Other Wacky Team for a Wacky Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, I am participating in a tournament with special rules.Doubles, No legendaries, one ultrabeast when a pokemon is KO'd, it is KO'd for the rest of the tournament, you have a team of 6 "benchwarmers" who can be switched onto your team if a pokemon is KO'd or at any time between matches. There is also a specific number of each tier you can have on your team, (BL are included in their respective tier) So if you offer to switch out, make sure the pokemon is the same tier as the one you are substituting. Thank you so much for rating this crazy team.
The gimmick: trick room but like it's ok it can function without it and also what are all these sharp things doing on the ground around the opponent
Reuniclus @ Life orb
Ability: magic guard
EVs:252 HP, 252 SpA, 6 DEF
Nature: quiet
Perfect IVs (note: this is true of all my pokemon)
-Trick room
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Recover

I use Reuniclus to setup trick room. after that, Its good bulk and SpA make it extremely difficult to knock out. It can easily counter the Special defensive teams my team often fails on.

Jellicent @ mystic water
Ability: Water absorb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 6 SpDf
Nature: sassy
-Water spout
-The infamous Energy Ball
-Trick room
-Recover

Love the design, and this functions as a good alternative to reuniclus if the other team is heavy on fire types. Water spout hitting two enemies at once is super useful, but I can't find it to be a good switch in.

Nihilego @ rocky helmet for the time being, but I need some help
Ability: Beast boost
EVs: 160 HP, 98 SpA, 252 SpDf
Nature: gentle
-Power Gem
-Sludge wave
-Thunderbolt
-Toxic spikes

Toxic spikes comes in handy for teams lacking in steel types. it fits well with the rest of my team, and it is a good switch in for the many grass types on my team.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: technician
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Def, 6 SpDf
Nature: Brave
-Swords dance
-Bullet punch
-X-Scissor
-reversal

A very important Regular attacker in my very special oriented team. Also, It is one of the only Megas that I like, and fits the mega slot on my team well.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron barbs
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Def, 252 SpDf
Nature: Impish
-ingrain
-Power whip
-Leech seed
-spikes

If you don't know what this is for... ok I guess but that's very difficult to come by. It is basially invincible and I used this one pokemon to take out the entire steel type person's team in the elite four. It's pretty slow too, so it works well with trick room.

Tangrowth @ Groundium Z
Ability: regenerator
Evs: 252 HP, 6 SpA, 252 SpDf
Nature: Relaxed
-Knock off
-Earthquake
-Giga Drain
-Leech seed

A tank in every right, I use it to trick fire type switch-ins with ground attacks, and generally outlast other pokemon.

Intermission!!!!!( now to the benchwarmers!)

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs:252 HP, 252 Att
Nature: brave
-Stealth rock
-Heavy Slam
-EarthQuake
-Bulldoze

I needed another mega, and I needed some more stealth rocks. what do you want me to do? Also, I needed fire type coverage, and this fit the mold.

Chandelure @ spell tag
Ability: flame Body
EVs: 252 Def, 252 SpA
Nature: modest
-fire blast
-Hex
-Trick room
-shadow ball

Hex abuser. also functions as a mediocre tank. a backup backup trick room user.

Cacturne @ Assualt Vest
Ability: water absorb
EVs: 252 Att, 252 SpA
Nature: mild
-Sucker Punch
-Dark pulse
-Giga Drain
-Needle arm

An unexpected glass cannon. provides a bit more psychic coverage.

Rotom wash
I'm just gonna skip this one. It just uses the smogon moveset etc. Smogon flavored Laundromat

Amoongus @ Black sludge
Effect spore
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
-spore
-stun spore
-giga drain
-sludge bomb

Used as a tanky sporemon for countering those pesky pokemon that are somehow slower than basically any other pokemon.

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Ability: magnet pull
EVs: 252 Def and SpDF
Nature: calm
-substitute
-thunderbolt
-flash cannon
-tri attack

Laughs at other steel types, limits dangerous switch ins, overall a useful mon for teams that counter my type combos.

Thank you so much for reviewing this double sized doubles chunky team. Can't wait to hear advice!

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)