Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought, what do you actually plan on killing with a non-STAB, non-Choice Band Pusuit? Physical Ghosts and Psychics could work but without an SE hit or an extremely weakened Pokemon, it's not going to kill anything. Also, we don't even know if Mummy always activates or if it has a chance to do it like Static.

Edit: @Blasphemy: You could just run a Fighting move to take out Heatran (Slaking has insane Atk) and hit Skarmory neutrally.
Problem is, Slaking only has Brick Break or Focus Punch. The latter of which is unreliable and the former is weak (weaker than Ampharos Focus Punch -_-). Close Combat would be great, hopefully that'll be Gen V's gift to him (well, a gift would be a new ability altogether).

Lefties with 4 coverage moves is probably better anyways.

It doesn't need to "rival" Arceus, just rival its epicness. Personally, I'm not a fan of GF's tendency to make every game's legendary the "creator of EVEN MORE STUFF!" A Space Bug sounds cool.
What main legendary was in hoenn? Deoxys (which by the way is the best legendary IMO, being an alien space virus hit by a laser cannon who can regenerate and so much more)? We already have a space legendary but I doubt that means there couldn't be another one out there.

I like the idea of space legends or creatures.

Can someone elaborate what the mummy ability does? I don't really understand :x
When the opponent makes physical contact with a pokémon with Mummy, their Ability becomes Mummy.

So, that Scizor that just Bullet Punched your Deathkan? Guess what? He no longer has his beloved Technician ability. That Meguroko? Guess he isn't continuing his Overconfidence sweep.

The strategy I was thinking of involves giving Mummy to the opponent, and then switching in Slaking, and having him hit the opponent to get Mummy instead of truant.

Ononokusu's "Dragon tail" move seems like it'd be decent in competitve play. According to the latest Pokemon Sunday, it causes damage AND it forces your opponent to switch out.

When the opponent makes physical contact with a pokémon with Mummy, their Ability becomes Mummy.

So, that Scizor that just Bullet Punched your Deathkan? Guess what? He no longer has his beloved Technician ability. That Meguroko? Guess he isn't continuing his Overconfidence sweep.

The strategy I was thinking of involves giving Mummy to the opponent, and then switching in Slaking, and having him hit the opponent to get Mummy instead of truant.
Thanks. Seems pretty useful, Hopefully it does work like the truant strategy

Ononokusu's "Dragon tail" move seems like it'd be decent in competitve play. According to the latest Pokemon Sunday, it causes damage AND it forces your opponent to switch out.
My thought on this "Dragon Tail" move is that it is essentially a U-Turn move in which the opponent switches, and since U-Turn is mainly used for scouting or countering purposes, Dragon Tail will give the opponent an oppurtunity to get a counter in for Ononokusu, free of damage (apart from entry hazards)... Not good for the person using Dragon Tail!!

However, the opposite can be said, if Ononokusu gets rid of a threat so that a less-threatening Pokemon may be brought in. However, I bet most teams will happen to have 2 Pokemon that can fair well against him anyways.

Together with the Water/Fighting legendary, they form the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse.

Edit: I don't think the forced switch from Dragon Tail is guarenteed.
O_o im scared now.. Id laugh if something strange happend when you got all of them togeather& Arceus = instant win in every battle j/k

Im loving N's battle theme from the pokemon sunday video. Has the classical R/B/Y style IMO(similar to pokemon stadium's prime cup mode) with the right amount of new twists in it...

O_o im scared now.. Id laugh if something strange happend when you got all of them togeather& Arceus = instant win in every battle j/k

Im loving N's battle theme from the pokemon sunday video. Has the classical R/B/Y style IMO(similar to pokemon stadium's prime cup mode) with the right amount of new twists in it...
Damn, you can actually hear N's battle theme? I only heard the beginning since the cast of Pokemon Sunday won't shut the hell up. If it's good, I'm looking forward to listening to it.

Damn, you can actually hear N's battle theme? I only heard the beginning since the cast of Pokemon Sunday won't shut the hell up. If it's good, I'm looking forward to listening to it.
yeah I have my headphones in&had to adjust the settings..also heard the one for Team Plasma...wich is exactly techno+chopped&screwed version of ` of the original trainer battle themes

i was at work all day and i come home to find this new stuff. so the new starters are real? the pig is fire fighting and that hideous?

excuse me, i'm going to go eat my feelings.

It was more of a joke than anything and I've never seen anything saying that they're based on the three musketeers.
Oh.

Dang, I really thought that was a cool idea. Especially since the water/fighting one was supposed to be orange, but I guess that's not how it's really gonna be.

My thought on this "Dragon Tail" move is that it is essentially a U-Turn move in which the opponent switches, and since U-Turn is mainly used for scouting or countering purposes, Dragon Tail will give the opponent an oppurtunity to get a counter in for Ononokusu, free of damage (apart from entry hazards)... Not good for the person using Dragon Tail!!

However, the opposite can be said, if Ononokusu gets rid of a threat so that a less-threatening Pokemon may be brought in. However, I bet most teams will happen to have 2 Pokemon that can fair well against him anyways.
No it works like roar only it does damage but it might not have reduced prority.watch the third vid on pokebeach for proof.

How long after the game comes out can we expect the ROM to appear?
I think people have been saying that it could come out the next day or even the same day but I'm not sure.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse could be a cool idea for Pokemon but I don't think Gamefreak wants to have any Pokemon whose main purpose is to cause the end of the world. I suppose they could do something like have Pokemon X negate their abilities like the pixies with Dialga/Palkia but those are going to destroy the world because a psycopath is controlling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)