ORAS Ubers The Beginning (and end) of Legends

Hello, my name is Kilgrave, and here is my first and last Ubers team: The Beginning (and end) of Legends. Honestly the Ubers ladder is so horrific that it gives Anything Goes a run for its money, and I might take a break from it until gen 7. This team reached 1400 however it is currently on 1395 (thanks stall).

I had a lot of stall against me and this really annoying user who was adamant that he was better than me and could "read me like a book". I beat him and he refused to believe that my Mega Gengar was a Perish Trap set ("No it has sludge wave"). The entire ladder is just depressing me to a point where I'm barely writing this. But, if I want to make my team better, I should ask the good people on Smogon for help.

So, here's the team:

Arceus-Normal @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Just your average Arceus-Normal set with moves taken from a recent Flying Press article. EQ for Rock and Steel types, and Shadow Claw for Ghost types. Haven't really got too much to say about it tbh.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Trap
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

I went with a Perish Trap Mega Gengar because it is so fun to use... when it works. I pulled it off only once against a Wish-Protect Clefable. Mega Gengar is strong, but not strong enough for me. I feel I either need to improve it in a way that makes Perish Trap more reliable and effective, or just remove it completely.

(I couldn't find a PDon sprite, so just pretend that this regular Groudon is primal)
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
It sets up rocks and hurts stuff. PDon is important because of Ho-Oh and Lugia (and the occasional completely unviable mon that doesn't like rocks). With rocks, it is far easier to deal with this. Hates Primal Kyogre and Deoxys Attack.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Darkrai, along with Xerneas, is one of the harder hitters of my team. With one Nasty Plot it OHKOs everything that isn't incredibly bulky. It's great, but I'm debating whether I should give it a Sash or not.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Ho-Oh is pretty much the only bulky Pokemon I have on my team bar Arceus and I can't run Defog with Regenerator, so most of its death are down to rocks. I does take hits really well though with all that special bulk.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Ground
- Focus Blast

Here it is: the star of the team. Basically Xerneas sets up and sweeps. Moonblast is pretty self-explanatory, while HP Ground is a roll on OHKOing PDon. Please, somebody tell me what I should replace Focus Blast with, because it feels a bit like a wasted moveslot, because HP Ground basically does its job and has more accuracy.

Threatlist:

The only thing that beats this is ESpeed from Arceus, and even then it has a Sash a lot of the time. If don't get rocks up or they get removed before this thing comes in, it sweeps the team.
God this thing is so bulky. Screws me over even after rocks. I can't hit it hard enough and its gets all of its HP back with Roost.
Rocks screw of Ho-Oh and everything is ten times worse with a phazer.
Just a couple of the phazers I've seen. Endless Whirlwinds and Dragon Tails are endless.
This bulky thing. Eats up everything I throw at it.
(Primal) I always have to sack something off to bring PDon out and back in to get rid of the rain.
Stall and stally mons. I'd love nothing more than to absolutely destroy these teams from hell but I can't.
All the ESpeeds, different types, bulk and offense are too much for me to handle in one go. I can deal with Arceus-Ghost but that's about it. Ground and Normal are the only other two I've seen and they're screwing me over.

So, there's the team. Sorry is it is not exactly the most detailed, I'm really depressed after laddering. I swear I can to RMTs, I've done two before, but I figured it would be better to put this up than not to. Hope you like it, and remember to keep in mind that this is my first Ubers team.

Thanks for reading ;)

I like this team a bit, but from first glance I see a couple important things missing.

First off, you don't have a sleep absorber for DV Darkrai. Since Xern and Ho-Oh are two of the best sleep talkers for this, I recommened changing one of there sets to a sleep talk set, preferably Ho-Oh.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

or

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

You could run Scarf sleep talk Xern but I think Ho-Oh will fit better here.

On Xerneas, You can go Aromatherapy > Focus Blast, because HP Ground hits Near everything that Focus blast hits hard, such as P-Don, with perfect accuracy. Yeah you trade off some of the damage to some steel types, but that slight cleric role helps support Mons like LO Arceus and Ho-Oh.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Ground
- Aromatherapy

Since you're running Ho-Oh, you alse NEED a defogger or rapid spinner so you can actually switch in and not get bopped. I don't have any suggestiones because I'm writing this a bit rushed, but if I have time later (or someone who's probably way more qualified to help doesn't see this,) I'll think a bit about it more. Hope my changes help your team :D

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey man, since I am on my mobile, I'll just give it a quick rate. I think you have some general idea about the tier, but you have some serious flaws in your team like ho-oh without hazard control and etc.

So, I will go from pokemon to pokemon adjusting whatever that seems a bit off to me. So, first of all we can build around m-gengar which shits on stuff like lugia, blissey basically stall.
You said you liked using gengar, but with an offensive set, its better to run taunt gengar which completely beats stuff like lugia and since it is faster than e-killer post mega evolution, it's generally very useful in beating most variants of it at low health, if you run sludge wave you can possibly beat xerneas where as running focus blast gives you option against darkrai post mega-evolving.

Next up,
Now ho-oh is an excellent pokemon in this metagame and its choice band set(preferably a fast one as you can burn stuff like yveltal before it foul-plays you and hit pogre for massive damage) breaks stall and balances alike and even crippling most of it's counters with a sacred fire burn or doing humongous damage to anything not named arceus-rock. It also provides the team with a sleep switch-in for darkrai.

Now for your rock setter, we can always go for,
Fully specially defensive primal groudon, which along with gengar makes your team, pretty strong against geo-xern as well as crippling stuff with thunder-wave. Basically fully spdef pdon makes your pogre match-up pretty durable too, since it takes ice beams comfortably and even puts it down to ho-oh's brave bird range.
But the team still feels pretty weak to common physical sweepers like kangaskhan, salamence so I am going to suggest you physically defensive charti berry
. It can easily toxic most of it's switch-in pivot in gengar with u-turn and basically check most of the physical metagame with a strong foul-play. Charti Berry allows it to beat stuff like life orb arceus stone edge as offensive pdon 1v1. It sort of checks salamence but with another mon I am going to suggest next basically completes your defensive core.
Next up, since this team has a ho-oh and yveltal hazard control is imminent. So, Arceus-Rock fills this void as well as being a strong check to standard bird-spam teams.
And finally to clean up, I'd suggest a rest-talk version of geomancy xerneas which becomes a strong switch-in to offensive yveltal as well as beating most of it's common counters like klefki, defensive pdon etc. Also you can have never too many switch-ins for darkrai.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond/Protect
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Roar/Thunder Wave

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt/Sucker Punch

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 56 SpA / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Anyways, best of luck, Ubers is a great tier you'll enjoy it once you get the hang of it :D.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Your team needs a Mega Salamence check since you pretty much lose when it sets up with DD. The EVs and some sets are also not optimal which can pretty much cost you a game because of the lack of bulk or the waste of a moveslot. Another thing is the lack of hazard control. There is a Ho-Oh on your team so you should atleast use something that can get rid of the Stealth Rock or any other hazard. Here are my suggestions without changing too much:

- Replace Darkrai for Excadrill
This will give you a good lead Pokémon and also frees Primal Groudon from the SR role. Excadrill will also give you Rapid Spin which means that you can get some hazard control. This is much appreciated with a Ho-Oh in the team.

- Replace Mega Gengar for Mega Salamence
Ho-Oh was literally your only ground resist and this isn't really a good Primal Groudon answer, hence a check was needed. Mega Salamence soft checks Ho-Oh, P-Don and E-Killer and can also work as a cleaner late-game.

- Choice Banded Ho-Oh
Your set is really weird. Will-O-Wisp is totally unnecesary since Ho-Oh learns Sacred Fire. CB with Sleep Talk gives you a Darkrai check and is also able to get rid of a weakened +2 Xerneas.

- Double Dance P-Don or RP P-Don
Since Excadrill is now taking the role as a SR setter you are now able to use a more offensive Primal Groudon. I recommend Double Dance but you can pretty much use anything you want.

- Optimal Xerneas set
You don't really need HP Ground with Focus Blast on your set. Just use HP Rock to hit Ho-Oh or Aromatherapy. Xerneas needs bulk in order to tank a hit while setting up with Geomancy so bulk investment is really recommended here.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Focus Blast

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Heya there!
Although the team has some small flaws, it looks pretty nice at a first glance, let me give you a rate.
Aite, first of all, I don't understand why you have a Ho-Oh on the team and this set is not good at all, opposing Primal Groudon can easily set up in front of it and sweep everything since there's no way to stop this huge threat. To fix this issue, I recommend
over Ho-Oh
. Rayquaza is even better for the team as you need a flying-type that helps you to control the ground weakness, Ray gives offensive momentum and pressures your opponent forcing him to switch out. The set I'll leave below works amazingly against bulky defensive teams!

I want to keep Mega Gengar on this team^~^ but as I said previously, Primal-Groudon is a nightmare but if we continue talking about threats, Mega Salamence can be a pain as well, there's no way to stop this monster once it's boosted which is why I want to suggest you to take out Darkrai and use
instead
. To be honest, I don't think you need a Darkrai, my suggestion of Rayquaza gives you more offense and the Mega Mence issue is something that you need to worry about; Dialga is the perfect Stealth Rock user here, it helps to deal in a better way versus opposing Mega Salamence and it can do a decent damage on opposing PDon, surviving one hit from Precipice Blades/Earthquake. Also, if you follow my Dialga advice, you will have the option to use Paradancer Primal-Groudon since it's a very good set as it helps versus Xerneas but at the same time it's quite offensive. In other words, PDon would be even more effective!

Small Suggestions.

• Use the proper set on
    . Sludge Wave over Perish Trap will help you against Fairy types and you won't lose momentum. Destiny Bond>Focus Blast as a response to stop opposing Ekiller when it tries to sweep your team.
  • Run Choice Scarf on
    . You really need a check of fast mons offensive mons such as Darkrai, Deoxys-A and Mewtwo, and this Xerneas set is the best for it!
  • Consider Swords Dance Arceus-Ground if PDon continues giving you troubles.
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Aqua Tail
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 148 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

tl;dr
~
Rayquaza > Ho-Oh.
~Dialga > Darkrai.
~Paradancer Primal-Groudon > The current support set.

That's all, hope I helped and good luck with your team! :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)