SS Ubers Ubers semi stall team

I'm back back back again with a team that I've had a lot of fun with recently and I used it in the current suspect to get 27-3 with 84.5% GXE. As the title says its a semi stall with the only real offensive threat being scarf kyogre which means I struggle a bit against opposing eternatus, ferrothorn and substitute zygarde-c. Although the team is mostly defensive, kyogre doesnt usually sweep weakened teams since everyone can deal some nice damage and chip. Now onto the sets themselves

:kyogre: :amoonguss: :yveltal: :zygarde complete: :necrozma dusk mane: :ditto:

:kyogre:
Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse
As previously mentioned, the most powerful offensive pokemon of this team. Not much to talk about here, just a standard scarf ogre with a timid nature to outspeed zacian and calyrex, water spout for ridiculous damage, origin pulse for when its health is lower, ice beam and thunder for coverage. A very common threat most teams prepare for but not as common as calyrex or the soon to maybe being banned zacian.

:amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Grass Knot
- Foul Play
- Sludge Bomb
This might seem a bit unorthodox but believe when I say this UU pokemon fits so well with the team. With regenerator, assault vest and max spdef evs they become one of the best checks to kyogre and xerneas, specially their most common variants, scarfogre and geoxern. Grass knot is a clean 2HKO on the former while clear smog removes the boosts from the latter, making both of them much more manageable, while only being 3HKOed by water spout, ice beam or moonblast. Foul play can dent a lot of physical attackers or calyrex shadow that try to switch in and sludge bomb has a nasty 30% poison chance while also 3HKOing unboosted xerneas, courtesy of clear smog. I picked them over ferrothorn to better deal with eternatus and absorb toxic spikes and over eternatus to better deal with xerneas.

:yveltal:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
Specially defensive yveltal, a necessary pokemon in most teams to keep calyrex shadow in check while also being one of the best defoggers in the tier. Roost is mandatory to stay healthy and its better than oblivion wing on defensive sets, knock off is a very safe damage dealer with a powerful side effect without any z-crystals, mega stones or arceus plates to prevent it. U-turn eases prediction and can bring in safely kyogre or ditto to pressure the opponent. Against eternatus I can keep switching between yveltal and amoonguss to pp stall a pressure user, chipping away with knock off and foul play every once in a while until it gets in range of kyogres ice beam.

:zygarde complete:
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze
- Rest
- Toxic
Another unorthodox set, but physdef zygarde with haze is sadly my best pokemon against substitute zygarde and most other physical attackers necrozma cant deal with, including sacred fire ho-oh. Rest keeps it healthy at the cost of a lot of momentum, but it does heal it from status, making zygarde the best status absorber for the team. Thousand arrows is the only attacking move of the set but it doesnt deal a lot of damage uninvested, which is fine because it deals super effective damage against poison and steel types imune to toxic.

:necrozma dusk mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off
- Morning Sun
My primary physical wall and the best check to zacian, but in case they get banned I will swap rocky helmet for leftovers. My lead in over half the games I play, stealth rock is there for obvious reasons and knock off is there to remove items, most importantly heavy duty boots to let SR chip even more while also having the benefit of OHKOing calyrex shadow with a good predict, which almost never happens because neither necrozma or calyrex want to switch into each other. Morning sun is also there for obvious reasons and sunsteel strike deals some good damage that would otherwise be lacking for the set and the team.

:ditto:
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform
Classic ditto set for doing what ditto does best, reverse sweeping. Min speed to outslow opposing ditto and win the transform war, either transforming into the opponents switch in or pp stalling the 5 pp from a transformed ditto. Not much else to really talk about.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Grass Knot
- Foul Play
- Sludge Bomb

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze
- Rest
- Toxic

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off
- Morning Sun

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

hmm..I thought maybe it's hard to deal with toxic Eternatus lol.So I use a calm mind ogre,because ditto can outspeed Zacian and and calyrex as well.What do you think of my idea?
Im not really a fan of cm ogre because of some reasons
1. The scarf set exerts more immediate pressure
2. There are better setup sweepers like geoxern
3. There is a lot of counterplay for setup sweepers in ubers and you dont want to be slower than marshadow after you setup

But if you feel more comfortable with this, go for it. I just dont think thats a change I would make for my team

How do you deal with a well built Zacian team?
I dont know exactly what you mean by that, but ditto and kyogre are offensive checks, necrozma is a defensive check and zygarde checks variants lacking play rough. Anyway this isnt that relevant since things arent looking good for zacian in the suspect

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Sorry for being late to the party, but I'll rate this team in the context of a post Zacian-Crowned ban, so you can keep using the team if a ban occurs!

A couple observations of your team before I give suggestions so you can get an idea of where I'm going:
  • You have no real Eternatus switch-in and no way to reliably KO it on the team. Losing health on Ogre (which is Scarf and loves Water Spout power) is a bad idea and doesn't even 2HKO it from full. Amoonguss gets PP Stalled either fishing for a burn, getting free Toxic Spikes, or managing a free switch to something else because you are not running Spore. Having Ditto sort of makes it harder to realize how dangerous offense becomes against you.
  • Substitute sweepers (Zygarde, Zekrom, etc.) win almost on matchup and will go for it on sleeping Zygarde or Amoonguss
  • Gothitelle beats Amoonguss, NDM, and Zygarde (by Charm'ing to -6 Attack and getting a free switch to a breaker), and your team is a "thin sheet" for checking mons, i.e. if you lose a check to something, you seem to completely bank on Ditto
  • No physical attacking presence, best we currently have is uninvested Knock Off
  • Very passive for the most part, forces you to be risky with Kyogre right now

Therefore, I'll suggest the following in the spirit of keeping the original mons as best as possible:
Blissey > Amoongus is a great way to solve the problem of Eternatus, Kyogre, and Xerneas in a single slot. The set of

Blissey (F) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Confide
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy / Skill Swap

is designed to be a more reliable switch-in to special attackers, with either a cleric for Rest Zygarde or having Skill Swap to avoid the Gothitelle trap. If Gothitelle is banned, then Shadow Ball > Seismic Toss can definitely be considered.

But this weakens our Zekrom matchup by a lot, so the next suggestion is Earthquake > Knock Off on NDM so our main switch-in does better against it. We already have one Knock Off user, so this should be fine.

A better fix to the Marshadow / Zekrom weakness would be Xerneas > Ditto. If we try

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 188 Def / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder / Focus Blast
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy / Substitute

we get a one-time +1 Marshadow/Zekrom and 2-3 times of Zygarde switch-in that threatens a sweep and can backup as the cleric if Blissey is not. The EVs allow Xerneas to outspeed max neutral nature Regieleki at +2. If you prefer Substitute, fix the HP EVs to reach 404 HP and do Focus Blast over Thunder to beat Blissey. I personally think Focus Blast + Substitute is best because it'll help against Ferrothorn.

But we finish off by acknowledging a weak Groudon matchup. Since we have a Blissey, we can fit Yveltal's moveset to be now fast Foul Play over U-Turn, and then Zygarde as fast Coil > Haze, where you can consider Substitute > Rest. Both of these mons now hit 308 speed for max speed base 90s that max out at 306.

Here's the final product: https://pokepast.es/7d38272c993144d0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)