ORAS Doubles OU The song of death(Peaked #5 with 1794)

Favourite Gen??

• Total voters

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
The Song of Death
Hey smobros(get it n_n)... its geerat from showdown and today I bring you what will be my last RMT for ORAS. The thing is, I was introduced to competitive pokemon just after ORAS started and since then, boy I have come a long way. This is going to be my first RMT after a gap of almost 3 months, so I was really excited to present you this team, because tbh I really enjoy making RMTs. So, I decided to finish playing for this generation with the meta which started it all for me, Doubles OU. I don't know why, but I fucking love this meta maybe just because it brings memories about when I started playing, first ladder peak etc. I didn't want to ladder to the top though, as its really tedious to lose like 50 points if you lose a game due to hax or whatever and as far as the #1 guy goes, he was like 100 points ahead so that's that.(_/\_) I just wanted to build a moderately successful team to end this generation.
Well.. enough blabbering, let me give you a first look of the team.

Actually, I have never laddered with garda, and obviously it looks adorable so I decided to build one around this thing.

Recently, I have turned into a 70s music freak lol, so listen to this ::

So, as I told you, I wanted to build with garda and I went with tailwind garda over TR.

Now, as for tailwind, I wanted something bulky so zappy fit pretty well.

Due, to garda's physical bulk issues, for intimidate support lando just fit in perfectly

Volcanion was a way to deal with amoongus, and obviously a necessary fire type for the team, who isn't useless in rain match-ups.

Now, to get some insurance against mega-diancie and TR teams aegi was added.

Now, in the end to make my rain match-up a little better sub-kyurem was added, which deals with nuisances like rotom wash too.

Proof of Peak:
(Don't have the exact one, sorry about that)
(Also, about the GXE, I went through a lean and experimental patch before this team, so it's kinda low)
Untitled.png

Team :

Blastoise's girlfriend (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Taunt/Focus Blast
- Protect
All right, to start with we have one of the best megas in the meta, Mega-Gardevoir. I generally use TR teams in Doubles so I just wanted to get out of my comfort zone so I decided to make a simple Tail Wind one, no Tailroom or anything of that sort. Evs ensure you outspeed base 70s while living a jolly double-edge or adamant return from kangaskhan at -1. I wanted max-spl attack as this is supposed to be my nuke for the team and I will be either leaving it in tailwind or against slower mons only. Psychic is chosen over psyshock to 1hko Amoongus, but psyshock can be chosen to hit sylveon much harder. Taunt ensures garda puts up a lot of work against slower teams like TR ones or slower Tailwind teams. Not much to say, running focus blast is an option to KO kangaskhan and have a chance against heatrans but low accuracy just doesn't make it worth it in the long run and the sheer utility taunt provides is just better. Also, personally I never noticed this, but this thing has excellent special bulk and due most special attacks being spread attacks it lives many hits quite comfortably.

Blastoise's dog (Landorus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 144 HP / 132 Atk / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
So, next up we have AV Lando basically just for intimidate support lol. I earlier tried using scrafty to have a better match-up against bisharp but bish isn't that common and I really hated the fact how slow that thing was. So I immediately replaced it with this doubles staple. The set is pretty standard and AV actually allows it to function as a good defensive pivot and tbh I enjoy switching moves on my landorus if somehow I bluffed scarf in the match earlier. It also defeats char-y one on one in a pinch. As for the moves Earthquake is earthquake, not much to say, superpower does 60-70% on ferro which actually helps a lot and its a really safe move to start with. I generally prefer stone edge over Rock Slide as I it bypasses the most hideous move ever created "Wide Guard". Don't exactly remember what the EVs do, but they are pretty standard imo. Only important thing worth remembering is that they let lando out speed bulky char-y.

Blastoise's bird (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind
I earlier was using suicune as my tailwind user and heatran as my fire moves spammer, but that meant I was always in a disadvantage against volcanion, so I replaced Suicune with Zappy and surprisingly it has been working almost perfectly. Due to it having roost, Zappy actually loves rocky helmet to punish stuff like mega-kanga using static+helmet. Thunderbolt is the obligatory STAB, in the second slot both heat wave or HP Ice could be run, but HP ice is just there for coverage. Roost ensures its longevity and being really bulky and all, pulls up a tailwind pretty easily in most of the matches. 80+ special attack gives it a workable offensive presence, most importantly 1hkoing volcanion after a little chip damage and static is just annoying af.

Blastoise's buddy (Volcanion) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb/Fire Blast/Stone Edge/Earth Power
- Protect
Next up is...erm...no idea what this thing is supposed to be lol. I was seriously lacking an amoongus switch-in, though garda handles it pretty well. Volcanion is pretty cool though it does what standard fire mons do and doesn't get scared away by rain teams(though it doesn't do much back to them but still rain boosted steam eruptions hurts even resists pretty hard). Steam Eruption is so spammable, pretty good accuracy(check), high chance to burn(check), still hits hard(check). Heat Wave is just a spread STAB which always misses. Due to pretty good coverage and base power of first 2 slots, last slot is really flexible, sludge bomb hits fairies but most importantly azumarill but is generally useless. Fire Blast is my favorite option, though it doesn't give you any sort of coverage, it hits unsuspecting wide guard aegis and has a chance to 1hko it(albeit a small one). Stone Edge bops char-y and Earth power allows you to hit opposing volcanions but rest of the team has plenty of options to hit it super-effectively so its pretty redundant. Also EVs help you outspeed scarfed lando under tailwind.

Blastoise's servant (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 208 HP / 216 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard

- King's Shield
For a bulkiesh slow team like this aegi compresses so many roles in being a TR check, a wide guard user, a mega diancie check, a hyper voice and blizzard spam check etc. I earlier had conkellder but it was getting bopped continuously by single target attacks like moonblast from sylvi and psychic from opp. garda. You could go for goggles aegi too, weakness policy fits better as I handle amoongus pretty easily and at +2 and under tailwind, aegislash is scary af..
EVs help you outspeed thundy under tailwind and in general it out speeds lots of slow stuff like azumarill etc.It also allows it to live a sun boosted heatran heat wave. Shadow Ball+ Flash Cannon is impeccable coverage only missing out against Water/Dark mons. Wide Guard is just an excellent move which lets you play a lot of mind games with your opponent and King's Shield is pretty obvious.
As a whole aegi provides the team with lots of utility and answer to important threats.

Blastoise's daddy (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect
I've always maintained what I say, this thing is just OP. You see the most common problems these teams have is to decide the last mon. Seeing the sluggishness of the team, I wanted a scarf mon but at the same time, I wanted my rain match-up to be really good. So, I just went with the latter and since then I have found absolutely no reason to change it.This thing along with gardevoir deals with annoying stuff like rotom, zapdos etc. Gardevoir + kyurem have excellent synergy between themselves with kyurem destroying or subbing up against most of the switches garda forces. I was actually tempted to run fusion bolt + ice beam to utilize that massive attack stat and hit bulky waters hard, but on non-scarf kyurem it isn't that useful as its slower than most stuff it is supposed to hit with Fusion Bolt. You can see from the replays how much work it puts due to its sheer natural bulk and solid power.

Fun fact: When you use modest kyurem-b with no investment,you get an attack stat equivalent to base 105 adamant ?_? !!

Threatlist ::

:: I have AV lando and wide guard aegi but its still an iffy match-up.
:: Again just don't give it that +1 boost and you will be just fine, gardevoir easily survives a life orb adamant sucker punch and has a good chance to 1 shot in return.
-
:: Char-y and venu teams can be tough, but AV lando + volc usually beat them and this recent trend of slow char-y's actually helps this team a lot.
:: Calm Mind-Sub sylvi is annoying as most of my attackers are special attackers but thankfully due to it being mono attacker, all you have to do is spam wide guard against it.

Well, due to natural bulk of this team, you generally don't lose against something at preview and in return manage to hit back quite hard but just recklessly switching will cost you matches though.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-448284319 :: I was cornered earlier on, but zappy turns the match in my favour.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-448273727 :: Against a pretty standard team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-448067610 :: Taunt garda messes team up while kyurem wins late game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-448053369 :: Again garda + aegi shining, though he messed up his ferrothorn plays.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-448036838 :: Have to put this, I just played bad like really bad.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-448023509 :: Against a quality player, though unluckily his kyurem-b match-up was pretty bad.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-448014660 :: Playing against gengar is always tricky lol specially for a slow team like this one.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-447994128 :: Some TR gimmick.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-447974387 :: Another TR.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-447950368 :: Garda just single handedly beats another TR team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-447936693 :: lol hax I guess?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-447885897 :: Team effort lol
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-447876267 :: 5-0
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-447872781 :: ez life ez hax
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-446779735 :: An old version of the team.

Well, to end have you seen this beautiful dance ::
Thanks for reading this long RMT lol, see ya next generation!!

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Reserved

Importable ::
Blastoise's girlfriend (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Protect

Blastoise's dog (Landorus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 144 HP / 132 Atk / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Blastoise's bird (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Blastoise's buddy (Volcanion) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Blastoise's servant (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 208 HP / 216 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Blastoise's daddy (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Last edited:
Seeing how you always leave something for my RMT, expect me to say some things about yours. ;)

In all honestly, this team looks very standard, and is very similar to my own Gardevoir "Tail Room team" (minus Aegislash and Kyurem-B). The first thing I recommend is that you give your Mega Gardevoir these EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpA / 108 Spe. This spread gives your Mega Gardevoir a greater overall bulk, guaranteeing the capability to survive one Brave Bird from an un-Intimated Talonflame and one Sludge Bomb from Mega Gengar. In all honestly, that much investment in SPA is not needed; Modest Nature helps you put your EVs into better use. And usually, I would recommend using Trick Room with this set, but considering that you don't want that, Taunt is not bad either. However, Taunt alone is not good enough against a well-prepared Trick Room team; it's quite obvious that they will either Fake Out your Mega Gardevoir or use some sort of Redirection. (I'll talk about this more along the road.)

HEY, YOU STOLE MY AV LANDORUS SET! But I ain't mad at ya. Just give me the credit for it~ ;P Nevertheless, considering that you don't have an immediate threat to Aegislash, Stone Edge over Rock Slide ain't a bad change. So Happy! :)

For the matter of Volcanion, its Bulk is quite a worry. Attacks that usually doesn't OHKO Volcanion now have a high chance to OHKO it, and attacks that has a low/mid chance to OHKO it now have ensuring OHKO. Examples include Zapdos's Thunderbolt and Gastrondon's Earth Power (+1). I recommend using this set in response to the influence of TW~ EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 Spe. With 112 SPA investment, you still OHKO Landorus-T and Heatran as well as 2HKO'ing Mega Kangaskhan. By the way, you should definitely use Earth Power as mirror match ups are becoming more and more common; Sludge Bomb is unneeded since you already have Aegislash.

Now, Kyurem-B + Aegislash (Dragon's Best Friend) is an excellent core, but you still have the issue of facing against well-prepared Trick Room teams (as I stated earlier) as well as some ways to support your own TW. In addition, you got no real answer against Thundurus's T-wave; Kyurem-B & Landorus-T may be threatening, but that T-wave is still going to find its target, and not having your own Trick Room as back up will be a pain. As of result, having a Quick Guard and/or Fake Out user will be something to consider. Even though it pains me to say this, using Infernape rather than Volcanion or Scrafty rather than Landorus-T may grab your team more open and safer opportunities. Fun Fact: Scrafty learns Head Smash and Stone Edge.

Well, I wish you the best of luck. Always GG~

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room / Taunt (in your case)
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 208 HP / 112 SpA / 44 SpD / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect
- Earth Power

------------------------------------------------------------

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard

OR

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Quick Guard / Head Smash / Stone Edge
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Seeing how you always leave something for my RMT, expect me to say some things about yours. ;)

In all honestly, this team looks very standard, and is very similar to my own Gardevoir "Tail Room team" (minus Aegislash and Kyurem-B). The first thing I recommend is that you give your Mega Gardevoir these EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpA / 108 Spe. This spread gives your Mega Gardevoir a greater overall bulk, guaranteeing the capability to survive one Brave Bird from an un-Intimated Talonflame and one Sludge Bomb from Mega Gengar. In all honestly, that much investment in SPA is not needed; Modest Nature helps you put your EVs into better use. And usually, I would recommend using Trick Room with this set, but considering that you don't want that, Taunt is not bad either. However, Taunt alone is not good enough against a well-prepared Trick Room team; it's quite obvious that they will either Fake Out your Mega Gardevoir or use some sort of Redirection. (I'll talk about this more along the road.)

HEY, YOU STOLE MY AV LANDORUS SET! But I ain't mad at ya. Just give me the credit for it~ ;P Nevertheless, considering that you don't have an immediate threat to Aegislash, Stone Edge over Rock Slide ain't a bad change. So Happy! :)

For the matter of Volcanion, its Bulk is quite a worry. Attacks that usually doesn't OHKO Volcanion now have a high chance to OHKO it, and attacks that has a low/mid chance to OHKO it now have ensuring OHKO. Examples include Zapdos's Thunderbolt and Gastrondon's Earth Power (+1). I recommend using this set in response to the influence of TW~ EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 Spe. With 112 SPA investment, you still OHKO Landorus-T and Heatran as well as 2HKO'ing Mega Kangaskhan. By the way, you should definitely use Earth Power as mirror match ups are becoming more and more common; Sludge Bomb is unneeded since you already have Aegislash.

Now, Kyurem-B + Aegislash (Dragon's Best Friend) is an excellent core, but you still have the issue of facing against well-prepared Trick Room teams (as I stated earlier) as well as some ways to support your own TW. In addition, you got no real answer against Thundurus's T-wave; Kyurem-B & Landorus-T may be threatening, but that T-wave is still going to find its target, and not having your own Trick Room as back up will be a pain. As of result, having a Quick Guard and/or Fake Out user will be something to consider. Even though it pains me to say this, using Infernape rather than Volcanion or Scrafty rather than Landorus-T may grab your team more open and safer opportunities. Fun Fact: Scrafty learns Head Smash and Stone Edge.

Well, I wish you the best of luck. Always GG~

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room / Taunt (in your case)
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 208 HP / 112 SpA / 44 SpD / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect
- Earth Power

------------------------------------------------------------

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard

OR

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Quick Guard / Head Smash / Stone Edge
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
Yo man, tbh new set of EVs sound pretty good, I'll try them out. Yeah team is kinda standard though, as I didn't want to experiment much but I love using uncommon mons so I am ready for anything you throw at me :).
I understand the importance of quick guard, but I tried scrafty before and results were pretty bad, its damage output is so low and it has got a very slow fake out. I will try out nape but then my rain match-up becomes so bad, I guess I could try talonflame though if it works.

PS:: I was using that lando set before your RMT too ;). But it might have originated from you so if you want "Thank You".

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Interesting choices. here's my two cent. I find Taunt Gardevoir interesting. It is a better choice than Focus Blast. I also prefer Psyshock over Hyper Voice to damage Sylveon which is common in DOU. Why rocky helmet Zapdos though? Very few physical attackers even attack Zapdos, because of Static. I would run Weakness policy/Sitrus Berry or even Safety Goggles on it. Sitrus seems like a better choice on it. With tailwind, it can stay for longer. I strongly suggest you to run Amoonguss, as it helps against hard core TR teams. Redirection is always welcome.

Good luck with the team!

Sylveon.

I also prefer Psyshock over Hyper Voice to damage Sylveon which is common in DOU.
Good one ;).

Interesting choices. here's my two cent. I find Taunt Gardevoir interesting. It is a better choice than Focus Blast. I also prefer Psyshock over Hyper Voice to damage Sylveon which is common in DOU. Why rocky helmet Zapdos though? Very few physical attackers even attack Zapdos, because of Static. I would run Weakness policy/Sitrus Berry or even Safety Goggles on it. Sitrus seems like a better choice on it. With tailwind, it can stay for longer. I strongly suggest you to run Amoonguss, as it helps against hard core TR teams. Redirection is always welcome.

Good luck with the team!
Rocky Helmet is just to annoy kanga(fucking hate that thing), with it having roost it doesn't mind the loss of sitrus berry(I earlier had it).Yeah, redirection support is pretty nice, but amoongus over which mon?

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Good one ;).

Rocky Helmet is just to annoy kanga(fucking hate that thing), with it having roost it doesn't mind the loss of sitrus berry(I earlier had it).Yeah, redirection support is pretty nice, but amoongus over which mon?
I would say over zapdos, but then again, you need Tailwind. The problem would be solved if you run TR, but this is a tailwind team. How often do you struggle against TR?

Sylveon.

I would say over zapdos, but then again, you need Tailwind. The problem would be solved if you run TR, but this is a tailwind team. How often do you struggle against TR?
Not much tbh, even if they manage to get TR up, most of my team still outlive the TR turns(obviously it's annoying though).

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Then I suppose your team is fine as it is. Just fine tune it and finalise and you are good to go. And play lots more games with it. I feel like you struggle against other Tailwind teams, so maybe you need a faster Pokemon. Though about Thundurus over Zapdos?

Sylveon.

Then I suppose your team is fine as it is. Just fine tune it and finalise and you are good to go. And play lots more games with it. I feel like you struggle against other Tailwind teams, so maybe you need a faster Pokemon. Though about Thundurus over Zapdos?
Thundy over Zapdos takes away tailwind, thats the only reason for not running it(+zappy having roost and better bulk). Actually taunt Garda helps out a lot against other TW teams as it is generally faster than most TW users, yeah I'll post more replays if I catch a break.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Sup bro, I like the set of mons that you have here. It looks good enough in that it has answers to at least everything in the metagame. The thing that I see with your team is that you're really overreliant on Tailwind for your Speed; none of your Pokemon at least tie with max base 100s, meaning you can end up getting fucked up real bad by fast stuff. You mentioned it yourself, Mega Diancie is an iffy matchup, but also you'll probs have problems with other stuff like Mega Kangaskhan, ZardY, Terrak, even the odd Mega Metagross... this is because you don't have that fast safety net that can bail you out by directly threatening those kind of stuff. Some stuff on your team could do with some slightly more efficient spreads imo. On another note, you have some slashitis on some stuff; I personally don't like seeing them on RMTs since it's not like you can run them all at once lol, but yeah I'm gonna vouch for the ones you have first since they're the best ones you could have on there; for example, Taunt on MGard is hot for just general denial of set up like TR, and Sludge Bomb on Volcanion gives you another reliable out against Azumarill which looks dangerous for you, etc.

The one and only major change I suggest is to change Landorus-T's item to Choice Scarf. While it does look like a cop-out play, it helps you out more than AVest would. This is because it gives you the Speed safety net that you lacked like I said earlier, lightening your need for Tailwind. Basically, while it does seem redundant with Tailwind, it's useful in that it gives you the quick n' eazy speed, meaning you won't have to scramble with Zapdos just to outrun stuff. Your reliance on Zapdos would lessen, meaning it will get overloaded early less often and will be more freely playable against other stuff, making it more reliable in a sense.

Next, on the spreads. You can run your Mega Gardevoir with 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe, same nature. You still hit the same -1 Kanga stuff you mentioned earlier, but this spread also lets you reliably take a Life Orb Brave Bird from Talonflame while taking off as few EVs from SpA as possible. You can take some EVs off from SpA for your creep, maybe to hit 116 like your old one... that ones up to you. Another thing I'd like to suggest, though way not as strongly as the others, is just 8 Speed on Volcanion, putting the rest of the EVs to HP. The benchmark you're running, I feel, is a bit inefficient since you only take advantage of it when Tailwind is up, which is not always the case, and outside of Tailwind you don't outrun anything relevant between other than Rotom-W, something you can't fully beat anyway with Volcanion and would just prefer to smash with Gard and Kyu-B instead. I personally feel that the EVs would be better off just being placed on bulk instead, where they are in full effect regardless of the Speed; in Tailwind, you'll still outrun Offensive Thundurus and the 8 Speed is to just not tie with Aegislash, possibly even hiding Speed EV investment on it too.
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

ngl I think Stone Edge is hot too
GL :heart:

Yo man, tbh new set of EVs sound pretty good, I'll try them out. Yeah team is kinda standard though, as I didn't want to experiment much but I love using uncommon mons so I am ready for anything you throw at me :).
I understand the importance of quick guard, but I tried scrafty before and results were pretty bad, its damage output is so low and it has got a very slow fake out. I will try out nape but then my rain match-up becomes so bad, I guess I could try talonflame though if it works.

PS:: I was using that lando set before your RMT too ;). But it might have originated from you so if you want "Thank You".
Yes, that EV spread definitely originated from me. Been posting it and using it for a long time, even before my latest RMT.

Sylveon.

Sup bro, I like the set of mons that you have here. It looks good enough in that it has answers to at least everything in the metagame. The thing that I see with your team is that you're really overreliant on Tailwind for your Speed; none of your Pokemon at least tie with max base 100s, meaning you can end up getting fucked up real bad by fast stuff. You mentioned it yourself, Mega Diancie is an iffy matchup, but also you'll probs have problems with other stuff like Mega Kangaskhan, ZardY, Terrak, even the odd Mega Metagross... this is because you don't have that fast safety net that can bail you out by directly threatening those kind of stuff. Some stuff on your team could do with some slightly more efficient spreads imo. On another note, you have some slashitis on some stuff; I personally don't like seeing them on RMTs since it's not like you can run them all at once lol, but yeah I'm gonna vouch for the ones you have first since they're the best ones you could have on there; for example, Taunt on MGard is hot for just general denial of set up like TR, and Sludge Bomb on Volcanion gives you another reliable out against Azumarill which looks dangerous for you, etc.

The one and only major change I suggest is to change Landorus-T's item to Choice Scarf. While it does look like a cop-out play, it helps you out more than AVest would. This is because it gives you the Speed safety net that you lacked like I said earlier, lightening your need for Tailwind. Basically, while it does seem redundant with Tailwind, it's useful in that it gives you the quick n' eazy speed, meaning you won't have to scramble with Zapdos just to outrun stuff. Your reliance on Zapdos would lessen, meaning it will get overloaded early less often and will be more freely playable against other stuff, making it more reliable in a sense.

Next, on the spreads. You can run your Mega Gardevoir with 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe, same nature. You still hit the same -1 Kanga stuff you mentioned earlier, but this spread also lets you reliably take a Life Orb Brave Bird from Talonflame while taking off as few EVs from SpA as possible. You can take some EVs off from SpA for your creep, maybe to hit 116 like your old one... that ones up to you. Another thing I'd like to suggest, though way not as strongly as the others, is just 8 Speed on Volcanion, putting the rest of the EVs to HP. The benchmark you're running, I feel, is a bit inefficient since you only take advantage of it when Tailwind is up, which is not always the case, and outside of Tailwind you don't outrun anything relevant between other than Rotom-W, something you can't fully beat anyway with Volcanion and would just prefer to smash with Gard and Kyu-B instead. I personally feel that the EVs would be better off just being placed on bulk instead, where they are in full effect regardless of the Speed; in Tailwind, you'll still outrun Offensive Thundurus and the 8 Speed is to just not tie with Aegislash, possibly even hiding Speed EV investment on it too.
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

ngl I think Stone Edge is hot too
GL :heart:
Well, I got to say this, you picked up the exact problem for this team, though I prefer AV lando but I'll try out scarf one, just for some speed control.
As far as the EVs go, I am not that good about them, so yeah I'll happily accept the new ones lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)