuttle?

Anyway jesus christ it takes 61 years to get from one end of Federation Space to the next? There are so many continuity problems when you combine that info with the Federation map.

What the fuck is up with this blasphemous Trekkie crap? I'd say get it out of my thread, but I'm not the OP :(

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the warp speeds got changed at some point in the series: warp 10 early on was still quite slow (takes years to cross the galaxy) while later the scale got changed so warp 10 is infinite speed. Warp 14 was probably achieved in the first era.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)