Tournament UUPL XII - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 29]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Another day, another systematic nightmare
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Commencement Thread<<
>>
Replays and Usage Stats<<
>>
Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken!

vs

Iki Town Idols (5) vs (5) Sinjoh Ruin Strikers
SV UU: hellom vs Sabella
SV UU: Floss vs JustFranco
SV UU: Welli0u vs tier
SS UU: Micciu vs Taka
SM UU: Indigo Plateau vs pdt
ORAS UU: Lily vs Fragments
BW UU: freezai vs Amukamara
DPP UU: Pak vs Highlord
ADV UU: Xrn vs fatty
GSC UU: crying vs Torchic

vs

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (7) vs (3) Camphrier Town Ladies
SV UU: vivalospride vs Attribute
SV UU: Punny vs Mossy Sandwich
SV UU: Meru vs ThatOneApple
SS UU: ChrisPBacon vs DugZa
SM UU: odr vs etern
ORAS UU: Chaitanya vs Askov
BW UU: Monai vs Alkione
DPP UU: LpZ vs Estarossa
ADV UU: shiloh vs Heysup
GSC UU: dawnbuster vs innovamania

Iki Town Idols (0) vs (0) Sinjoh Ruin Strikers

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (0) vs (0) Camphrier Town Ladies

The deadline for this round is Sunday, April 21st at 11:59 PM GMT -4.​

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Iki Town Idols (6) vs (4) Sinjoh Ruin Strikers

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (6) vs (4) Camphrier Town Ladies

Idols Friends finals imo. But like the pdt difference and what not. Idols are a better team. I respect the ladies come back but it seems like they’re outmatched in most slots. I could see a pretty steep win for the friends but I’m giving some edge to the Cinderella.

Last edited:
The vtubers made playoffs, very convincingly! It wasn't until Estarossa and Monky25 harvested millions of illegal free wins (Courtesy of “CROOKED” pdt, and “SHIFTY” fc) that this was ever in doubt! THIS “RIGGED” TOUR IS A JOKE, AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT!

that aside, semis dicts:

Iki Town Idols vs Sinjoh Ruin Strikers
SV UU: hellom vs Sabella - I think sab has been doing pretty okay all things considered, but he played a bit of an ugly game last wk (even if it didnt matter) and helloms definitely pretty capable as a player. In a neutral MU I probably favour hellom to navigate through things better, but I wouldn't put it past sabella to cook.
SV UU: Floss vs JustFranco - Francos going to load his stupid RU stall and win in a depression-inducing game, next !
SV UU: Welli0u vs tier - after watching tiers game last wk i just dont think i am physically capable of bolding him for the remainder of the tour ... especially considering it of all games was the 1 that officially eliminated the honourable just noble virtuous etc. tubers
SS UU: Micciu vs Taka - logically i think Micciu is pretty favoured just given how well he's been doing, but my heart hopes Taka takes it given the deplorable shit Micciu loaded last wk. go Taka!
SM UU: Indigo Plateau vs pdt - pdt may have 4 more losses than ip, but as far as wins go they're evenly matched. I'd be amazed if ip actually plays a game this wk, but in the event that he does i believe pdt will win and end w a neutral/positive season
ORAS UU: Lily vs Fragments - idt fragments plays this and as far as i can tell and is just being thrown to the wolves
DPP UU: Pak vs Highlord - this is realistically a coinflip all things considered, but highlord plays a lot more actively so umm might as well.
ADV UU: Xrn vs fatty - xrns the goat, but i just get winning vibes from fatty. like if i asked a magic 8 ball who would win this mu i think it would say fatty. i really have no right to say anything about adv uu so i'm going purely off of pseudoscience rn.
GSC UU: crying vs Torchic - crying has been doing pretty well here actually. lowkey think they might just quietly go undefeated

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers vs Camphrier Town Ladies - inheriting the will/curse of the vtubers, the ladies r destined to lose violently in poffs.
SV UU: vivalospride vs Attribute - Known to be one of the best musical composers during the Baroque period in Medieval and Renaissance Europe, it has been pre-determined that viv will take this 1. Attri is quite good though, and if theres one game in this series that the ladies have some vague fraction of a chance at taking, it's probably this one.
SV UU: Punny vs Mossy Sandwich - Despite the middling record, idt it can be contended that punny is rather good at mons. Mossy has had a pretty stellar rebound from a bit of a rocky start (much like the ladies as a whole) but bolding against punny is always going 2 be a hard sell.
SV UU: Meru vs ThatOneApple - i believe in gapple but i believe in the vicious downfall of the ladies franchise even more
SS UU: ChrisPBacon vs DugZa - I just don't think I have it in me to bold someone with a pun as their username.
SM UU: odr vs etern - godr or something idk im just getting lazy atp idk shit about sm go friends
ORAS UU: Chaitanya vs Askov - Chaits going to load the absolute worst team of all time straight out of bottom ladder from cg oras and own i fear
DPP UU: LpZ vs Estarossa - the siberian husky has done well, but I think it's clear atp that a higher power demands an undefeated record out of LpZ so there is only one way this game can go.
ADV UU: shiloh vs Heysup - oh heysups getting hard lucked for sure ... there is no question about it. Pokemon will be crit, heysup will complain, and bonus points if heysup brings a roselia.
GSC UU: dawnbuster vs innovamania - self-proclaimed ceo of gsc uu or something

Iki Town Idols (6) vs (4) Sinjoh Ruin Strikers
SV UU: hellom vs Sabella - both have taken games off some pgood players, hellom prob a little stronger but it seems like sabella is more engaged w this tour + hellom has been on the bench for a bit
SV UU: Floss vs JustFranco - somehow no one can put a stop to franco's fat spamming anti- wait what apple beat him last week LOL (goat) hmm maybe he can bleed.. floss is 3-0 so far and all his wins have looked clean iirc so im expecting this to be a bit of a slump for franco
SV UU: Welli0u vs tier - even if i got my memory wiped from last week's game i feel like i'd still bold welliou. both have had pretty mid seasons but smth tells me well usually wins this in an even team matchup as much as i like tier
SS UU: Micciu vs Taka - micciu has been FARMING this tour bro and even if ppl think hes the villain after last weeks OD stall bring i think hes still the goat. taka is great too but micciu def leaps more experience than him in this tier and has been playing pretty well too.
SM UU: Indigo Plateau vs pdt - honestly in the few games ip has played this tour hes looked rly good. i always thought he was strong in this tier after he did well in uufpl last year (look ik its uufpl but there were still some good players he played vs ok). that being said pdt is Him and hes def gonna be buckling up after having a middling regular season, so i expect him to lock in and outplay
ORAS UU: Lily vs Fragments - with a 1-6 oras for the strikers, theres def a big hole in this slot and they really need fragments to turn it on. its basically pak vs liam in terms of the builder for these two mu's, although ig lily could bring her own stuff. of course shes way more comfy in this tier, and is just a stronger player i think, so this would be a huge win for the strikers if fragments can clutch
BW UU: freezai vs Amukamara - ngl i thought freezai was doing way worse than 4-2 LOL, i feel like most of his wins have just been using HO though, and liam tends to farm those kind of matchups. a balance mirror would prob favor liam too as he tends to like long games too, using blissey whenever he can in oras/sm. seems like an uphill battle for red arrow enthusiast
DPP UU: Pak vs Highlord - as much as i was gassing up highlord coming into this tour he has an average record at 3-4, and honestly some of the losses i feel like he couldve played better. pak doesn't have the biggest resume in this tier compared to other old gens but hes comfy enough here that i think his play will get him there; could def go either way though
ADV UU: Xrn vs fatty - when i looked at the uupl threads i feel like half of xrns opps in his losses apologized for hax so im thinking hes gonna end up lucking fatty somehow bc mons is mons also hes the goat so bop
GSC UU: crying vs Torchic - two quite players but both with insane records LOL 5-0 vs 6-1 what the hell, crying seeming to be the greatest 3k pick ot btw. torchic has been farming everyone in this tier though. after dropping week 1 hes gone to win 6 in a row and since this is one of his main tiers + hes definitely practicing it more than crying i'll say he takes this

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (5) vs (5) Camphrier Town Ladies
SV UU: vivalospride vs Attribute - two goats that have been having pgood seasons so far, with attribute hopping between almost every fairy gen this tour. given that hes pnew to sv uu, attribute still has managed to find success even in building, with that one boulder team that i swear i've seen like 12 people use atp. viv has def been cooking up good teams as well, and has been playing his games nice too. attribute is just him dude and his ability to pick up a tier and start farming cant be understated. should be a good one
SV UU: Punny vs Mossy Sandwich - despite punny's shabby record im pretty sure he was on vacation from like weeks 1-6, and since coming back and getting into mons again hes definitely gonna be trying harder. he looked great last week too, although it was vs someone in unfamiliar territory. mossy has a good record, but honestly some of his wins were pretty lol. psure like two of his opps threw wins away, but he has been having a lot of results recently so this could be closer than i think
SV UU: Meru vs ThatOneApple - im ngl, i was going to say apple hasn't had the toughest opponents yet + had an insanely lucky win, but then he beat franco last week, in what was a pretty good game from him. idt many people thought apple was gonna be the one to shutdown franco's 7-0, but i'd say things are up for him. meru has looked good too though, he won pretty convincingly last week vs mahoh, and has a fine record so far. i think i'd need to see another week like last week from apple to start bolding him vs someone like meru
SS UU: ChrisPBacon vs DugZa - if im being fr i dont got much to say here, two ppl that are pretty unfamiliar with the tier although at least dugza played some of it when it was current gen. i rate him higher as a player too so pretty easy bold imo
SM UU: odr vs etern - odr has been looking pretty good so far, and has played a full season of sm this time around unlike etern. etern also kinda won a game off a wrong sharpedo ability from his opp (or maybe it wasnt over idr tbh lol), but yeah just more games from odr makes me confident
ORAS UU: Chaitanya vs Askov - i feel like a lot of chaits games have just been him using Fat stuff, and it looks like hes getting punished a little bit for it , with his opps bringing reuniclus and trick metagross lately. i'd expect him to want to change things up at this point but he might just load comfort again and get counterteamed even harder. askov has been having a bit more success in the old fairy gens as opposed to sv, but a lot of his earlier games just went pretty unfortunate. him and highways should be able to cook smth to get him a favorable mu, and as long as its not doomed for him at preview, i think he wins
BW UU: Monai vs Alkione - although alkione has only played two games so far this tour, he did won both of them, and he has been fine in this tier in the past. monai has been looking good in the tier as well, and hes of course no stranger to bw as a gen. monai also has lpz to help him in terms of teams, while im not sure alkione has anyone else to rely on really. i'll give monai the edge
DPP UU: LpZ vs Estarossa - both have been having a good tour so far, although their records are a little fraud. honestly theyve both been bringing a lot of different things at least, and most of what theyve brought looks pretty good to me i think. i rate lpz's recent builds higher though, and think hes a better player
ADV UU: shiloh vs Heysup - im not sure how much shiloh has cared about this tour, but hes been subbed out a few times now so im assuming motivation is low. heysup on the other hand is of course ready to test whoever whenever on showdown, and while i'd rate shiloh's play a bit higher i just dont think he cares too much rn. hopefully im wrong though and hes actually talking abt the tier a lot in his cord, but yeah heysup's comfort with the tier rn makes me wanna say he wins
GSC UU: dawnbuster vs innovamania - inno has had some cool wins so far, and doing better than i expected him to tbh, didnt know how much he played this tier so going into week 1 and seeing him in gsc i was a lil worried for him but hes been doing well. he won this mu last time in a cool game, and although he had a shaky game last week i'd say hes got the play in this tier to take most people out. dawn has been in a bit of a slump recently, losing the last two weeks, and with the aforementioned past matchup these two had i'd almost call this an upset, but the gsc enthusiast could def prove me wrong im sure

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor
Oops i'm late.

Iki Town Idols (8) vs (2) Sinjoh Ruin Strikers
SV UU: hellom vs Sabella - i think slightly better support from the idols
SV UU: Floss vs JustFranco - hes just hot right now
SV UU: Welli0u vs tier - see mu 1
SS UU: Micciu vs Taka - this guy will do whatever it takes...
SM UU: Indigo Plateau vs pdt - rough skin sharpedo
ORAS UU: Lily vs Fragments - smth smth experience
BW UU: freezai vs Amukamara - agree wth hari, liam farms the offenses freezai gravitates toward
DPP UU: Pak vs Highlord - mr uupl
ADV UU: Xrn vs fatty - tossup kinda, i expect both to turn it on for playoffs but xrn to turn it on a little more. hype mu
GSC UU: crying vs Torchic - we gonna see stall

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (8) vs (2) Camphrier Town Ladies
SV UU: vivalospride vs Attribute - viv will bring a heater team
SV UU: Punny vs Mossy Sandwich - same as above + better player
SV UU: Meru vs ThatOneApple - i have no fricking idea who will win so bolding the 4-0
SS UU: ChrisPBacon vs DugZa - this result came to me in a dream idk
SM UU: odr vs etern - he keeps on winning, has better support behind him too
ORAS UU: Chaitanya vs Askov - nobody takes on variable metagames like askov
BW UU: Monai vs Alkione - I think monai is pretty good at this tier
DPP UU: LpZ vs Estarossa - lpz has made this tier his own (allegedly, i havent been watching)
ADV UU: shiloh vs Heysup -
GSC UU: dawnbuster vs innovamania - thinking dawn will whip out the sauce

excited to watch :3

Go Vivalospride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)