What Game Is This?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I was thinking back to some old PC strategy games I used to play, and suddenly I remembered a space strategy game, only I have no idea what game it was. It had a variety of vividly drawn non-human races that honestly were lifted from Star Trek (I best remember a race that was obsessed with money). There was a war like race, and a race of psychics or mages or whatever. I think there was a black market too. It was mostly turn based but it might have had some real time fights. I strongly remember sprite graphics on the normal units but the enemies you talked to might have had better portraits. The computer players were total assholes. I'm being really vague, but I really don't think I'm talking about a significant game here.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Waaaay too recent and high tech. and Star Wars

Not Master of Orion either. Or any of the vast percentage of scifi strategy games that look similar (with that sort of star map setup).

Bump/similar question

I know this is vague, but I played this one game for the SNES. Similar graphics/look to Legend of Zelda: A link to the past, but instead of one big world, there were levels. You could pick three (we'll call them hero's) at the beginning and search through the levels. The level ended when you reached a certain point (you had to do something on the level and then reach a certain point which would end the level). When you got to, I think, level 2 or 3 you could team up with one of three NPCs (I remember one shot straight magic spells and one shot homing magic spells), for a level or two, but much later in the game he'd turn on you with one of the NPC's you didn't choose (you'd have a 2 on 1 battle in a kinda small room). The main characters used sword or staff like weapons, and maybe some magic (I can't recall).

Sorry about being vague, but I rented this game from block buster over 13 years ago, and it was really good and I'd like to find it and play it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)