ORAS Doubles OU The Bases Covered Team

So my friend and I are creating teams to sweep through the official Nintendo wifi championships.
here is my best, a crazy double battle team with picks from all over.
so I really want you guys to help me out so i can get the scholarship grand prize and actually be able to go to college.

Tectonica (Regigigas) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Slow Start
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Power-Up Punch
- Crush Grip
- Zen Headbutt
So to start we have the looked over Regigigas and with a little help, has had new life given to it. aside from being heavily reliant on Golduck's simple beam, it's solid defenses and massive attack would be enough to make it uber. right? sadly its ability is one of the largest handicaps in the pokemon series (looking at you archeops). with a single simple beam, not only is this solved, but he is given a large advantage. with simple + power up punch, he gets a +2 attack stat boost. not to mention a crush grip to take out entry tanks and bulky-mons, but also a knock off that can 1hko almost any ghost/ psychic type in the metgame
Fite me.

Dyukki (Golduck) (M) @ Quick Claw
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 84 SAtk / 4 SDef / 84 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Clear Smog
- Simple Beam
- Soak
- Synchronoise
"Type advantage? That's ADORABLE!!! I'll just simple beam this regi and get to work making you cry."
Nothing is a bigger middle finger than removing all upsides to someone's plans. It has the ability to take almost any move to the face and live to tell the tale, all the while taking away you're boosts, abilities, and typings.
Put a quick claw in the mix and you might just outspeed their best, and take away their hopes and dreams.
Just make sure to not let them forget about the rest of your team.
And screw their weather.

Kamikaze (Talonflame) (F) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Flame Charge

With shell bell, after a few bulk ups brave bird will be healing itself. not to mention the upped defenses. all in all, she could hit the ground running.

1-UP (Amoonguss) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rage Powder
- Sunny Day
- Toxic
- Ingrain

"The art of misdirection" doesn't even to begin to describe the amount trollery this 'shroom will do. Just hit that rage powder and let your other pokemon stat boost to oblivion. fire type moves? meh, let them fire away.

Masquerade (Masquerain) (F) @ Safety Goggles
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump

Believe it or not, there are players that haven't even seen Masquerain before. So it goes to show that people don't really know the power that this little guy packs after a quiver dance or two. Sporting a PHENOMENAL movepool, given time... masq will make them refund their Ds at game stop for the measly sum of...
pure embarrassment.
Pair with hail for a 100% 'accreate' stat boosted blizzard.
Please Feed: Stat boosed special moves every 2-3 turns. She likes to laugh.

Koro Sensei (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SDef / 160 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hail
- Confuse Ray
- Acid Spray
- Magic Coat

Oh boy. Last but not least, the Raticate of the sea himself, Tentacruel. A perfect pair with a boosted masq, He gives Her blizzard a 100% accuracy, lowers special defenses, cripples enemies, and fends off entry hazards and status moves. not to mention the bane of giga drain sustain and trick users.

Any tips? Problems? please tell me.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey buddy, quite a weird team you have got there, and believe me if you want to win championships gimmicks are not gonna work, they are never, for eg. give me a kanga which is on every team and taunter like thundy again on every team and I will beat your team. As far as non-gimmick portion is there, you have too much setup and only amoongus as your redirector, who is like totally taunt bait, and then you will have to switch. Also, hail + blizzard might look good on paper but,there are so many choiced landos, that any rock slide will kill ya, magic coat kelps with taunt and t-waves a bit, but basically, 3 of your mons can be taunted so you can't do anything, and poor old regi will be left with slowstart. And 5 turns are more than enough to kill anyone. Sorry for being a bit rude but seriously your team needs a complete makeover, so if you want it just comment, then we will get to work.
Good Luck anyways :o)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You don't have a Mega. Mega Kangaskhan is more powerful than Regigigas and only slightly less bulky, so you should replace Regigigas with Mega Kangaskhan and you will win more. Change literally every other Pokemon on the team and you'll probably win even more.

That said, if you've got eyes on the world championship, look into the VGC format - it's a lot different than Doubles OU this year.

Ill take any help I can get. I realized a while ago that this isn't really the "team to win it all", but just a place to start. But I really do want a weird team that makes people think "where the hell did that come from?"
You aren't being rude. THANK YOU. I needed a fresh dose of reality.

Arctic, I did just check out the VGC rules for this year and I'm pretty hyped. We get to select two of the banned legendaries!
But seriously, thank you. I hope to have a better team to show y'all next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)