Whoa, this is heavy

Has Ghost become the new Dragon?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

For a new generation, it is time for a new style. I started playing Pokémon competitively a week after gen 5 came out and so I never experienced a complete gen shift. But for my first shift, I decided to try something that didn't receive any love at all in gen 5; gravity. Gravity brings all flying and levitating Pokémon on the ground and multiplies the accuracy of all moves by 1.6777. I have never tried gravity before and but I needed to try something new. I was bored with the hyper offensive team building and I needed a new twist, something that that you don't really see to often. Sorry I don't have enough time to go through the team building process but just remember this, a good gravity team is built around gravity. Gravity is a move that cannot just be slapped on to a Pokémon.

252 Hp/ 4 Att/ 252 Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Synchronize
Leftovers

U-Turn
Taunt
Gravity
Thunder Wave

Mew is my lead, taunt is for Pokémon like Cloyster or Forretress. On the switch I can pull off a gravity and U-turn out to whatever Pokémon that is appropriate. Thunder wave is there to piss off any sweeper that thinks that they can come in and KO the little guy. I love Mew and its sheer versatility. I don't like how I don't have enough room on here for a recovery move. Mew is my hit and run fast supporter that can usually squeeze in one more gravity late game.

252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Regenerator
Leftovers

Power Whip
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Hidden Power Ice

This guy is a fucking tank. Tangrowth really works well under gravity. With gravity up, both sleep powder and power whip hit 100% of the time. With a great 120 Def stat and a not-too-shabby 100 Att stat, Tangrowth can really hold its own. It is important for a gravity team to have a strong grass wall because the other team can take advantage of gravity and can fire off their own Earthquakes (Which this guy can eat all day). Regenerator is such an epic ability and it allows him to stick around for a long time. Hidden Power Ice is there for Gliscor and dragons that can other wise wall him. Hidden Power Ice can do a decent amount of damage, coming off a 110 base Special Attack. Sleep powder allows me to create a hole in which one of my sweepers can switch into and take advantage of.

252 Hp/ 4 SpA/ 252 SpD
Calm (+SpD, -Att)
Flash Fire
Leftovers

Lava Plume
Stealth Rock
Roar
Toxic

Heatran has really good synergy with Tangrowth. Heatran is a Pokémon that I have frequently used and this set really works. It usually sets up stealth rocks and can phase a couple of times. Toxic is there to hit bulky water types and lava plume is their for STAB with a nasty side effect. I really have no complaints with him.

4 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
Jolly (+Att, -Spe)
Rough Skin
Garchompite

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Fang

Ok, so looking at my team so far, I seem to have a good defensive core going on. Now I need a Sweeper that can really take advantage of all gravity. I chose Garchomp. Along with Heatran, Garchomp is the only Pokémon that I actually have experience using (The rest, I have actually never used before). Garchomp has good bulk and great attack. I decided to use Garchomp-Mega for the extra firepower. Now with a 170 base attack, I don't really need a boosting move now do I? The dreaded Edgestone or Stonequake or Earthegde or what-the-hell-ever you call it is there for obvious reasons. Fire Fang is there for additional coverage. I picked Dragon Claw over outrage because I don't feel comfortable using outrage ever since the new fairies were introduced.

4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Att)
Compoundeyes
Life Orb

Giga Drain
Big Buzz
Thunder
Sticky Web

Ok, so if I really wanted to use Garcomp-Mega, I really have to address the lowered speed. On the other hand, I really need a fast special sweeper. So what should I do? I know! I'll use both! Galvantula has access to the new hazard to which floating Pokémon are immune to. That's a shame isn't it? Well thanks to gravity, that is no longer a problem. Also under gravity, Thunder hits 100% of the time making Compoundeyes a little useless. The moves are pretty basic, I just replaced Volt Switch with Sticky Web. Since I am running Giga Drain, Should I use Life orb? Also, I would like to point out that Big Buzz now bypasses substitute, which is nice.

252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Calm (+SpD, -Att)
Pressure
Eviolite

Gravity
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split
Night Shade

Ok, I feel really good about my team so far...hmmm...yes everything seems to be pretty good.....hmmmm......HOLY FUCKING SHIT I ONLY HAVE ONE POKEMON WITH GRAVITY!!!!!! So, um, yeah. That was my main purpose behind using Dusclops. He has good bulk and the ability to use gravity multiple times if need be. Despite that, he is probably my least important team member. While he takes care of Heatran's Fighting weakness, he also opens up a huge whole for dark and ghost weaknesses.

Concerns
Should I replace Mew with another pokemon?

Should I replace one of Mew's moves to a recovery move?

Should I use Expert Belt or Life Orb on Galvantula?

Should I replace Dusclops for another Gravity user?

Also, should I use a gen 6 pokemon? I don't want to force it or anything but I would like to use one.

Threats
I haven't had this team for very long, but have noticed that Absol-Mega and Gengar-Mega pose huge threats to my team. Absol magically bounces any status moves I use and both can exploit my unprotected weakness to dark and ghost moves. Absol and Gengar commonly carry fighting moves that can take out Heatran. Other than that I feel like my synergy is pretty decent.

What do you think?
Importable
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Gravity
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Taunt

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Gravity
- Night Shade

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

- Hidden Power [Ice]
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Thunder
- Sticky Web

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
What would you do against a Weakness Policy Dragonite? I see no ice moves.

Mega-Kangaskhan could present issues for you too.

With that said, I love the thought behind the team, gravity teams are not at all common, and something that few people plan for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)