Multifaction/FFA The First Mafia Game by Quentin Tarantino - Game Over, DVAS win

lynch kirsche/jalmont
jalmont/kirsche cannot kill blazade
blazade lynches Paperblade
blazade wins

lynch Paperblade
-jalmont/kirsche both shoot blazade, blazade cannot block both shots
--kirsche wins due to self-bg if he can
--mortal combat standoff walrein priority decides who wins

-if one of kirsche/jalmont shoots the other and blazade lives, blazade wins

no lynch (aka lynch Blazade)
-jalmont and kirsche both shoot blazade, killing him
--if kirsche can self-bg: jalmont is kingmaker, whoever is not lynched of kirsche/paperblade wins
--otherwise, mortal combat standoff walrein priority decides who wins

-if jalmont/kirsche shoot anyone other than blazade, they risk him living, in which case he wins

This is my math based on my knowledge of the roles (kirsche is a BG that can target himself, jalmont is a JOAT with all abilities used up, I am an expert killer with a BPV and 1x kill that are both used up, and Blazade has 3 votes, as well as hooks his target if they attempt to target him).

If jalmont and kirsche attempt to lynch me, I will lynch one of them with Blazade and give him the win. This means a no lynch (aka attempted Blazade lynch) is required unless someone wishes to kingmake in his favor.

From here, it becomes a game of luck. jalmont shooting blazade is essentially a resignation--he loses regardless of what else happens. If kirsche shoots me, blazade wins, if kirsche shoots blazade with him, jalmont becomes kingmaker (or hopes that kirsche cannot self-bg and for a priority win). At the same time, jalmont will instantly lose should he not shoot blazade and blazade chooses to block kirsche's action, as blazade will then win. Furthermore, this would require kirsche to not be a self BG and for jalmont to win in priority over kirsche.

kirsche in a similar boat, but with one major difference. kirsche would not be kingmaker, and thus would never shoot me unless he believed jalmont would kingmake in my favor and wanted to hope for the 50/50 on Blazade (and an additional one if he can't selfbg).

As you can see, I have no hard decisions at this point. Neither does Blazade, tbh. At this point, my decisions have all been made.

There were other kills I could have made, but the EV was always lower. Killing jalmont would lead to a no lynch into a 50/50 on Blazade living--if he dies, RD wins. If he lives, we lynch an RD and have a standoff, in which I lose unless he shoots the last dog and they die as I shoot him. Not promising.

Killing Blazade is game losing. A no lynch is forced, resulting in jalmont shooting at an RD while they shoot me for sure. If they shoot jalmont, they open themselves to unnecessary risk, where I win the game if jalmont's kill succeeds. Killing me merely forces the

Killing kirsche is effectively the same as killing King.

A no kill could have been interesting, but far too complicated and in most cases just ends up as one of the others above, but out of my control, as all other kills result in a no lynch today, whereas nokilling causes a lynch today.

I did what I could to clinch it. I don't blame the other players if they do the same, knowing that everything hinges on the actions of others

lynch blazade

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
fyi deadline will not be called early this cycle under any circumstances

if you really wanna stealth then go for it but everyone'll make fun of you

official deadline is 9 PM CST as per usual

Yeah Pblade gets it all right here.

I never expected to get this far, but I also never expected that clown fiesta of an rssp1 lynch to assemble so there's that. Once our (mis?)fortune in getting the buff got us blackballed I played to have fun and get to an influential position where I could at worst be a kingmaker and reward players for working with me instead of treating me like a piece of shit, and at best somehow engineer a definitive win if the playerlist was heavily misinformed or retarded.

I guess what I got to be is kingmaker-maker which isn't quite as good but hey 8 faction multi am I right? My last ditch effort, Jalmont and Paperblade, was to take a line where not choosing me and taking your chances results in a probable Resevoir Dogs win. This doesn't do anything if you only care about your own win so it's not a very strong or forceful ultimatum, and Jalmont can take Paperblade over me anyway, but it's the only hand I have and depending on your priorities it may be worth something.

The way I see it, I stayed out of both of your ways, particularly DVAS after approaching me early on, and put in a fair bit of negotiating legwork to keep the infighting between everyone else going. I also understand, however that even if it was everyone's goal this game, playing to survive is not an admirable pursuit. There will be no hard feelings either way on my end, I just ask not to let Dogs win if it comes down to it in the lynch tomorrow.

I'm True Randing my hook tonight, so let's get this over with. The time to decide is now.

Dear kirsche,
You are Mr. White.

You’re a veteran criminal and a long-time friend of crime boss Joe Cabot. You have a very strong code of personal honor, which occasionally comes back to bite you.

Each night, you may target a user. You will guard your target, protecting them from any attempts on their life.

Your faction kills on odd nights. Each cycle, you may attempt to kill a user for your faction. If more than one member of your faction attempts this, the kill will fail.

You are allied with the Reservoir Dogs. You win if your faction eliminates all other players.
The Reservoir Dogs have been eliminated.
Its night 7 deadline in 24 hours.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Game Over

so Blazade should win this, right?

except nah, Jalmont had a self-safeguard waiting in the wings

thus falls Blazade to the humble nightkill

Dear Blazade,
You are Marco the Mexican.

Also known as “Bob”, you’re one of the members of the infamous Domergue gang. You’re notable for being more comfortable with a knife than with a gun and for your surprising skill on the piano.

Each night, you may target a user. If your target is attempting to target a member of the Domergue gang, you will shoot in their general direction, missing but impeding them from completing their action nonetheless.

Your faction kills on even nights. Each cycle, you may attempt to kill a user for your faction. If more than one member of your faction attempts this, the kill will fail.

You are allied with the Domergue Gang. You win if your faction eliminates all other players.
The Domergue Gang has been eliminated. Their buff was a factional ability allowing them to give a target player +2 votes off the bat at day's start. Wow. Scary.

The ensuing lynch standoff between Jalmont and Paperblade goes about as well as expected, and the Day 8 lynch ends in a tie.

Nightfall. Surely Jalmont's a sitting duck, right?

Nah, he still had a redirect. And because unabated expert kills are dumb, redirects work on Walrein-brand expert kills. Thus, Paperblade pops his own BPV. Another tie lynch on Day 9, and it's Night 9 GG.

Dear Paperblade,
You are Beatrix Kiddo.

Also known as the Bride, you are a former assassin who fled after becoming pregnant, and was subsequently nearly murdered. Having recovered from your coma, you now seek revenge against those who sought to end your life.

Your skill with a blade is unparalleled. Any killing action you attempt is guaranteed to succeed.

Your incredible resilience will allow you to survive the first attempt made on your life. This will not stop a lynch, and it will only work once.

Once in the game, you may target a user. If your target is attempting to use an action that night, you will stop this action and kill your target; if not, your target will instead die after the following night cycle. They will be informed that they are marked for death if this occurs.

You are allied with the Bride. You win if your faction eliminates all other players.
The Bride has been eliminated.

One player left alive. One team left victorious.

Dear Jalmont,
You are Gogo Yubari.

You are O-Ren Ishii’s personal bodyguard, the de facto head of the Crazy 88, and a sadistic psychopath - all by the age of 17. Your parents must be so proud.

Your penchant for unique weaponry means you have a variety of tools at your disposal. Each night, you may target a user with one of the following weapons:

-Flail: Your target will have their action redirected to another target of your choice.
-Morningstar: Your target will be unable to complete their action.
-Bludgeon: Your target will divulge their night action to you.

The element of surprise is your friend, so you may only use each of these weapons once.

Alternatively, you may choose to protect a user from either killing or non-killing actions. Again, you may only do this once each.

Your faction kills on odd nights. Each cycle, you may attempt to kill a user for your faction. If more than one member of your faction attempts this, the kill will fail.

You are allied with the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. You win if your faction eliminates all other players.
Congratulations to the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad (Jalmont, Haruno, Former Hope, and Texas Cloverleaf) for winning the First Mafia Game by Quentin Tarantino!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd also like to sincerely apologize to everyone playing this game. This is the worst job I've done actually running a game in a long time, and you guys deserve better. Apologies specifically go out to Twin, who had to shoulder much more of the burden than I think he signed on for, and to acidphoenix, who I had to sub out due to a host mistake - a thing I hope I never have to do again.

On a happier note, I'd like to thank each and every single one of you for playing this game. I know it happened at an awkward time, what with the holidays and all, but there wasn't a single issue with activity - in fact, acid was the only sub. This is probably the first time I've never had to sub anyone out due to idling, and it's an absolutely incredible feeling.

Thanks for playing, and I hope you had at least a little fun.

ggs
game was fun
in case anyone was wondering acid rolecopped zorbees n1 and received the result when he shouldnt have, as zorbees was sg'd. As such, he had to be subbed out.
Also hitmonleet died to a host error feelsbadman

grats jalmont, conserving your abilities paid off!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
gg, ty to team for carrying

bg to aubisio and rssp for killing me for thinking i said i was targeting them when i didnt :(

made my teams life much harder

super fun to play though even living only one day, spent a shitton of time trying to get to everyone and getting a functional sheet working

could have been a nice power couple with von

Walrein

My BPV was already popped on N4 (twin gave me the night result on discord and Blazade later claimed he had shot me on that night) otherwise this wasn't auto game over unless I'm not allowed to idle my kill

Also real talk, what the fuck was Rodan's role? It offered almost nothing to our faction

Last edited:
gg guys

Did what I could to win, happy to help allies though

Also sorry pancake, you cared about this win more than I did and I couldn't pull through.

Edit: I even played around the redirect but I assumed he had found a reason to use the SG already and didn't want to risk losing the votes to it anyway. Silly of me though, if they have an expert killer and a reflexive hooker they don't need to use an SG and I should have rubbed two brain cells together and realized that.

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
gg guys

Did what I could to win, happy to help allies though

Also sorry pancake, you cared about this win more than I did and I couldn't pull through.

Edit: I even played around the redirect but I assumed he had found a reason to use the SG already and didn't want to risk losing the votes to it anyway. Silly of me though, if they have an expert killer and a reflexive hooker they don't need to use an SG and I should have rubbed two brain cells together and realized that.
lol still have yet to win an OC where I actually did something (citation: the mafia using me to communicate with the dead people and Walrein basically winning on his own)

Shoutouts Blazade for being a really cool guy who was totally fine with me being bad at OC and my common high stress rants. We almost won, didn't we :>

Dogfish and Mithrik seem like fun guys too.

I was trying to convince people that the buff didn't matter too much because it didn't... until late in the game. Getting it after night 1 was a mistake, but we couldn't control it. So... oh well.

Also all that Elle Driver drama in the early game? That was a fake claim that I misinterpreted as some sort of clue lmao. I'm so bad.

Not to mention shoutouts King_ and MoodyCloud for fake claiming the same thing and both not being our faction, as well as Vanillish Wafer for not realizing role names mattered in the game

Gg, cool game Walrein and Twin, maybe someone should make a game like this in the future :>

good game friends

Multifaction really is a lot of fun to play for me. I like it a lot because it encompasses everything that is fun about smogon mafia. You have the information gathering, the teammate finding (sometimes), the negotiations, and not to mention the salt as well. It's very conducive to having many players involved in the game (well, assuming the teammate finding goes okay).

The only real downsides I would say it has is that it tends to be very swingy and not very good at rewarding the good players. Oftentimes you have situations that come down to kingmaker, which I guess to some people is a huge negative. I usually don't mind since I think kingmaker to an extent encompasses the human element of mafia very well (e.g. you need to understand the people you are playing with, their motivations, so on). If there's one thing you can say about the DVA win is that we didn't need a kingmaker =]

This game in particular - my faction was a complete fucking mess lol. I think this quote sums a lot of things up:

[8:56 PM] zorbees: i figured out jalmonts faction c1
[8:56 PM] zorbees: since he asked for dvas claims

Normally I would have just let someone else lead but getting moled sucks and I wanted to avoid it so I figured I would take the initiative regardless of my role (which as it turned out was pretty good). In hindsight it was pretty unnecessary for me to claim but really there was no way for me to know Texas was going to take charge. Even if I didn't say anything the same outcome would've happened anyways, except people would've been in the dark about my faction (although fsr people were really confused as to what faction I was on like day 4 lol).

Texas. This man killed me. In that he got his priorities all wrong even after I proposed spending all of the first night on cleaning each other. Like I told him, yo you should check FH/Paper/me and I can check someone etc. But his preference was to get a head start on info gathering and creating alliances and shit (which was a mistake and I believe I told him as much. (Ironically the person I info-checked actually ended up being pretty important - Blazade lol). Like the thing is, early game alliances don't mean anything at all, less so in a game with as many factions and as many different interests as this one. None of the early "alliances" made any impact on this game. You can even look at the factions that were doing "well." None of them had an impact endgame-wise eg. Basterds/von's team (TBF they were inhibited by the small faction size but the point still stands). All Texas had to do was to follow my advice about checking teammates and we would've been good. This caused so much more pain then necessary and hurt us tremendously given that no one even considered paper being a mole until way after it mattered. We lost a kill and wasted a lot of time being paranoid unnecessarily. You have to talk to your teammates man. The most important conversations are when you detail what you as a faction should do because at the end of the day, that' s what you have the most control over. Alliances are largely unimportant if you don't even know who is on your team.

Haruno also shares some blame here for just never contacting me. His excuse was "i thought u were trolling" or some crap like that jesus...Literally the whole situation after Texas could've been completely avoided if he had just bothered to say anything at all to me. Being that unaware man is on you lol. I do think though that the situation wasn't helped by the fact that texas got it into his head that I was a mole plus his claim was really dodgy the way I understood it. "Expert kill" did not make any sense on a village to me, but it would've been nice to know that he was at least claiming DVAs from the start so I could've figured out someone was moling a lot earlier.

FH did a good job I think. He had a tricky role that looked bad in comparison to paper's role so I was initially pretty concerned about him. I wish he had talked to me more about his suspicions of Haruno being on our faction. Like with Haruno, if he had let me know more regarding Haruno then we could've acted a lot earlier to check people.

After Paper was outed as DVAs, we lost two members so me and Haruno got to work. The nice thing about losing numbers early is that we weren't seen as threats even though arguably we had the strongest roles on the team. I think it was pretty simple to pass of the mafias as being the most dangerous given their smaller size + more roles as a result. Plus, with many mafias having only one person it was a lot easier to pass them off as threats that it would be worthwhile to eliminate ASAP. Everything after that worked out really well with the exception of DLE switching the lynch. I'm not sure why he wanted to do this but it really fucked us up. I BG'd Haruno the night he died, and if he had lived, we probably would've had a lot easier road to win.

After that things were pretty self-explanatory. I tried to lowkey sell the fact that I had no powers and pass myself off as a kingmaker. Paper was in a very unenvious position, I think he basically had no road to win. the King_ kill actually worked out better than I had planned (my thought was kirsche was the ideal kill) due to the fact that I could force an endgame versus Blazade/Paper that I could win with my abilities without having to worry about a self-BG or my other thought that kirsche might have ++ votes. In the end, things worked out and I essentially used all my abilities perfect/close to perfectly with a little luck. Ofc a little luck is always necessary but I think me and Haruno put ourselves in a great position towards the end to win with the abilities we had.

Was our faction overpowered? IDK. I think the hardest part for the mafias was the fact that they had very small numbers and not enough abilities / protections to make up for a lack of numbers. With so many teams balance was always going to be difficult, but I think Walrein/twin did a good job. My role looks loaded just because it worked out in the end. It's very easy to see situations in which I never use any roles but get randed n3 or whatever. If anything, I thought Haruno's role was pretty amazing at all points of the game. We also didn't have a true protection role which I think was a good nerf to us. Still, the mafias I think had the hardest job and people like von/rssp got unlucky that they were found out as moles and instantly killed. Paperblade likely would've met the same fate had the Haruno mixup not happened, but I guess that worked out for both us and him in the end.

Yeah, I enjoyed this game! hopefully multifactions don't go away as they are really a lot of fun if not super competitive :D

if anyone was wondering, I got von killed because a) I thought he was going to go for me that night (I was wrong) and b) to attempt to take over the game with a joint basterds/reich faction (lynch penguin, try to get both dvas and dogs on moody, doublekill dvas while hooking jalmont) and it would basically go down to whether we got hooked or who got shot the most since with toast and hitmonleet (who died via a host error) we completely controlled the lynch if we worked together
I didn't expect DLE to stab but I could have put in more effort to convince him that I was actually planning endgame with one of the two of us winning, and aubisio just killed the reich after they stabbed so I really can't be that mad

I thought that there were some balancing issues but even with those thoughts I really enjoyed this game so thanks to walrein and twin for hosting!

Jalmont for reference I didn't know anything about Haruno being on our faction until he contacted me the day I had been outed. At that point I was primarily suspicious of you and him because of Texas, so initially I tried to limit how much either of you knew about me knowing there's a mole. It actually wasn't towards the end of the day when I started to question how paper was proven that I ended up telling you about him, but overall the gap between me finding out and telling you wasn't that long

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That much is on me, your safeclaim fooled me since I thought Elle driver was the only safeclaim and she had been outed. Jalmont having Go Go Yubari who isn't technically a dvas threw me off once haruno claimed o-ren. If I'd lived to d2 you would have come under suspicion since I tried to inspect jalmont that night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)