ORAS Ubers Status Balance Team Peaked #152

Hey it's the hot guy here and I'm making my 2nd pokemon rmt for the ubers since my last one a couple months back. Earlier I used a team that carried from a very successful AG run into ubers and had minor success. Later on when I switched my team up for ubers style I started picking up a lot more success but there are some limiting factors in my team that I want to address in the best way possible, since in the odd battle I tend to lose. So here's the team:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Encore

The first pokemon I decided to start with for this team is Whimsicott. Without a doubt, whimsicott is an extremely useful lead pokemon (unless Deoxys-S/Ferrothorn/Shaymin/Mega-Gengar are in the opponent's party, in which I'll use another mon) and stops early set ups. Occasionally one of my opponents will try to status it in the very first turn so I can get a substitute, encore, then leech seed the next mon that switches in.

Whimsicott also acts as my only Geo-Xern counter. Since I have 2 dark type pokemon in my team, my opponents will usually switch in Xerneas and try to go for a Geomancy, in which if SR are down or my Whimsicott's health is fine, I'll switch it in to catch it in an encore. In the situation of my opponent guessing a Whimsicott switch-in, if Whimsicott survives (which it usually does with the way I like preserving its health) I can encore the Xerneas' Moonblast, let Whimsicott faint, and use Geomancy on my own Xerneas. Whimsicott also works the same way with DD Salamence, Nasty Plot Darkrai, etc.

The reasoning behind its 0 EV's and IV's in HP is to make full use of leech seed and substitute, since it's a subseeder. The more HP % I recover from leech seed, the more unpredictable substitutes I can pull off when my opponent switches out thinking I'll use protect. Onto the next pokemon...

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Second up on the list is Darkrai. This is a classic mono attack Darkrai set with Taunt (for SDceus if I guess it right and when I guess a tanky switch-in, or even to trap sleep talkers such as Ho-Oh), Dark Void for the obvious, Dark Pulse because it's arguably Darkrai's best STAB move, and Nasty Plot is to wreak havoc against some unprepared teams, though I'm willing to let go of it it Sludge Bomb is a better choice.

I chose Darkrai simply because of the amount of pressure it places on opposing teams and because of its unique ability to stop powerhouses if lucky and its ability to sweep while at it, depending on the remainder of the opposing team. Darkrai is usually my late-game sweeper if I can manage a Nasty Plot and is the only really fast pokemon that I have in my team, since my others are pretty bulky. Darkrai also checks a ton of threats to my team such as Groudon, sometimes Kyogre depending on the situation (Nasty Plot or a well-timed Taunt into Dark Void if I smell a sleep talker), and is excellent at stopping just about any setup an opponent can get on me unless Dark Void misses or if a Lum Berry is used. So generally, Darkrai is my wallbreaker, taunts bulky foes, and can put them to sleep all at once.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Thunder Wave
- Roar

Back before bulky PDon was the new craze, this set of PDon was on fire, bar T-Wave for SR. The reason I use PDon is for the obvious, he's just the best individual pokemon ubers can offer. High enough attack to OHKO or 2HKO most special defense attackers and a defensive bulk good enough to impress John Cena, PDon proves to be an amazing pokemon for just about any team.

I use PB over EQ because I'm fine with taking the risk of actually killing a mon than letting it survive and possibly take out my whole team. A win/lose situation is far better than a lose/lose situation imo. I also use lava plume for 2 reasons: One being because it has such a high chance to burn and can stop a physical attacker from hitting me like a truck, and the other is to give PDon coverage around high defensive bulk pokemon, which are extremely common in ubers (yveltal for example). Thunder Wave is for the element of surprise when somebody decides to switch to Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Salamence, Lugia, or Ho-Oh and I use it over SR simply because of how often I defog and how little use I can make out of rocks, since my team isn't exactly the kind to make my opponent switch around all day and it just got defogged anyway.. I'd much rather a status effect move. Roar is for the obvious Geo stopper and just blowing away any nuisance that PDon has, and if my opponent is using a stall team then Roar+T-Wave is gonna give them a nightmare until they use Aromatherapy or Heal Bell.

Groudon basically checks Kyogre if switched in second, checks most SD threats that need setting up, pressures Xerneas, and is a boss when it comes to taking out physical attackers.

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost

Ah, the physically defensive Yveltal. How many E-Killers that thought they had me had to either switch out or let it die, the joy. Yveltal is basically the best EKiller Arceus check there is when even when rocks are up (second to Mega Gengar + Destiny Bond, but that's a loss on both sides) and is absolutely amazing at utilizing Foul Play thanks to its Dark Aura. With Sucker Punch, Yveltal normally scares off MMY unless my opponent just plays dumb on me (or for some reason used barrier?????) and also kills off DD Salamence if things turn out the worst for me. Another great thing about Yveltal is how often it lures in Xerneas. Since Whimsicott's just waiting for Xerneas to geomancy, I can switch out and catch it in a Geo-Seed loop until it's forced to switch out and loses 90% of its worth for the opposing team and in most cases takes out the opponent's win condition. Roost is for healing off against physical attackers that just don't have the strength to damage Yveltal for anything and coupled with Rocky Helmet it makes up for some angry foes.

The reasoning behind its 8 speed investment is because if need be, and against a bulky Xerneas (with 0 speed investment of course) or if somebody attempts a 4 EV speed creep Xerneas for the Geomancy, I can just taunt, though it isn't the first move on my list.

The only physical attacker Yveltal has major problems taking out is Mega Lucario, since he's able to wipe out Yveltal in one shot 50% of the time if Yveltal isn't in the same time Lucario is. Otherwise Lucario isn't really a threat.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Probably the most overused Xerneas set out there, I went for the standard GeoXern set with Focus Blast and Aromatherapy to compliment its use. Xerneas normally isn't out early unless my opponent's counters are taken out, and it also makes an amazing combo with Whimsicott when I trap other Xerneas in a moonblast loop, since I can geomancy freely and get the move on with wreaking havoc. Aromatherapy is used for restoring my team's status conditions to normal as well as Xerneas when its paralyzed or poisoned (which is extremely common). However, I'm also willing to give up aroma for ingrain if anybody thinks that's a better choice.

Xerneas is out there to be one of my win conditions since it's pretty much my only pokemon that can give me a guaranteed sweep-out if my opponent's win conditions are gone, unlike the rest of my team above. Xerneas is also great at handling Kyogre and Focus Blast OHKO's both PDon and Arceus unless invested in SDef.

Arceus-Fire (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

Last and definitely not least in my team is the (somewhat) standard Rockceus set. with high defensive investment, 56 speed EV's to outpace several other slow pokemon, and a high HP investment, Rockceus is a good defensive pokemon and can completely check an offensive threat with WOW and recover. I carry defog on my Arceus, giving him the one and only role of removing entry hazards and is the entire reason why I stopped using rocks on my Groudon. I use defog so much and the way that I play is that I like taking out entry hazards as soon as possible, so the two just don't mix. I use WOW basically to completely check out a physical threat (which my team is highly focused on countering) and it usually gives me Rockceus as my win condition pokemon since my opponent can't take it out when his last 3 mons are all physical attackers.

I use Rockceus simply because of my weakness to the legendary birds Lugia and Ho-Oh. They both basically steamrolled my team before I put Rockceus in and he's simply the best antibird out there.

In general, my team handles physically offensive teams very well and can completely demolish high offense teams (4-0's all over the place) and my pokemon synergize very well. The reason I made this RMT though is for the following reasons:

-Mega Lucario is seriously good at taking out my entire team once SD is set up, since my team is full of slow bulky pokemon and darkrai gets OHKO'd by bullet punch. I don't really have much of an answer for Lucario when caught off guard and it can sometimes sweep out my entire team

-Looking at my team, once PDon is down, Mega Diancie gives me some serious problems. Being immune to anything Whimsicott throws at it, being able to wipe out Darkrai no problem since it's a mono attacker, and being able to hold up well against Rockceus, it gives me some serious issues I need to consider.

I'm not really too considered about much else since I have a lot of those covered with at least 2 pokemon, but the above 2 pokemon can seriously give me major problems and can potentially 6-0 me (lucario). Any tips for changing my team even more?

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Hi Thathotguy. I feel like this is an interesting team concept you have, although I do definitely have some suggestions. Before you do anything else though, put stealth rock on groudon. They are necessary for almost every team.

1) optimize your ev spread on Groudon and whimsicott. No speed is something i always hate, and at the moment you could do with a bit more spdef as well, given how weak you objectively are to Xerneas and Kyogre, especially given the number of pokemon that you have that give them free turns. Whimsicott is unreliable at beating Geoxern because simply one mispredict and your whimsicott is basically dead, and with its current bulk, Xerneas has a chance to OHKO your groudon after it takes rocks damage after a geomancy, which is not bulky enough for a team that has at least 3 mons it can switch in on. whimsicott can use leftovers with max hp max defense and actually check some stuff occasionally, same moves, but more opportunities to sub thanks to lefties.

2) Good Diancie builds effectively 6-0 this team. It just comes in on literally half your team, clicks earth power once and then spams its STABs and you struggle dearly to take them. Now in dealing with this, its difficult, and I feel that a relatively ok solution is replacing either darkrai or yveltal with primal kyogre with rest sleep talk ice beam and scald, max hp max defense, which can take on Diancie very reliably. This also helps you out vs darkrai, by giving you a sleep absorber. I want to say get rid of yveltal and put ogre on here, and then change arceus formes from rock to ghost, however replacing darkrai for kyogre will probably work out better. Arc-ghost over rockceus helps more with mega lucario though, and if you are continuing to use arceus-rock, I would advise replacing whichever of the dark types you did not replace for kyogre with a Giratina-O set. I am mostly thinking the will-o-wisp defog set here, but the hex attacker could work as well. the main benefit of the defog set is that it frees up your arceus rock to be calm mind, giving you yet one more answer to diancie.

here is the importable of the team with these changes:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Encore

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 184 HP / 188 Atk / 124 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 224 Atk / 248 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 104 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover

Max Hp max defense whimsicott is better cause it can check some weak physical attackers with weak attacking moves like Klefki and support primal groudon without a fire move better.
kyogre = a tiny speed creep, rest in physical bulk
groudon = tiny speed creep, enough bulk to reliably answer kyogres better, and still very offensive with adamant nature. You dont need a spa boosting nature, the main point of lava plume is to fish for burns.
Giratina = customisable, this is just a rather nice looking spread. you can make it bulkier, more offensive, less offensive, faster, ext
xerneas = 44 speed evs to outspeed genesect (uncommon but still occasionally seen) bulk to live better physcial hits including a +1 megamence's return. Also means genesect doesn't get the attack raise.
Rockceus if you're this weak to Mega Luke the least you can do is outspeed it. Calm mind is standard and can work vs underprepared teams well, wisp helps vs keys.

Hi Thathotguy. I feel like this is an interesting team concept you have, although I do definitely have some suggestions. Before you do anything else though, put stealth rock on groudon. They are necessary for almost every team.

1) optimize your ev spread on Groudon and whimsicott. No speed is something i always hate, and at the moment you could do with a bit more spdef as well, given how weak you objectively are to Xerneas and Kyogre, especially given the number of pokemon that you have that give them free turns. Whimsicott is unreliable at beating Geoxern because simply one mispredict and your whimsicott is basically dead, and with its current bulk, Xerneas has a chance to OHKO your groudon after it takes rocks damage after a geomancy, which is not bulky enough for a team that has at least 3 mons it can switch in on. whimsicott can use leftovers with max hp max defense and actually check some stuff occasionally, same moves, but more opportunities to sub thanks to lefties.

2) Good Diancie builds effectively 6-0 this team. It just comes in on literally half your team, clicks earth power once and then spams its STABs and you struggle dearly to take them. Now in dealing with this, its difficult, and I feel that a relatively ok solution is replacing either darkrai or yveltal with primal kyogre with rest sleep talk ice beam and scald, max hp max defense, which can take on Diancie very reliably. This also helps you out vs darkrai, by giving you a sleep absorber. I want to say get rid of yveltal and put ogre on here, and then change arceus formes from rock to ghost, however replacing darkrai for kyogre will probably work out better. Arc-ghost over rockceus helps more with mega lucario though, and if you are continuing to use arceus-rock, I would advise replacing whichever of the dark types you did not replace for kyogre with a Giratina-O set. I am mostly thinking the will-o-wisp defog set here, but the hex attacker could work as well. the main benefit of the defog set is that it frees up your arceus rock to be calm mind, giving you yet one more answer to diancie.

here is the importable of the team with these changes:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Encore

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 224 Atk / 248 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover

Max Hp max defense whimsicott is better cause it can check some weak physical attackers with weak attacking moves like Klefki and support primal groudon without a fire move better.
kyogre = a tiny speed creep, rest in physical bulk
groudon = tiny speed creep, enough bulk to reliably answer kyogres better, and still very offensive with adamant nature. You dont need a spa boosting nature, the main point of lava plume is to fish for burns.
Giratina = customisable, this is just a rather nice looking spread. you can make it bulkier, more offensive, less offensive, faster, ext
xerneas = 44 speed evs to outspeed genesect (uncommon but still occasionally seen) bulk to live better physcial hits including a +1 megamence's return. Also means genesect doesn't get the attack raise.
Rockceus if you're this weak to Mega Luke the least you can do is outspeed it. Calm mind is standard and can work vs underprepared teams well, wisp helps vs keys.
Thanks for the tips! I'm going to keep Whimsicott's moves as is even without taunt since I feel like the only way it can function properly is by using the full subseed set, since if Xerneas switches in to my Yveltal or when my opponent knows all 4 moves of my Darkrai and one of their party pokemon is asleep and sends in Xerneas, I can switch in Whimsicott and encore the very next turn to stop GeoXern from being a threat to my team. If my opponent guesses the move correctly and Whimsicott's health was low before, that's fine, it fulfilled its duty on weakening (or killing) the first mon sent out and I can use PDon. It's impossible for Xerneas to get a Geomancy up before my PDOn is sent out since it'll have to do that while Whimsicott is up (getting caught in encore leech seed + substitute) and if it tries to use Geomancy on my Groudon without its power herb I have Roar as backup.

At the moment my team is extremely weak to EKiller so I'll keep Yveltal for now, but switching Darkrai out for Kyogre seems like a good idea since Darkrai didn't fit too well with my team. The only issue with this is that I don't have a good answer to Clefairy and my wall breaking capabilities drop down very low when Yveltal is down without taunt.

I'll definitely take your advice on the EV spreads since mine seem really focused on damage rather than survival, and the speed creeps will definitely help a ton, except maybe Rockceus since I need him for his anti-Ho-Oh bulk.

Another thing that just came to mind: How good of a replacement do you think switching out Kyogre for a Mega Lucario of my own is? It's a pretty good wallbreaker and pressures Diancie hard enough to not even let it switch in.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since this team only got one rate and then was largely ignored I'll post some thoughts.

The oddities in structure I notice immediately are the double Dark-type, Arceus-Rock + Darkrai, Whimsicott, no hazards, and having some concerning weaknesses to certain prominent Pokemon. You talk about how you use Yveltal to check EKiller, offensive Psychics, DD Mence, and lure fairies, but for a team such as this Giratina-O does these jobs better and adds additional utility. Your current Yveltal set loses against Stone Edge EKiller, doesn't really check DD Mence under SR, and doesn't check Pokemon such as SD Arceus-Ground and Primal Groudon nearly as well as Giratina-O does. The Darkrai + Yveltal combination might work if you use an offensive Yveltal set designed to crush Klefki, but without this benefit you end up with a sort of redundant pairing that just stacks defensive weaknesses. Another potential way to fix this is by replacing Yveltal with Latios or Rayquaza, something that can offensively check both Primals, and then make your EKiller check Arceus-Ghost. The choice of Latios vs. Rayquaza is based on if you want Defog or priority + better wall breaking potential.

On the topic of this team's Arceus, this squad is going to benefit much more from having some offensive SD Arceus rather than support Arceus-Rock. I already mentioned how you can forgo using Giratina-O by using Arceus-Ghost, but if you do use Giratina-O you are probably looking at utilizing an EKiller set. A SD Arceus-Ground set might be workable here, but this trades certain weaknesses. Deciding the Arceus slot and the Pokemon to be utilized over Yveltal takes care of the major concerns, leaving just set optimizations.

I don't really understand the Primal Groudon set that is being run. Roar with an EV spread that doesn't consistently check Xerneas is the main reason why, but also the use of a Naughty nature and a lack of Stealth Rock. The spread for this team should be a SR support or an offensive SR, both of which are able to emergency check Xerneas. Your Xerneas set feels a bit strange, not sure Aromatherapy is completely justified for this team and what exactly you intend to remove status from and when. If the main reason you run it is to eliminate T Wave set on Xern by Primal Groudon and Gira-O, then Substitute can do this job specifically. If you were to run a Refresh EKiller set then you'd already have a status sponge and would have less reason to run Aromatherapy. The EV spread might also need some re-evaluation, as most people run a Defense investment or a combination of Defense and HP investment as it is more efficient against a variety of Xerneas checks. Running 0 HP IVs on Whimsicott makes little sense. This does not increase the yield of Leech Seed, only the percentage you gain. Problem with this is that the percentage you gain simply isn't important. Even with maximum HP invest Whimsicott is going to be recovering enough from Leech Seed to get continuos Sub use through Protect + Leftovers... which is the item you should be running. If you're going to use this mon you'll want maximum HP and Defense investment, but even then it's hard to justify using this thing over Klefki as a Prankster Fairy or even something like Shaymin-S.

Summary:
- Run Giratina-O over Yveltal
- Run EKiller over Arceus-Rock
- Adjust the Primal Groudon set to support SR or offensive SR
- Consider running something over Aromatherapy on Xerneas, and look into using more efficient defensive spreads
- Run 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD on Whimsicott, and look into replacing it with Klefki or even Shaymin-S
- Consider using Arceus-Ghost if you prefer to use Latios or Rayquaza over Yveltal

Since this team only got one rate and then was largely ignored I'll post some thoughts.

The oddities in structure I notice immediately are the double Dark-type, Arceus-Rock + Darkrai, Whimsicott, no hazards, and having some concerning weaknesses to certain prominent Pokemon. You talk about how you use Yveltal to check EKiller, offensive Psychics, DD Mence, and lure fairies, but for a team such as this Giratina-O does these jobs better and adds additional utility. Your current Yveltal set loses against Stone Edge EKiller, doesn't really check DD Mence under SR, and doesn't check Pokemon such as SD Arceus-Ground and Primal Groudon nearly as well as Giratina-O does. The Darkrai + Yveltal combination might work if you use an offensive Yveltal set designed to crush Klefki, but without this benefit you end up with a sort of redundant pairing that just stacks defensive weaknesses. Another potential way to fix this is by replacing Yveltal with Latios or Rayquaza, something that can offensively check both Primals, and then make your EKiller check Arceus-Ghost. The choice of Latios vs. Rayquaza is based on if you want Defog or priority + better wall breaking potential.

On the topic of this team's Arceus, this squad is going to benefit much more from having some offensive SD Arceus rather than support Arceus-Rock. I already mentioned how you can forgo using Giratina-O by using Arceus-Ghost, but if you do use Giratina-O you are probably looking at utilizing an EKiller set. A SD Arceus-Ground set might be workable here, but this trades certain weaknesses. Deciding the Arceus slot and the Pokemon to be utilized over Yveltal takes care of the major concerns, leaving just set optimizations.

I don't really understand the Primal Groudon set that is being run. Roar with an EV spread that doesn't consistently check Xerneas is the main reason why, but also the use of a Naughty nature and a lack of Stealth Rock. The spread for this team should be a SR support or an offensive SR, both of which are able to emergency check Xerneas. Your Xerneas set feels a bit strange, not sure Aromatherapy is completely justified for this team and what exactly you intend to remove status from and when. If the main reason you run it is to eliminate T Wave set on Xern by Primal Groudon and Gira-O, then Substitute can do this job specifically. If you were to run a Refresh EKiller set then you'd already have a status sponge and would have less reason to run Aromatherapy. The EV spread might also need some re-evaluation, as most people run a Defense investment or a combination of Defense and HP investment as it is more efficient against a variety of Xerneas checks. Running 0 HP IVs on Whimsicott makes little sense. This does not increase the yield of Leech Seed, only the percentage you gain. Problem with this is that the percentage you gain simply isn't important. Even with maximum HP invest Whimsicott is going to be recovering enough from Leech Seed to get continuos Sub use through Protect + Leftovers... which is the item you should be running. If you're going to use this mon you'll want maximum HP and Defense investment, but even then it's hard to justify using this thing over Klefki as a Prankster Fairy or even something like Shaymin-S.

Summary:
- Run Giratina-O over Yveltal
- Run EKiller over Arceus-Rock
- Adjust the Primal Groudon set to support SR or offensive SR
- Consider running something over Aromatherapy on Xerneas, and look into using more efficient defensive spreads
- Run 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD on Whimsicott, and look into replacing it with Klefki or even Shaymin-S
- Consider using Arceus-Ghost if you prefer to use Latios or Rayquaza over Yveltal
Hey thanks for the rates! I did change my team quite a bit before this post so I'll post what I currently have now:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Encore

About switching focus sash with leftovers and going for more defense, I'm not sure I'd like to do that since many pokemon can OHKO Whimsicott anyway. Focus sash helps me clean up a non priority sweeper that set up on me when I didn't expect it if no rocks are up so I like using focus sash, unless you can reason against that.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

I changed up PDon's EV's and nature to better my survivability against GeoXern (using PomMan's set). I also changed T-Wave back to rocks for some entry hazards which could potentially faze out some pokemon from switching in until defogged.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

I used PomMan's GeoXern spread with more flexibility throughout its EV spread, improving my chances of using Geomancy before some taunters and increasing defensive survivability while retaining offensive pressure. I use aromatherapy because I absolutely hate switching out Xerneas once geomancy is up due to how much tempo I lose in a match, and aromatherapy helps me retain pressure when I've lost it. Also heals Rockceus from sacred fire burns a lot of the time without really needing to run refresh on it.

Typically GeoXern is slower than most T-Wave users if they're left in the match but if I time my usage better and use substitute, it can definitely help faze out Klefki completely and choice scarf Ditto can't copy my Xerneas with Geo up, so I might switch aroma for sub.

Arceus-Fire (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

I'm not too keen on switching out Rockceus for E-Killer due to my large weakness to Ho-Oh if I do choose to do so. Nobody in my team really stomachs Ho-Oh's attacks well and with Giratina-O I believe I'll definitely need to run a check to Ho-Oh, unless you believe E-Killer with stone edge would be far more beneficial.

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost

This is the same Yveltal set as mentioned above but I do like the Giratina-O set you mentioned as well, which I might consider using. The only thing I want to know is what most E-Killer variants use more often: shadow claw or stone edge? Giratina-O gets easily OHKO'd by +2 shadow claw and it doesn't have much of an answer in return other than fazing it out, while Yveltal has a 75% chance to survive a +2 stone edge (assuming LO use, 0% chance to get OHKO'd otherwise). Giratina-O definitely has some major advantages over Yveltal and is a great pokemon for tanking just about any physical attacker out there, so I'll wait for your opinion on that one.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Lastly, I switched Darkrai out for Primal Kyogre to check the likes of Mega Diancie far better and also absorbs steel damage just like PDon. I'm using the standard rest-talk set to resist being status fodder (also taking out klefki with relative ease unless it carries taunt) and it provides some pretty good synergy with my team, although it isn't too impressive vs other Kyogre since most others carry Thunder.

Sorry for not mentioning these changes earlier or editing the above post, but I did change the team up just a little bit. If you changed your mind about the changes you listed above please let me know, but I'll definitely be switching things around and about and try to see what works best for me. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)