ORAS Doubles OU Trick Room team

Can I get y'all's opinion on my Doubles TR team? It's been working very well on Smogon Doubles.
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Recover
TR setter and a pretty good tank. I picked Ice beam over T-bolt for Dragon or Ground types, and Tri-attack for STAB. I was thinking of replacing Ice beam with T-bolt tho because of my weakness to Rain Teams.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Ancient Power
Super tanky and gives awesome coverage over grass, electric, flying, etc. Heat wave for double attacking, Earth power for STAB, Ancient Power for Flying types. Really good in a TR team cause it has 40 speed.

Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Gives me some decent coverage over

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
Tanky, pretty slow. HP Fire gives steel type coverage (and usually 1HKOs Scizor), Hyper voice for obvious reasons, protect for obvious reasons, and Shadow ball for Psychic/ghost coverage.

Kecleon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Ice Punch
A SERIOUS tank who should definitely see more play time. I usually start off with Porygon2 and Kecleon unless theres another Poke that would give Porygon more coverage so it can set up TR. Knock off for decent base power and item loss, rock slide for double coverage and flinch possibility, Ice punch for more coverage.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
Pretty good fit (at least, I feel it is) for my team and takes out Umbreons and Lucarios relatively well. Drain Punch for some recovery, Mach Punch for priority, Knock off for more coverage over Psychic, and Ice Punch cause I couldn't run Protect with Assault Vest.

So that's my team. Go easy on me, it's my first real TR team. Thanks!

While noting stand out to me as a glaring problem, may I suggest looking into M-Slowbro? I feel like he may be able to help cover a little better here or there.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Firstly, you don't have long enough descriptions for each team member, so the thread is likely to be locked by a mod. They should be at least 3 lines each. You might wanna read the How to make an RMT (REQUIRED READING) before posting.

Team Stuff:

You're pretty weak to amoonguss/tflame/taunt thundy, and it looks like you'll have trouble setting trick room, due to having only one reasonably killable setter. This is a pretty roundabout role shuffle, but it fixes the problem pretty nicely.

Replace Gastrodon with Jellicent: it's a second setter that keeps water type/water immunity, also less weak to taunt with Mental Herb. My spread survives pretty good benchmarks, but it can't deal with life orb bisharp.

Jellicent @ Mental Herb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpA / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Water Spout/Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Jellicent: 338-402 (83.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Jellicent: 338-400 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Replace Kecleon with Rhyperior: Rhyperior is a hard stop to most flying types, and has amazing bulk. It also keeps both ice punch and rock slide.

(From finally's Knights of the Sun)
Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Drill Run

Replace Conkeldurr with Hariyama: Hariyama replaces the fake out lost from Kecleon adds fake out, which aids in setting tr, while still keeping offensive presence with Guts+Flame Orb. Additionally, being burned makes you immune to Amoonguss spore.

(From Smogdex)
Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Protect/Ice Punch

For a first try, you've done amazing. Just be sure to lengthen your member descriptions. Have fun playing dubs!

Last edited:
Ok change poygon's evs to 252 hp 252 special attack camerupt is ok i guess, you could run hp ice or sub over ancient power but it's up to you. I would get rid of gastrodon and put a cresselia. Consider using choice specs over life orb on sylveon. On kecleon i would suggest using fake out to get trick room up easier and maybe mixing its moves up a bit. And lastly conkeldurr should probably be guts.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Recover

Cresselia (F) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Moonblast/hp fighting
- Trick Room

I didn't really know what to do with cress so I asked shit mod qsns and he suggested expert belt.( I made the evs better ofc) 236 hp and 12 defense lets it live a knock off from bisharp and 252 special attack evs with ebelt lets it hit as hard as possible.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This hp/defense investment lets it live a bullet punch from regular scizor 100% of the time and mega scizor's bullet punch only kills 6.3% of the time.

Kecleon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Rock Slide
- Feint
- Knock Off

Edit: paint u meanie

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sup dude, it's a pretty concrete team, but I think an easy way to make this team significantly better at achieving it's primary role (a clean way to get Mega Camerupt rolling) is to introduce a manual weather condition option for it. This benefits the team in 2 ways, 1) it helps alleviate the immediate threat of Rain offense from beating you, and 2) it increases the offensive pressure of the team drastically under Trick Room, maximizing the potency of the turns you have:

1. Porygon2: Instead of swapping out Ice Beam for Thunderbolt, I suggest swapping out Tri-Attack for Thunderbolt. The main advantage is that, 1) Normal stab is pretty useless coming off of Porygon2's mediocre SpA, and 2) Bolt-Beam coverage is far more valuable to your team. Or another suggestion, which I think would be a pretty cool idea for your team is to run Sunny Day instead of Tri-Attack. It clashes a bit with Gastrodon, but it pairs magnificently with Camerupt which should be the pivotal focus of the team. The last suggestion I have for Porygon2 is to switch the EV spread on it; a spread of 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD Sassy Nature provides all the bulk it needs, allowing it to live a Close Combat from a Life Orb Terrakion, and always OHKO 4 HP / 0 SpD Shaymin-S with Ice Beam.

2. Gastrodon: I understand the natural synergy between Camerupt and Gastrodon, as well as the benefit of having a Water type immunity (which the above users suggested), however I think an interesting idea would be to opt for Trevenant instead of Gastrodon. It's a little unorthodox, but I think having a concrete way of beating Water types is a much better idea than an immunity. Here's a cool Trevenant set I like to use now and then:

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 236 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 212 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect / Sunny Day
- Trick Room

The EV's let is always OHKO standard Rotom-W with Wood Hammer, and the HP + SpD investment always lives a Timid Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse, with the rest thrown into Def. It works really well with manual sun as well, since the EV's hit a Sitrus number (divisible by 2), so this thing can go from 80% down to 15% then back up to 60% all in the space of one turn, which makes it pretty cool to play around with. The move choices are basic, Wood Hammer for offense, nabbing the OHKO on 252 / 0 Rotom-W, and it does solid damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Will-O-Wisp is used to cripple opposing physical attackers, and is just a useful move to have in general. The slash between Protect / Sunny Day could very well be Trick Room / Sunny Day, and depends on the build of the rest of the team.

3. Sylveon: Perhaps I'm just biased, but I think you should just use a conventional Choice Specs Sylveon. But if you do want to go the route of Life Orb Sylveon, I recommend an EV spread of 192 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD Quiet Nature, which always lets it live a Jolly Kangaskhan Return (which 252 HP alone doesn't do), hits a Life Orb number (n10-1, which is a pretentious way of saying "ends with 9"), and is pretty much the highest Life Orb number you can get which you can EV to always live that Kanga Return, the remaining 8 EVs were just thrown into SpD. It also always lives an Adamant Mega Scizors Bullet Punch, since you use HP Fire to beat Scizor.

4. Kecleon: Reiterating the above point about adding a Flying type counter, though an Intimidate user could work here as well. Some good options to look at are Rhydon / Rhyperior, Hitmontop (Fake Out + Wide Guard is nifty), Scrafty (a bit outclassed in regards to Intimidate support in ORAS), Landorus-T is a good option, though you would have to transition to a Semi-Room build to use it better, and Gyarados (though that would transition the team pretty are away from it's original composition).

On another note, another idea would be to use Rotom-W instead. Right now the team is a bit weak to Talonflame, as Conkeldurr and Sylveon are vulnerable to it, and it can pick off most of the team from 50%- both in and out of Trick Room. Rotom-W helps this by being one of the better counters to Talonflame, and also gives you a counter to Landorus-T, Heatran, and checks Terrakion, Keldeo, and Diancie well.

5. Conkeldurr: Assault Vest Conkeldurr is a really cool set, however the spread you're using isn't entirely effective at fulfilling the role of an Assault Vest user. I recommend using a more bulky spread with reduced Attack, as Conkeldurr has the bulk to be able to attack repeatedly, and is best used to put opposing Pokemon in KO range of the rest of your team. I recommend trying this spread for Conkeldurr:

EVs: 76 HP / 168 Atk / 124 Def / 140 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Similar to a set made by Laga, though slightly less bulky on the special end (timid CharY has like a 3.4% higher chance to 2HKO, but fr the actual chance to 2hko is 3.9% so it's incredibly unlikely), it makes up for it by once again maximizing the HP recovery from Drain Punch. It also guarantees you'll live a LO Latios's Psyshock, and has a 56.3% chance to OHKO with Knock Off, and a guaranteed OHKO if you account for Life Orb recoil. The reason Guts is used is because it allows you to absorb Will-O-Wisps for a 50% boost to all your attacks, as opposed to just the 20% boost to punching moves that Iron Fist provides. This also gives you a cool option to hit it with your own Will-O-Wisps, if you decide to run a Will-O-Wisp user.

Overall, it's an interesting team, but I think a few creative touches could really help it flourish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)