ORAS OU The Home Wreckers-Diggers BO (Peaked #7/1959)

Home Wreckers

Hello Smogon, Treble Clefable here! I figured I would push out an RMT just before Sun+Moon released for a team that I have been having nothing but fun with! This team has served me very well, and while I don't have any tour wins under my belt, I figured I would share a team that got me to #7 on the ladder! So without further ado, here are your Home Wreckers!

Proof of Peak:
upload_2016-11-15_22-44-55.png

Teambuilding Process

I started out with the ever reliable Rotom-Wash; ever since XY Rotom has served well as a pivot and I figured this was a solid starting point.

I chose Clefable next because it is another reliable Pokemon in the OU meta. Being able to set up rocks with near impunity was tempting to me, especially when Mega-Sableye is a large barrier to setting up and keeping any form of hazards. Rotom deals heavy damage to Heatran and can cripple Mega Scizor, Adamant Bisharp, and Ferrothorn, while Rotom likes Clef for being able to handle relatively strong special attacks like Psyshock from Latios.

The first member of the wrecking crew. I chose Diggersby in particular because Crawdaunt was considered to be a threat and I was wondering why Diggersby was not getting the same reception. With an absolutely ridiculous Attack stat when combined with huge power, priority in Quick Attack, two excellent STABs to work with, and coverage to deal with what it normally wouldn't be able to, I figured I would give Diggersby a shot. Between Clef using Knock Off to remove Lefties from mons like Zapdos, Skarm, opposing Clefable, and more with a small amount of chip damage every switchin, Diggersby can tear through anything slower than it. Tack on a burn from Rotom, and Diggersby finds itself easing itself through Steels like it was nothing and providing heavy damage for when the other two members of the wrecking crew want to sweep. This especially helps...

The second member of the wrecking crew, Kyurem-Black! With a monstrous 170 attack, a decent speed tier, and immensely powerful Dragon STAB right out of the gate, it was only natural that I paired up these two monsters. Diggersby weakens the steels and fairy types that Kyurem's main STAB just can't break through while Kyurem can help whittle down Skarm so Diggers can take it out with a Fire Punch. Clefable and Rotom-W help wear down other mons that may like switching into an Outrage such as Landorus-T, Slowbro, and Tangrowth. However, there were still some things that I just couldn't handle like Sand Rush Exca, losing the Scarf on Kyurem, or basically any physical wall.

Enter Mega Zam, the answer to what most of my offensive core struggles to break. I chose Mega-Alakazam because it is criminally underrated mon that tore through what my offensive core of Diggers and Kyurem failed to handle. With an astonishingly high 175 Sp.Attack, excellent 150 speed, and a movepool with perfect coverage, it was no doubt that Mega-Alakazam was the right choice for this team.

Finally, I decided to add Skarm as a way to improve the longevity of my defensive core. Not only can Skarm set up Spikes to help the wrecking crew out, but can also provide a way to deal chip damage to spinners, Lando-T, and Jirachi. It also takes on Weavile and Mega Lopunny, two mons that I would have trouble against if Zam wasn't mega.

The Team

The Ol' Switcheroo (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
While fast Rotom may seem to lose a lot of bulk by running 220 Speed, I needed a way to handle Offensive Scizor and Adamant Bisharp, who would otherwise be able to crush my team with their priority. This spread can still handle Talonflame well, but Mega Pinsir needs to be played around with caution as Rotom is the only reliable answer to both on this team. The standard set allows me to gain momentum with my defensive core and switch into the powerhouses of my team, inflict burn so the aforementioned mons are a non-issue and to help chip away at mons that my offensive core can break through, swamp Heatran, Lando-T, Sand Rush Exca and more with a semi-reliable STAB all while staying healthy if things get rough.

Fear me, mortals (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
Clef has been a savior in many of the games that I have played. Whether its preventing Excadrill and Lando from sweeping or preventing Heatran and Zapdos from getting that juicy 6% from Leftovers every turn, Clef has been a super valuable mon. Sneaky Pebbles are an excellent way of being able to win games just by setting up the first turn and prevent mons such as Volcarona and Thundurus from becoming too much of an issue. Knock Off was originally purposed to be able to wear down Heatran, but being able to Knock Off items such as Jirachi's Leftovers, Exca's Choice Scarf or Lefties and Rocky Helmet with no drawback was definitely more than I bargained for and is excellent in helping my offensive core sweep. The other two moves keep Clef healthy and deal consistent damage throughout the game. I switched the nature from Calm to Bold on this Clefable because it can switch into non-Zen Medicham and fire off a Moonblast which dents it a fair amount.
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable: 169-199 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

FREE REAL ESTATE (Diggersby) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
Diggersby is an incredibly powerful mon that definitely plays to the benefits of this team. Diggersby's main STABs alone can put an unbelievable amount of pressure on teams if it happens to get in, doing a very clean 79%-92% to CM+ Magic Guard Clef, which means even a Rotom Volt Switch can put Clef into KO range and give Kyu-B an easier time to clean up. It can also switch into a randomly fired Thunder Wave or Moonblast, only doing 43% on average which is always taken up at least twice by Diggers. It can also combat Zapdos well, doing 66%-78% on physically defensive variants while specially defensive variants fall after Clef Knocks its Lefties off, doing a ridiculous 82-96% to these variants. In this instance, Diggersby can waltz in on a Roost or a Discharge and start clicking Return. However, I opted to use Fire Punch to catch the likes of not only Skarm, but Scizor and Ferrothorn who are all eager to switch into an expected Return. Quick Attack is used to catch fast and frail mons like Thundurus and Lopunny and can help wear down mons if I need to sack it. Choice Band gives Diggers the immediate power necessary to threaten teams so well, while Jolly was used to outspeed the crowded 70 Speed tier alongside Mega Heracross after it has evolved.

BONJOUR MONSIEUR (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head/Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
The second powerhouse of this team, Kyurem provides the cleaning power after Diggersby dents some mons. This means that after any steel types are gone and fairies are weakened, Kyurem can come in and start to pick off Fairies such as Clef and then demolish with Outrage. The reason I chose to use Scarf instead of other variants is that I did not want to have to rely on Mega Alakazam alone to clean up a team. If Alakazam is fainted, I would have no answers for Specs Keldeo, Manaphy, Banded Terrakion, Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny, and some other mons that can normally outspeed Kyurem. This also catches people who lead off with their Zard hoping to pick up an early kill or set up thinking I'm going to switch out. I alternate between Iron Head and Dragon Claw, but I find Iron Head a bit more useful as it can pick off Gardevoir and Diancie if Skarm is worn down. Other than that, the other moves provide Kyurem with the coverage and power needed to clean teams. Kyurem needs to be played very conservatively as I have no way of removing hazards on this team.

WUBBA WUBBA (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
With Kyurem and Diggers pounding most of the meta with their high-powered moves, I added Mega-Zam to help with the notable exceptions. Mons like Slowbro, Phys Def Tangrowth, Quagsire, and Ferrothorn don't mind switching into most of the moves Kyurem and Diggersby can throw at them. Alakazam can not only put a huge dent in these mons, but can also handle faster mons such as Lopunny, Mane, and Keldeo that can't reliably be handled by any other members of this team. I utilize Substitute because Mega Alakazam can force A LOT of switches late game, and what better way to ease prediction and potentially win against Bisharp than Substitute? All of the other moves in this set help rock the walls that normally would wall other mons. Psychic handles Lop, Lando, and Clefable while being a very safe move to use, Focus Blast fries any Dark type planning to switch in and Shadow Ball provides perfect coverage alongside it while also hitting the Latis and other Zam for nice damage.

Batallion (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Taunt/Whirlwind
- Spikes
Now this set is a little bit out of the norm, but this flows quite well with my offensive core. I opted to go for Rocky Helmet on the Specially Defensive spread because I found that Skarm didn't quite need the extra recovery in dealing with Diancie and Garde and the chip damage I can deal to mons like Jirachi, Landorus, and Garchomp proved to be more valuable to the team than keeping Skarm alive in some instances. I also chose not to run Defog even though I have Kyurem because I found that I lost too much momentum by clearing away all my hazards and many teams usually carry a Defogger so I decided not to run it. Iron Head and Taunt allow Skarm to handle Clef and Zor that have already set up and prevent Ferrothorn from setting up too many layers of Spikes, however Whirlwind can be used to rack up hazard damage. Roost keeps Skarm healthy and Spikes are essential to whittle away at grounded switches.

Some Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-470030667- vs.Storm Zone. This replay emphasizes the importance of Knock Off Clef being able to take away Lefties, preventing Magnezone from becoming an issue. This also shows off Kyurem preventing a sweep by being able to outspeed a weakened M-Alt.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-473158764-vs. Lady Anne. This team was very easily worn down as soon as Seismitoad's and Slowbro's Lefties were knocked and Eviolite was knocked off of Chansey. Diggersby came in for free most times on Zapdos Roosting and was able to exert enough pressure on Slowbro alongside one free switchin to M-Zam to where she eventually had to switch into M-Zor as her Diggers answer, which was roasted by Fire Punch.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-476063493- vs. Jook. This team was a bit of a nuisance to deal with. CM Raikou had to be taken out with Outrage (which is why sometimes I prefer D-Claw) but other than this was a prime example of this team working against Medicham offense. The High Jump miss was unfortunate but I don't think it mattered in the end.

Conclusion

Thank you all for taking the time to read this! This is my first post here on Smogon and I'm eager to hear any advice I can in order to improve this team. Take this team out for a spin and wreck some homes.

The Ol' Switcheroo (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Fear me, mortals (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

FREE REAL ESTATE (Diggersby) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

BONJOUR MONSIEUR (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

WUBBA WUBBA (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Batallion (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Spikes

Hey man,
Really cool team you got going on, i like the mons you use, its quite unique and has a lot of good answers to some of the obvious counters.
However, upon speculation ive come to the conclusion that without one or two mons i.e if one or two mons are killed, this team can be susceptible to sweeps by particular mons or have a very hard time dealing with them.
Specifically:
Mega-Lopunny - ML hits like a truck and without clefable can OHKO or 2HKO pretty much everything on the team. Choice scarf kyurem is a good answer but again without it ML can run house so a way to counter that would maybe be putting BB on skarmory instead of iron head for example.

Chandelure - Chandelure is very problematic especially at +1 or if its LO. Chandelure can kill skarm, rotom, diggersby and Zam pretty easily however Zam is likely to outspeed it (unless its choice scarfed) and you can deal with it that way. However again, without Alakazam to take it down you made have a hard time dealing with it.

Finally Mega Charizard-Y - This is your main problem in my opinion. Mega charizard-Y with solar beam pretty much kills everything on your team except for kyurem. Rotom gets OHKO'd, Zam dies to a fire STAB, diggersby dies to SB, Skarm dies to fire STAB and clefable gets 2HKO'd. Therefore i would either swap out a mon specifically to counter mons that can do a similar job to mega-charizard-y namely chandelure for instance as your team is very easily countered by them.

However if you're just looking to have some fun with a sweet unique team, it looks really good :)

Hey man,
Really cool team you got going on, i like the mons you use, its quite unique and has a lot of good answers to some of the obvious counters.
However, upon speculation ive come to the conclusion that without one or two mons i.e if one or two mons are killed, this team can be susceptible to sweeps by particular mons or have a very hard time dealing with them.
Specifically:
Mega-Lopunny - ML hits like a truck and without clefable can OHKO or 2HKO pretty much everything on the team. Choice scarf kyurem is a good answer but again without it ML can run house so a way to counter that would maybe be putting BB on skarmory instead of iron head for example.

Chandelure - Chandelure is very problematic especially at +1 or if its LO. Chandelure can kill skarm, rotom, diggersby and Zam pretty easily however Zam is likely to outspeed it (unless its choice scarfed) and you can deal with it that way. However again, without Alakazam to take it down you made have a hard time dealing with it.

Finally Mega Charizard-Y - This is your main problem in my opinion. Mega charizard-Y with solar beam pretty much kills everything on your team except for kyurem. Rotom gets OHKO'd, Zam dies to a fire STAB, diggersby dies to SB, Skarm dies to fire STAB and clefable gets 2HKO'd. Therefore i would either swap out a mon specifically to counter mons that can do a similar job to mega-charizard-y namely chandelure for instance as your team is very easily countered by them.

However if you're just looking to have some fun with a sweet unique team, it looks really good :)
Hey there, thanks for taking a look at my team. To get into the mons you mentioned:
Mega Lopunny- This actually hasn't been as much of a problem as you would think.Assuming Clef is fainted and Alakazam is non-Mega, this is a situation that is rough but managable. Diggersby does 45-53% with just Quick Attack so this means if Lopunny switches into Rocks 3 times and dinks itself on Rocky Helmet twice then I have a solid chance of actually taking it out. Kyurem obviously threatens the OHKO with Outrage. Alaka is usually up and mega'd but Lopunny can sweep this team if I'm not cautious enough.

Chandelure- Admittedly, I have probably faced like, 1 Chandelure and it really didn't give me issues. The one time I did I was able to switch into Shadow Ball and Knock Off its Scarf, which allowed Alakazam to solidly pick up a KO after some switching around. Chandy only reaches 426 speed with a Scarf while Mega Zam is 438 so I'm able to safely outspeed and kill it. I imagine Sub+CM sets would be a pain in the rear but Clef is actually breaking its sub every time with Knock, so it should make that matchup a bit easier: 0- Atk Clefable Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 68-82 (26 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO.

Char-Y: Now this mon requires very very cautious play to beat. Usually what happens is that on Sun+Sand teams, people send out their Zard first for whatever reason only to eat a Fusion Bolt. Now if this isn't the case, this is where I would emphasize that playing safely with Kyurem is a NECESSITY. I can switch into Solarbeams just fine and force it out a couple of times but I need Exca gone so I can set up Rocks or Knocked so it can't spin as much as it wants to. Diggersby also does a fair amount with Quick Attack (252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 142-168 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO) so if I need to sack Diggers so Zard can fall to a Psychic then that is a price I just have to pay. In short, Kyurem can force it out and Diggers can sack itself so I can handle this beast easier, but Rocks help in dividends so making sure the spinner is gone is also essential. This mon is a major problem to the team regardless.

And yes, this is a damn fun team to use.

Any opinions on LO adamant Diggersby instead of CB jolly?I'm also pondering SD over fire punch,but i guess eliminating ferro,scizor and skarm is too enticing,especially with them being so big threats

Any opinions on LO adamant Diggersby instead of CB jolly?I'm also pondering SD over fire punch,but i guess eliminating ferro,scizor and skarm is too enticing,especially with them being so big threats
I have actually tried LO Diggers before I settled on Choice Band but I found with no hazard removal it was just worn down extremely quickly, and the pressure it could exert only happened to be less than if I could have a Band. Plus Band and Jolly have roughly the same damage output as Adamant LO. You just need to get used to what the opponent will switch out to the first time, usually a steel. If you can force them out again, chances are that's the only thing that can handle Diggers so you can roast it with Fire Punch. Thank you for looking at this team.

I have actually tried LO Diggers before I settled on Choice Band but I found with no hazard removal it was just worn down extremely quickly, and the pressure it could exert only happened to be less than if I could have a Band. Plus Band and Jolly have roughly the same damage output as Adamant LO. You just need to get used to what the opponent will switch out to the first time, usually a steel. If you can force them out again, chances are that's the only thing that can handle Diggers so you can roast it with Fire Punch. Thank you for looking at this team.
Thank you for the answer,also great and pretty unique team you got there,definitely gonna try it

hey man been playing with this team a bit and I really enjoy it, a lot of people are caught off guard by the speed investment diggersby has and mistake it for a scarf haha. I noticed that someone else mentioned that char y is a huge problem and I have noticed that myself. I'm mobile right now and didn't read your reply but I'll check it out in a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)