NOC Two Mafias Mafia - Won by The Pack

hahaha I’m so bad at mafia. I want that day 2 vote back so bad

I don’t really understand why the end game was played like that but I’m sure I’ll figure it out when I read back

Look I'll raise my hand up and say, yeah my bad team. I'm the worst guy to be stuck in some of these spots because people lying about roles or actions I find extremely suspect so it's hard for me to move off some of these positions because, in my eyes, you lose so much credibility doing stuff like that if you have no good reason for doing so. I spent a lot of time thinking about the day 3 vote and I have to admit, I didn't even consider the possibility of IPL lying for the sake of his role. Idk, I think it's a bad lie given the scenario, but in hindsight I reckon I probably should've been more clear and left more time for that scenario (but again I didn't even think about that possibility). I'd like to think I would've moved off my vote. this seems to happen to have happened multiple times this year so maybe I just have to accept and start thinking that people lying over random things is actually town behavior...

this is all especially a bummer because psy was alive for >1 day and he's a great guy to play with. sigh.

idk, I don't really understand the end game strategy by the mafs here but yea. Like why would you play for a kingmaker situation/coinflip instead of killing mafia and trying to win? Maybe it's just why multifaction sux but surely you have to go for it? Why kill neon over realiti?

our team was extraordinarily weak honestly. JK is really good (and I wish zippy just claimed - I was ambivalent voting him and would've moved off had he just claimed) but we got pretty unlucky on that vote. we pretty much have no agency and our only access to coming back is a 2x vig that half the time is a non-factor and rogue which just kind sucks. Maybe it's punishment for trying to mass claim. it's w/e I was pretty ass this game so no complaints from me...

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
My plan was to win the lynch against the more obvious realiti mafia and then say I tracked Celever killing because I was just that certain of my reads. I fake claimed tracker too because that was how certain I was that my reads were good, I wanted a more convincing reason why to lynch them. However I haven't played mafia for 5+ years and my "failed results" didn't look good. Even with that though I still stand by my claim that paranoid gun owner with bpv is way more overpowered than tracker + bpv. There were no town investigative roles so there was literally no direct counterclaim to me. Realiti was extremely shady with refusal to claim even on mylo day so he should have been lynched first.

Jalmont the big issue I think is that you suddenly ambush voted me with like 3 minutes to go at deadline and I couldn't adequately defend myself. Ambush voting is something that scum should be doing, not town. I also claimed rogue last minute to defend myself but purposely did not link or explain beyond that because I thought as a veteran old player you would recognize the smogon variant of rogue that I was. However, for newer players who don't know smogon mafia rogue shows up on google first result as a town traitor who converts upon being killed. I wanted to lure them to kill me so that I could activate rogue ability. I put some trust in you there but alas you never moved your vote off me. It is what it is, I still had fun.

I think I played reasonably well overall for my role, claiming tracker to lure scum onto me (and AG confirms that I almost activated my rogue ability until realiti changed his mind even) and could have succeeded in leading village down the right path if I had a better result claim. I didn't want to claim tracker results framing Celever yet because I didn't trust this village to do the right thing and that is indeed what happened. Still, I was the first town (I believe?) to have the completely accurate read on the remaining scum so there's that.

Yeah when I was reading I didn't think you were lying IPL, I thought tracker+BPV was a legitimately natural town role given the rest of the revealed setup, and the push on it was so forced. I almost forgot about the old rogue roles and if you had claimed that I might have thought that was a lie like something a veteran had come up with if they hadn't read the games in the last year and were searching for a fakeclaim. Good on you for bringing it back, AG but imo it was unpopular for a reason. It's a weak role that gives a random low power townie something to do to fit in and do something at night that's trackable but it's more at home in an OC game than NOC. Though I guess in NOC there's more soul reading like we almost had here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)