Strategy & Metagame Turtles in NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to write an article about the various Pokemon in NU based off turtles, and how to use each one of them successfully in NU. The ones I will be talking about are:
Carracosta
Torterra
Torkoal
Wartortle
Magcargo
Lapras
Shuckle (honorable mention for being a sort of turtle)

I'll talk about how good each one is in NU, how to use them, and also talk about their qualities as a turtle.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As much as I'd love to see Magcargo mentioned, I have large difficulties seeing it as a turtle. Lapras is already pushing it, but a mobile blob of lava with a hardened crust? The line needs to be drawn somewhere. If anything, Shelgon might fit the bill better.

Otherwise I feel I have no reason to disapprove this. Always neat to see articles bringing up underdogs in the tier (except Carracosta in this example).

Ok thanks Bummer. You're right about Magcargo, I'm honestly not sure what I was thinking when I put him on the list. He is quite clearly a snail. I'll also consider putting Shelgon in.

Thanks again.

Edit: I'm thinking of doing the first 4 as the main ones, then shorter paragraphs for Shuckle, Shelgon and Lapras, as honorable mentions for nearly being turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)