X and Y Ubers Rain Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my second thread i have made on Smogon!
Today, i would like to show how much Uncommon Pokemon in Ubers work so well!
So let's get started!

Goomy @ Eviolite
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Gentle Nature
- Rest
- Body Slam
- Dragon Pulse
- Counter

When Kyogre goes down, this is my response to opposing Kyogre. Body Slam (hopefully) gets the paralyze on Kyogre, then i just attempt to stall it out with Rest. Dragon Pulse and Counter are there if you need them.

Heliolisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Parabolic Charge
- Volt Switch
- Surf
THIS THING IS BEAST WHEN KYOGRE SETS UP RAIN. Thunder destroys opposing water types + Lugia, Parabolic Charge, with Dry Skin + Leftovers, Heliolisk becomes almost impossible to wall (bar Mega-Lucario). Volt Switch allows Heliolisk to switch with an ally, and Surf boosts in rain + can kill Mega-Blaziken. Overall, the only thing that could wall it hardcore is Groudon and Mega-Lucario.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Although Greninja's stats do not look good enough to face the Uber titans, there is something that gives Greninja a niche- Protean. With Protean, Greninja can destroy most stuff that attempt to wall it. Due to it's high speed + Timid nature, Greninja can outspeed most stuff in the tier. Got an Electric-type? SPIKES. Shaymin-Sky? ICE BEAM. With the right support, Greninja becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Kyogre has been a defining part of Ubers since its fateful release due to its neat little ability, Drizzle. Unfortunately for Kyogre, this generation has nerfed it HARDCORE. Because of this, it's usage has lowered, as Rain can now only last for 5 turns. However, don't underestimate this lunar whale- as he is still kicking butt in this new generation. Water Spout was by far Kyogre's strongest attack ever since it was given to Kyogre. Surf is a weaker, more reliable option then Hydro Pump- but in Rain, it becomes much stronger. Thunder gets 100% accuracy in Rain, while Ice Beam hits Flying and Grass types.

->

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

This, ladies and gentlekarps is my late-game sweeper. Thunderbolt is to dominate opposing Kyogre with +2 Calm Minds, Psystrike is Mewtwo's strongest move ever since Black/White and Black2/White2, and still is as effective as it was in the previous game. Aura Sphere deals with Mega-Lucario, one of the threats to my team.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Geomancy is one of the best boosting moves in the game, allowing Xerneas to sweep- however, it is a two turn attack, which will not help much. However, when equipped with Power Herb, Xerneas can skip a turn of Geomancy. Moonblast is the most powerful Fairy-type move, and when it gets a Geomancy up, it can plow through Dragon-types like nothing. Thunder has 100% accuracy in rain and kills Lugia very fast after a Geomancy. Focus Miss also checks Mega-Lucario quite well, but the low accuracy means that it has a very low chance to hit.

Thanks for viewing! Please leave a Luvdisc if you liked!

Read the rules please, you need to improve your descriptions. PM me with better ones and I'll unlock this.

jirachi edit: also wrong section

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)