Super Meat Boy

Anyone playing this amazing game? I'm actually pretty good at it and I've gotten as high as third on the leaderboards on a few levels. I also wanted to say that Teh Internets levels are ridiculously hard especially the last one, its the only one I cant beat X.X

I'm almost certain there's currently no plans to release it on the PSN.

On another note I highly encourage anyone with a 360 to at least try the demo for this game

totally buying this for wii/pc the day it releases, and cant wait. aaaaa

lack of psn version is kind of annoying though :/

I tried the demo, can't say I enjoyed it. I found this game more frustrating than fun, and that's just from experiencing 10 levels. The controls are too sensitive and motions are too fast to accurately control. I can't imagine it'd get any better, however several reviews I've read said it does start off annoying but then improves. From your experience is this accurate? I've never been much of a puzzle-platformer person, so my initial opinion may be a bit one-sided, but I'd be willing to give it another try.

Is there a PC or Wii demo?
Sorry there's currently no PC or wii demo, although I'd imagine the PC should get a demo at some point since they can just use the 360 one

I tried the demo, can't say I enjoyed it. I found this game more frustrating than fun, and that's just from experiencing 10 levels. The controls are too sensitive and motions are too fast to accurately control. I can't imagine it'd get any better, however several reviews I've read said it does start off annoying but then improves. From your experience is this accurate? I've never been much of a puzzle-platformer person, so my initial opinion may be a bit one-sided, but I'd be willing to give it another try.
Well I have to disagree with you, the controls are absolutely perfect, I mean they make the game really. If the controls weren't as good as they are then I could see Super Meat Boy just being one of those frustrating games whose only redeeming quality is how difficult it is :/. Though I do understand what you're saying about the controls maybe being too precise for some people. As you said you don't play platformers, or don't like them anyway, and in supermeat boy every single time you die it's your fault as almost every review mentions.

Honestly if you didn't like the demo you won't like the rest of the game, I don't know what people mean about it picking up, besides it getting more difficult, but if you're having trouble with the earlier levels you'll only get more frustrated. All I can really say is to try to get better at controlling meat boy and if you do I'm sure you'll end up loving the game but if not then I doubt it'd be worth playing for you.

I though I'd just mention very quickly my favorite parts of Super Meat Boy.

The Controls. Meat Boy is probably the most responsive character in a videogame since Link in Wind Waker. Meat Boy responds to EVERYTHING you do so if he dies guess whose fault it is :x

Perfect level design. This is most notable when doing speed runs and almost every stage has at least 2 ways to reach the goal and finding a faster route is pretty fun and adds a slight puzzle element.

Fantastic music. Big deal when you're replaying the same stage 50 times.

Sense of Accomplishment. What I think is the best part of Super Meat Boy. That one run where everything comes together after dying a million times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)