ORAS Ubers Ubers Stall First RMT

Introduction

Hey this is my first RMT and I decided to make this because this is one of the few teams I've made that doesn't bore me to play with anymore. That and I'd like to be able to say I did something this generation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ With less awful internet access I could probably get this thing to 1750 or higher, but waay to many forfeits due to connection timeout for that to happen.

The Team

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out

Mega-Sableye is the first of the three vertebrae that comprise the backbone of this team. Nearly always used as the lead, he either goes for fake out if facing a special attacker, will-o-wisp if facing a physical attacker and if the other team does not have P-Don, or foul play if the other team does have P-Don. Although its primary job is keeping hazards off the field for you, he also functions as an effective check against extreme killer Arceus and (if brought in with a good predict) most other SD/DD users not named P-Don. It also hard stops one of the biggest menaces to stall in the tier, Attack Deoxys. Although P-don is an enormous pain for it to face, when used well in conjunction with Lugia it is rarely a problem. Which leads me to....

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

The second vertebrae of the team's backbone, Lugia is the primary physical wall of the team as well as phazer and one of the ways to check P-Don. Overall it is a very standard set, but if it isn't broken, I don't want to try and fix it. Roost is used to maintain multiscale, whirlwind to phaze, toxic to counter stall other Lugia, and ice beam to hit refresh M-Salamence as well as to catch P-Don and Xerneas on the switch. Or just about any other threat that is predicted to come in.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

Blissey is the third vertebrae of the team's spine, checking or countering every special attacker not named calm mind Primal Kyogre. Heal bell was run over toxic due to a gross oversight that I initially made: I had no way of healing status from my team. Generally used to soak up special attacks, fire off a wish or a heal bell, then run to the hills. Protect doubly allows it to accumulate passive damage from a teammates toxic or to heal with leftovers. Additionally, it also can allow it to scout. The lack of a shed shell can be problematic as it lets it be trapped and rendered useless by M-Gengar but if played right this can actually be an advantage by being a lure to take advantage of a double switch.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
The backbone of this team can wall n' stall most of the offensive threats in Ubers, but has some serious trouble with Xerneas, Primal Kyorge, and M-Diancie. That's where the King of ORAS Ubers comes in. Nearly every good Ubers team needs a P-Don, and this team is no different. Here, P-Don is used as a defensive Stealth Rock setter, status spreader, and a check to threatening Fairies. Roar or T-Wave usually are better on these sorts of sets, but Toxic is preferred here due to Blissey having to forgo it for Heal Bell.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Honestly, I don't like Ferro on this team all that much, but every time I try to show him the door, I regret it. Primarily a secondary Primal Kyorgre, Xerneas, and Mega Diancie check, Ferro also functions as a much needed answer to Extreme Killer Arceus and forms an ok hazard stacking core with P-Don and Mega Sableye. Gyro Ball is used over Powerwhip because Ferro is more often used to check Xerneas and Diance than it is to check Kyogre, and Ferro also is still able to check Kyogre and stall it with Leach Seed if Kyogre has received some prior damage. He also can be used to wound Mega Salamence if he isn't needed to check any of the opponents other mons.

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
Probably the least useful and least used member of the team, Dragon Arceus is the teams Defogger and secondary answer to Mega-Gengar, Mega-Salamence, P-Don, and can be used to threaten Rayquaza, Kyurem-W, Giratina-O, and Zekrom. Toxic is used over coverage because it always seems to be in a position where hitting Xerneas on the switch with a Toxic is more beneficial than carrying an extra attack. Other Arceus forms were vetted and tested (specifically Water, Fairy, Dark, and Ghost) but all of them tended to be dead weight even more often than Dragon so here he is, king of the universe, and this team's bench.

Threatlist

Many of the threats on this list can be played around with good prediction and are usually beaten, but they always seem to be lucky breaks when I do contain them.

Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo Y are both a problem due to one single move: Psystrike. With Psystrike, my otherwise impenetrable special wall of Blissey is rendered useless. Most often, Mewtwo has to be handled with aggressive switching with M-Sableye and Blissey to gradually pick it off with Seismic Toss, Fake Out, Foul Play, and Burn Damage. Lugia can also help with phazing Calm Mind variants but otherwise doesn't do much with them.

Yvetal. This black bird of terror harasses my team on a regular basis but I don't think that one has ever been the reason for a loss. The biggest reason tends to be that it just seems to have a tool for every one of my mons. Knock Off dispatches Blissey, Dark Pulse eats away M-Sableye, Oblivion Wing counter stalls Ferro's leach seed damage. Its just a mess to handle.

More of an irritant than a bonafide threat, Choice Banded Ho-Oh can catch me by surprise sometimes and make me have to play catch up when it blows through Dragon Arceus and P-Don due to bad switches.

Easily the most dangerous threat to this team, Mega Gengar requires an extreme amount of caution to play around. P-Don and/or Dragon Arceus can sometimes overwhelm it, but oftentimes it takes at least one mon down without too much effort.

Honorable Mentions (the sometimes a pain but not that bad): Xerneas, Lum Berry Extreme Killer Arceus, Primal-Kyogre, Refresh M-Salamence, Tyranitar/M-Tyranitar, and Giratina-O, Gothitelle

Conclusion

Overall I am pretty happy with this team, but finding a suitable replacement for Dragon Arceus and maybe Ferrothorn would be nice. Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Last edited:
hi modern great team there. there r a few things which I would like to recommend. i'm not free atm, so give me a few days. i'll cover ur threats as well as make a few changes to make it better.

While I'm not going to be able to a full rate due my knowledge of Ubers being sub-par, I would say that without a doubt, if you really are adamant on not using a shed shell on Blissey as M-Gengar isn't that prevalent, then just use Chansey. With an eviolite it makes it so much bulkier even considering the extra healing from the Leftovers.

Also, not sure what Arceus Dragon really does for your team, just use Arceus Fairy as it deals with all of the threats you mentioned better than Dragon does besides P-Don I guess for whom you have Lugia anyway. But it also can deal with Mewtwo and Yveltal significantly better

Right i'm back. Sorry for the delay. as I said before ur team is really good. But the changes I would like to make r as follows:
I don't know exactly how pdon fits into ur team. I understand what u mean by "Nearly every good Ubers team needs a P-Don, and this team is no different", but since this is a stall team, i'm not really happy with that statement. ferro can take care of those pokemon which pdon can take care of(xerneas, pogre, etc.). so I would say u give ferro power whip>spikes to take care of kyogre too. xerneas, u already have gyro ball, so that's fine.
Now in place of pdon, I would keep foul play yveltal. this helps u to counter things like mewtwo and gengar, not to forget ekiller arceus. this is the moveset:

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature

- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch/toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

u decide whether u want to keep toxic or sucker punch (sucker punch is actually to ohko gengar, but since this is a stall team, I would say keep toxic). taunt is for those pokemon like lugia or sableye in other stall teams.

now due to that change, u r missing a stealth rocker. that's where arceus rock comes into the picture. replace rock>dragon with this moveset:

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Modest Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Defog
- Earth Power

this pokemon takes care of those annoying flying types, and covers the same threats that dragon covers too, maybe a bit more. it's defensive so that it can takes hits from things like pdon. earth power is an additional move, but that too can be coverted to will-o-wisp, for physical attackers.

that's all I have to say. this may make ur team a biiiiit offensive, but I believe they r required, even in stall. gl and hf :)

also I'm pretty sure some may not agree with me, so ya if there is anything I missed, or anything u don't agree with, pls post it.

Calais

Banned deucer.
also I'm pretty sure some may not agree with me, so ya if there is anything I missed, or anything u don't agree with, pls post it.
a means to recover is necessary on rockceus or it lacks the ability to switch in, pdon is just fine on the team but maybe rest is something that's worth looking into. yveltal is quite redundant as you compound a sr weakness with no means of recovery. stall is kinda sub par as is right now and it's hard to deviate from the hack/kebabe stall as its probably the most reliable stall build for oras. clef is probably better on this team as u already have 2 pogre checks and specs xern is checked fine by ferro/pdon. it's kinda hard to give a proper rate to teams like these but I would suggest clef>blissey as u have a dark resist and unaware beats the lum ekillers u mentioned. this is donkey stall them but o well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)