Strategy & Metagame Top 5 Most Overrated RU Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The current RU ladder is plagued with people who are using mediocre (or even outright bad) Pokemon at the moment, the idea of this article is to point out these Pokemon, explain why they're bad, and show some better options to use over them. Pretty much the opposite of the last article i suggested, but i'd like to do this one in a slightly different style, possibly a countdown?

Ambipom, Hitmonchan, and Claydol are givens, i'd need suggestions for the other two, but i already have a few ideas :). Tyrantrum, Whimsicott, Jellicent, and Hitmontop could work for the earlier parts of the countdown.

User: magnemite has expressed interest in cowriting this if the concept gets approved.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
Tsunami: tired of seein all of these hitmonchan on the ladder
Tsunami: garbage

approved by shakeitup imo

you could probably limit the article to the top three overrated, since ambi, chan, and claydol are the main culprits. five seems like a nicer number though, and shake agreed that whims and jellicent are suboptimal.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
at the moment the other two mons are probably going to be jellicent and tyrantrum, jellicent at #5 and tyrantrum at #4, respectively.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think whimsicott is even that bad, agreeing with Tyrantrum and Jellicent as the last two if it even matters, lol

Molk

Godlike Usmash
article is a WIP right now, everything but hitmonchan is currently written. I'd also like to add that user: New Breed was really helpful and wrote tyrantrum, so if he could be given smog access/at least be credited that'd be really really nice.

Also, we might be switching the order of tyrantrum and jellicent

what looks best to you atomicllamas?

Jellicent at 5 and tyrantrum at 4

or tyrantrum at 5 and jelli at 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)