What should I buy?

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Hello guys! The last Friday my cousin brought the 360 to my house and for some reason I fall into the hands of Microsoft, and now I want to buy a 360 (the slim one, i think is the newest) because I want to play RE5 and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and in the future Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (I watched some trailers of this game and it is awesome :D is like Tatsunoko vs Capcom!).

I know that all the games that I mentioned are for 360 and PS3, so here is the question, what console should I buy and why? Don't say Wii, I already have one and Im in love with it, but I really want to play those games.
I'm not really interested in Kinect right now, I played it and I felt like I was some kind of a freak xD, plus the games that exist right now for Kinect are pretty similar to the games of Wii.

I'd appreciate your help guys.

Thanks!

Ps. Im a total noob about microsoft and sony, because I have never had any of their consoles, thats why I need your help.

It really depends on your taste i would recommend ps3 im not a fanboy btw. Xbox 360 is awesome and it has games such as gears of war and halo.The things that make ps3 better than xbox are are blu-ray player,discs do not get scratched,you do not have to pay for online(you can download demos for free tho).It has uncharted and ratchet and clanks.But Xbox has red ring of death although i heard the made the vent system beeter for slim.
So really depends on you,
Xbox 360 vs Ps3

Ps:The first non handheld console i got was ps3 i love it and right now im playing Mario galaxy 2 X)

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Oh thanks :) now that I remember I have anther question, I know that the most recent model of 360 has 250 GB, the question is: Will I really use all that memory?

Mario Galaxy is a great game :D I already collected all the stars. Some of the Comet stars are a pain in the ass <.<

If you like playing online, there's alot more people on Live than on PSN (though I don't know about the games you've mentioned so that may not be an issue). If that doesn't help, you should find out which exclusives for each console you're interested in (or more interested in).

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
They're basically the same console with a few differences in available games. In the end I opted for PS3 because I really wanted to play MGS4 and the God of War franchise, but not so much the XBox exclusives. Just pick the one that has the most attractive exclusives and consider getting the same one as most of your friends so you can multiplayer with them if you're into that.

Oh thanks :) now that I remember I have anther question, I know that the most recent model of 360 has 250 GB, the question is: Will I really use all that memory?

Mario Galaxy is a great game :D I already collected all the stars. Some of the Comet stars are a pain in the ass <.<
My friend got that model and he said he hardly used 20 gb till now and he has about 15 games so depends on how many games you buy.
I got the 250 GB ps3 and i used it for a year and i hardly used 30 gb.
Also the purple coin commet star levels are damn hard

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your friend has a 360 and I assume you'll want to play online with him (and borrow his games ;)) so I'd probably recommend a 360 in your case unless you have a lot of friends who own a PS3 or there are games you're dying to play on it.

I used to have a 20GB 360 but upgraded the hard drive to 120GB about a year ago. I have about 40GB left? I could clear up space but hey I got it... You can install games to your hard drive so the disc doesn't spin while it's in your drive which is handy. Less noise and disc wear.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Thanks a lot for your help guys!
Today I decided that Im going to buy the 360, and few hours ago I went to buy it, but a lot of questions came to my mind (I didn't buy it because i wanted to read your opinion guys) <.< so let me explain you guys. (Firestorm, I'd like your opinion here, since you seem to know about this stuff :D)
I was going to purchase the 250 GB one but then I asked if I was going to use all that memory, and the sellman asked me if i was going to download music, videos and all that stuff, and I told him that I only wanted it for playing online and playing my games (maybe kinect too). So basically I'm only using it for games, no MORE! I just want to play with my games and play online thats all what I want.
So guys, should I buy the 4 GB one or the 250 GB one?
Will the space of memory will affect the games or something?
4 GB or 250 GB?

The only difference between the 4gb and 250 one, is only the memory right?

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wouldn't recommend buying a 360 right now. Black Friday is coming up. Get one then. For example, Toys R Us will give you a $50 gift card with the purchase of a 360 Slim (4GB or 250GB) Thursday 10PM to Friday 1PM. Or Sears will give you Halo Reach for free with it. Or WalMart will give you Modern Warfare 2 + Mass Effect 2 free.

Or you can check online deals on Amazon that weekend so you don't risk fighting the crowds.

If you can spring for it, I'd recommend going with a hard drive. You'll want to download demos, Xbox Live Arcade games, install games to hard drive, etc. If not, you can also use USB flash drives or something. The 360 recognizes up to 16GB Flash Drives which will be enough for you as long as you delete whatever you're not playing at the time.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
I don't live in USA :(
And I want to buy it today because there is a "promotion" in my town xD
So 4 GB is fine?

Firestorm

Where do you live and what's the promotion? Yes. 4GB will be usable. I would recommend the 250GB if you can afford it as I think you may find yourself wanting it later, but a 4GB will fit your needs as well.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Where do you live and what's the promotion? Yes. 4GB will be usable. I would recommend the 250GB if you can afford it as I think you may find yourself wanting it later, but a 4GB will fit your needs as well.
México xP there is a promotion where I can buy the 360 and pay it in 12 months plus a gift card of $30
I can expand the memory right?
And yes I can afford the 250 gb one, but i don't want to make an unnecessary cost if i won't use all that memory O.o
Also, I'd say a big selling point for the 360 is the damn controller...I love that thing...
I love my Wii mote xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)