Suggest me PlayStation 1 Games

3 words needed:

Crash Bandicoot Series

The series is awesome, it is really nostalgic, and it might not seem challenging, but if you dont play it that much. It is a bit

However, I recommend these ones:

Crash Bandicoot Warped

You definitely must try The Legend of Dragoon. Trust me, it is really awesome, the only people who dislike it are Final Fantasy fanboys. The average User Review on GameSpot for this game is 89%, and on IGN 91%. Unless you don't like RPGs, this game is a must-have.

I didn't even see this post till now but I agree with every word of it. Hell I would kill someone for a LoD sequel...maybe (I would). The only real problem I had with it is that the translation can be atrocious at times, but I love the story and battle system and the characters and basically everything about the game. Easily my favorite RPG of all time.

also Crash Bandicoot owns
The PS1 Final Fantasy games are a must if you're an RPG fan, nothing more to say there. If you can find it, Legend of Dragoon is a similar RPG adventure; an incredible hidden gem on the PS1. Certainly a cult classic... it still has a good number of fans (myself included) who want to see a sequel. It has a great battle system and storyline, so you should pick it up if possible. LoD would be my top recommendation, followed by Crash if you want something a little different.
OMG I am not the only one! It is one of the most underrated games in existence, with Gamepost giving it only 64% and IGN giving it 70%, and they sound kinda like Final Fantasy fanboys if you read the review. User Reviews are much better, in the high 80s and low 90s. I am also begging for a sequel to this game, the story started off quite simple, but eventually unfolds to reveal bigger disasters, from simply breaking your girlfriend out of prison to preventing the world from being destroyed. My favourite character is Rose, what about yours? I like her personality, mysterious and cold. "Demon's Dance!" quite sinister when she says "Die!" in the middle of doing that Addition.

Highly agree with Suikoden 2 and FF Tactics

Other titles I recommend (sorry if already mentioned)
Suikoden 1
Xenogears (absolutely phenomenal game imo btw)
Star Ocean 2
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Vagrant Story

legend of mana is a beautiful action rpg with a stellar soundtrack and plenty of replayability

it also has an intricate forging system, much more complex than it lets on
and if you love weapon building, once you learn how the system actually works
the game promises to keep you entertained for a long time

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Silent Hill is ultra hard to find, but it is the single greatest PS game ever.

Its awesome, but if you like racing games, Grand Turismo, is alright
Gran Turismo is absolutely seminal, probably the most influential racing game ever. It is, however, soundly thrashed by its sequels.

I don't want to rehash the same games everyone else is saying, so I'll suggest some others. Although I will point out that every main series Final Fantasy up to IX other than IIIj can be had on PS1.

Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto 2. How the series started out, in the top-town 2D days. GTA2 is a lot more free-roaming than the newer games. These can, admittedly, be had for PC also.

The Driver series can also be seen as a GTA antecedent. The games are all about car chases, mostly in oldish American muscle cars - there's no guns or shooting and in Driver 1 you can't even leave your car, so you get to focus on the driving. (Strict police too - no ramming or jumping red lights here!) Along a similar vein is The Italian Job, a PS1 video game based on the film - the original British film, not the LA heist remake.

The Wipeout series is worth a look, for futuristic racing that's better than F-Zero.

A little-known gem is Rollcage. A futuristic racer with a sci-fi setting like Wipeout, but the gameplay's been said to be more like Mario Kart.

Jade Cocoon is interesting. It's a bit of a Pokemon ripoff tbh, and I'd call it average-to-good, not brilliant. The plot is a bit meh, and the pace slow. The key thing that makes it not Pokemon is the ability to merge monsters, creating hybrids - and that being a key way to get a bigger range of abilities.

Another also-on-PC (and on the DS!) case is the Worms series. I'd steer clear of the original, it's very dated. Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party are great.

For something not really a "game" as such there's the Music series. Of course you could criticise them for doing what's better done on PC.

Lastly, a bunch of innovative puzzlers: Kurushi AKA Intelligent Qube, Mr Domino, and Devil Dice AKA Xi.

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX are all classics obviously. Since you said you liked 2 and 3, I would highly recommend Digimon World 1. It is a very underrated game, and only has a few annoying glitches that can be avoided easily. Final Fantasy Tactics is a great strategy game if you are into those. Another completely unknown strategy game for the PSX is Vanguard Bandits. I have an inexplicable love for the game, and it has 5 different endings, so it can keep one interested for a while. Metal Gear Solid would probably be a good choice too, but the best MGS games are for the later versions of the Playstation.
This.

I think FFVII was arguably the best game ever made. If you can find a cheap one, you should definitely buy it because there are people selling it out there for like... $120. Any of the Final Fantasy games for PS1 is worth buying, really.

Spyro, Twisted Metal, Ape Escape, and Crash Bandicoot were all great too.
There was another really good RPG that I was into called Legend of the Dragoon.

Good stuff.

OH YEAH: Tekken 3 kicked ass!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)