SM RU Trickroom with the Camel

I normally play doubles or ou most of the time, but both tiers have become really boring as of late, so I've decided to have a go at some of the lower tiers. From the get-go I wanted to use a team that had a basic strategy and hard hitters to help me ladder fast and get to know the tier. There were two things that came to mind, weather, or Trickroom. I eventually settled on a trickroom team because I've built a couple in the tiers above and felt comfortable using it.

Now lets get to the team:
1519032492576.png

The team is supposed to be extremely offensive so all I have to do is set trick room and click attacks to win, so to keep momentum in my favour I felt a suicide lead was necessary. Previously I've used Uxie as the suicide setter but I've decided to move away from it in favour of carbink. This is because carbink has access to sturdy and can hold a mental herb. This provides the most reliable trick room setter in the tier. It also has access to stealth rock to get that chip damage and explosion to bring in a threat safely as soon as possible. The last move can either be magic coat to bounce back hazards, status, taunt ect but toxic on bulky lead pokemon provides alot of support for the team, but as you'll see I've go plenty of toxic users.
1519374478244.png

Next I needed a trickroom abuser, for this roll I decided that araquanid fitted the position well. With choice band and water bubble it hits like a truck and is extremely hard. Liquidation is araquanids strongest water type move and leech life provides recovery. Toxic wears down walls like milotic. The last move can really be anything, the only button I click is liquidation anyways.
1519032230332.png

After that I thought I needed a mid-late game setter. I'm quite lucky that the best setter in the game is down in this teir though, so cresselia was an easy pick. I'm running a standard defensive set with leftovers, because the recovery helps alot and taunters aren't normally a problem in the mid game. Psychic is the offensive move of choice but it's only there because I couldn't find anything else to go there. Moonlight gives cresselia recovery and lunar dance brings back a weakened team mate.
1519033578412.png

So far I had a physical abuser, so I thought a special power house would be very fitting. The best mon I found to fit this roll was of course the star of the show,
MEGA CAMERUPT!! Mega camerupt hits like a truck and also has great coverage. Dual stab hits basically everything but hpi hits anything that resists them like gligar or flygon. Toxic is there to wear down walls ins like umbreon and porygon 2.
1519032218261.png

So I knew I would need another trickroom setter, because even cresselia has bad match ups. I decided it would need to be pretty offensive so that I didn't lose too much momentum everytime I tried to set trickroom. In a UU post, a while ago, a rater suggested z-move aromatisse for that trickroom team. I feel that it fits this team even more and provides the team with a set-up sweeper wincon. Aromatisse also has good type synergy with cresselia, resisting bug and dark.
1519032261177.png

So lately in the lower tiers of gen 7 guts users like heracross and conkeldurr have been banned from their tiers because of their sheer power and burn damage reduction. I thought that one of them would make a great trickroom abuser, and that's when I put machamp on the team. CC kills most things that don't resist and knock off hits ghosts. Facade has a high base power allowing me to hit things cc doesn't. The last slot is just filler so I chose eq to hit doublade hard after knock off.

1519032504476.png
1519032192716.png1519032230332.png1519032261177.png
1519033584241.png
1519032295052.png

So thats the team. It plays pretty well, but I would like to know how to optimise the team for the meta, and patch any obvious holes. I would love any feed back on my team, so thank you in advanced!

Here's the import:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Earthquake

Aromatisse @ Fairium Z
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Explosion

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Attachments

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
Hiya!
Personally I think packing another sweeper + setter would be a better usage of your Z Crystal. As such, I'd drop Aromatisse for Cofagrigus. Standard Ghostium set, but I'll drop it below in case you need it. Since your TR turns are limited, you can't really make too much use out of Toxic on your Pokemon so I'd recommend at least changing to Rock Slide for the rare Moltres you'll run into on Camel; not quite sure on what to sub out for it on Araquanid as I don't use the mon *too* much, but possibly Poison Jab for Chesnaught so it can setup its own sweep. Anyways, cool squad and hopefully I helped you out a bit :).

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)