Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed that the Sarcophagus is pure ghost.

Quite the contrary for me.

Ghost gives it 2 weaknesses that are easily stopped by a steel type. As opposed to it being....... Ghost/Ground :

Water
Grass
Ice
Dark
Ghost

Or Ghost/Rock
Water
Grass
Steel
Dark
Ghost

Albeit the sandstorm boost would make it kinda better barring lame defensive capability.

This is me assuming a type combo that works for a Egyptian tomb lol.

Quite the contrary for me.

Ghost gives it 2 weaknesses that are easily stopped by a steel type. As opposed to it being....... Ghost/Ground :

Water
Grass
Ice
Dark
Ghost

Or Ghost/Rock
Water
Grass
Steel
Dark
Ghost

Albeit the sandstorm boost would make it kinda better barring lame defensive capability.

This is me assuming a type combo that works for a Egyptian tomb lol.
For starters, I'm disappointed because we really don't need another pure ghost one over an original typing.
There's more to a typing than weaknesses though.

For seconds, a type combination would make him more useful in regards to his ability, and if he's bulky like he appears to be, resisting only like, bug and poison, and taking 0 from normal/fight [which won't trigger his ability] just won't work.

I'd rather add a new cool tool for sandstorm teams that can spinblock than have this thing.

Why do people assume that Dragon Tail is increased priority.
It's up against Gigaiasu, who is probably super slow. If anything, it's probably normal priority.

Yea, but Ghost/Ground/Rock would've made it the prime candidate for spin blocker on sandstorm teams. He essentially would've been the Froslass of Sandstorm. Also, on a SS Team, he'd have Heatran to take all those grass, steel, ghost, and dark attacks and Quagsire to take the water ones. That's some stellar synergy if I do say so myself.

Thanks! I never realized that it could have worked like Roar with damage...
Which is just too insane. My guess is, that forcing the opponent to switch out is a side effect, having a probability of 30% or so...

Also, yeah, Desukan is disappointing. I mean, of course, pure Ghost is a good typing. But it would just have been the best opportunity for a sandstorm-immune Ghost EVER.. and they missed it.

Why do people assume that Dragon Tail is increased priority.
It's up against Gigaiasu, who is probably super slow. If anything, it's probably normal priority.
Didn't Gigaisu get a hit in before? If anything I thought it had Roar-like priority.

Otherwise it's kinda busted with choice scarf... I mean what's stopping you from switching their entire team around consistently?

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Maybe, or this may be obvious, dragon tail allows you to choose the poke to play. Therefore you can pull perfect counters like somebody with spore or a SE hit.

Didn't Gigaisu get a hit in before? If anything I thought it had Roar-like priority.

Otherwise it's kinda busted with choice scarf... I mean what's stopping you from switching their entire team around consistently?
I see several possibilites on how this is prevented...

1: The move pulls a Protect on us and the success rate is halved with each successive usage.

2: The move is given negative priority, just like Roar.

3: There is no #3.

4: The move can't be used consecutively.

5: The move is exclusive to Ononokusu and it's super slow. Like, way beyond help even with a Choice Scarf slow.

5: The move is exclusive to Ononokusu and it's super slow. Like, way beyond help even with a Choice Scarf slow.
This is never a solution, unless he has 5 base speed, because you can just BP him 6 speed boosts with Ninjask and then it's GG.

I think it might just be a side-effect at like, 20-30% rate or something. Or one of the things you mentioned. Probably coupled with 5PP too.

How can I tell what? The description put it as somehing like, it "forces the opponent to switch pokemon" not that it switches the opponent's pokemon. Yo understandin'?
It's clearly a shuffle from the speed at which the Pokemon was switched in the video.
Even if it let you pick, that still wouldn't solve scarf+tail abuse.

But yeah, it's probably a random occurrence.

I think Dragon Tail could be something like Zap Cannon, where its effect activates whenever it hits, but it only hits half the time or so.

Hey, this question has probably been answered but I don't have time to read 9822 posts to find my answer. So what is the approximate date that Smogon will have the new gen's stats/strategies up here? I know it must be chaos for the first few weeks since everyone is trying to figure out the mechanics of the new generation, so I'm curious as to when things will begin to cool down.

From what I can see, Dragon Tail would be a normal dragon move where the added effect is a chance of Faze. It would probably be about as likely as Ice Beam's chance of freezing.

If the chance is greater or it's entire point is a damaging faze move in itself, it would have negative priority.

somebody post this on gamefaqs saying melkor made it (?)

maybe our ice dragon? It's got that turbine thing going and it sure as heck looks like it'd be a title for pokemon grey

For everyone who's confused about the "Animated Teaser" for Pokemon Sunday, that's for the episode that's actually airing on Thursday Night as a "BW Special" that will cover aspects of the game just before they are released, as well as aspects of the "Best Wishes" Anime series that debuts the week afterwards.

Hey, this question has probably been answered but I don't have time to read 9822 posts to find my answer. So what is the approximate date that Smogon will have the new gen's stats/strategies up here? I know it must be chaos for the first few weeks since everyone is trying to figure out the mechanics of the new generation, so I'm curious as to when things will begin to cool down.
The ROM should come out a day or two before the game and someone will start cracking the code at that point. Most of the stuff will probably be on the site a few days after that and people will start making strategies. The strategies won't really become standard until the metagame settles down and that won't happen until Shoddy gets updated with the new Pokemon and moves and we get to try the sets.

Edit: Well that legend is certainly better the creepy tadpole. It looks like it's either Dragon/Ice or Dragon/Poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)