Chicken with a side of falsehood

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the food is good I will eat it. This changes nothing for me, though. Their food is expensive as fuck.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
to me, what's interesting about this is that a lot of people are willing to boycott this chick-fil-a company for its good ol' american gay hate -- when companies like nestle literally enslave and traffic children in other countries...
Baby steps.. Dont discourage people for walking before they run..

This is kinda funny, though I am sceptical that anyone in pr could be so dumb as to try this? Though, tbh, I am sceptical anyone could be so dumb as to oppose gay marriage also.

Anyway, fuck chick fil a. I'm not really their target customer (given I live tens of thousands of kilometres from their nearest restaurant) so I will have to settle for admonishing them on internet forums.

I don't see what's so wildly offensive about all of this. It's not like every member of the company saw this and gave it the green light. Either whoever runs Chic-fil-A's facebook tried to defend it in a really, really stupid way or someone else was trying to raise hell by posing as an obvious fake account. If it was the former, it was one employee being dumb, and compared to what other dumb employees have done for other restaurant chains, this seems really minor. As hair brained an idea as it sounds, I'm more inclined to believe the latter, as it seems like the page's admin would delete the initial troublesome post before anything else.

Their COO admitted he was anti-gay, but for that blemish, they have a lot promoting a nice public image, like employees getting Sundays off and their scholarship programs. I don't think their public image is going to be hurt by this incident as much as this article's trying to get us to believe and I highly doubt this will phase their near zealous following of customers in the south.

to me, what's interesting about this is that a lot of people are willing to boycott this chick-fil-a company for its good ol' american gay hate -- when companies like nestle literally enslave and traffic children in other countries...
I'd be interested in reading about that if you've got a ref, I'd already stopped buying Nestle after learning about them buying up doctors in 3rd world countries to get them to con women into buying baby formula, but hadn't heard anything about this other shit.

Also I'm a little surprised anyone doubts that this Facebook thing isn't real... while there's always the chance it's fake, this is exactly the sort of thing PR people are paid to do, they're just normally not this obvious... and Chick-fil-A hasn't exactly shown that they have a fucking clue about how to tell a convincing lie.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I wasnt really suggesting it was fake, just that it might not be anyone that has anything to do with chick fil a. Like, maybe someone who hates gays trying to defend chick fil a..

Though I was more trying to suggest how mind bogglingly stupid this was.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Food is terrible, other than the shakes.

And yeah, as hip says, there is no smoking gun that it's even a cfa employee, so who cares.

The company was founded and is owned by a Christian family. Cathy himself is about as devout a Southern Baptist as you can be. How his opposition of gay marriage surprises anyone is beyond me.

I mean I usually don't know where my money is going when I buy things, but if I know that it's actively supporting hate groups then I'd have to be a monster to keep buying those things

but to each his own I guess

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
anyone else think popemobile is that guy on r/atheism who posts really aggressive facebook messages on anything christian

I'm on the fence on this issue. On one hand, this is really the family who owns the chain showing their own beliefs and consumers can choose to vote with their wallets (which I doubt will have an effect quite honestly, the last time I heard about being a conscious consumer lol). Plus, I'm actually shocked to see people being surprised at this; I thought it was a well known fact that Chick-fil-A is on the right side of the Christian spectrum. On the other, still think this still infringes on the basic rights of humans and probably shouldn't be allowed. I'm actually not sure what the state of same-sex marriage is in America (seriously, I'm getting tired of keeping up with which state has which laws) but I would have thought America would have progressed enough to tolerate other people that don't share their beliefs, no matter how much they delude themselves and force it on them; at this point, if same-sex marriage was some sort of law, I'm pretty sure it'd be considered discriminatory (our resident lawyer-in-training DM can lean on this). I'm kind of leaning towards this point.

how dare christian companies share their christian beliefs
I realise almost everyone in this thread is focusing on the original statements by Cathy, but... the OP is technically about them blatantly lying about why they're no longer carrying Henson toys and their (probable) PR team failing to convince anyone that their reasoning is legit. I say probable because 1. they've already lied about the toys, 2. this is what PR people are employed for and 3. if it was just random people trying to support them by lying, they probably wouldn't need to make fake accounts to do so.

Could've sworn 'lying is bad' was a Christian belief as well... but I guess making sure gays don't marry takes precedence over those pesky commandments.

proverbs said:
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

yo the mayor of boston (pretty much) told chick-fil-a to go fuck themselves

someone here also said it was just cfa being "conservative" but you shouldn't pin the right with being inherently anti-gay, just saying

where i stand: chick-fil-a chose to open its dumb mouth and show its intolerant views, so they deserve all the criticism + negative attention for it. this is an issue we the public have to press! show your country that you won't stand for intolerance! sure they aren't denying service to gay customers, but you can not have the company take an official stance of unequal rights.

gay marriage isn't the biggest issue facing the lgbt+ or just even the gay community but hey, foot in the door.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In conclusion, PR people lie all the time, except this time due to the companies religious beliefs (which I doubt they enforce on their employees that would be absurd).

also there are companies worse than this, the salvation army will not hire you if you are gay
e: spoke too soon, they want to get permission to not hire gay people and not pay for health benefits for same-sex partners of employees

Stratos

Banned deucer.
how dare christian companies share their christian beliefs
This

Also, the odds that it was a PR person are approximately none. The fact that they said "my friend went there three weeks ago and there were no toys" virtually instantly disqualifies it from being from an employee - even the dumbest of the dumb would never say a blatant lie for their company because they could be busted easily.

you know

i don't want to be that guy

but /r/atheism is literally cancer
le upvote upvote upvote

I never eat Chick-fil-a. I tried it once, it was horrible. I don't know if it was just that particular restaurant that was bad or if the entire chain is crap but I don't really care. On top of that, a friend who used to work there actively discouraged me from ever trying the food again and said that all of it is nasty. So this Chick-fil-a thing is completely irrelevant to my personal life. However, the funniest thing about all this is how absolutely shittastic that the restaurant's PR guys have been from the beginning, starting from the CEO's comments about homosexuality. How can you maintain profits if you make statements alienating a portion of the population? It's hilarious, it's like the CEO never thinks of the business when they express their opinion.

If eating shitty high calorie food is more important than equal rights for your fellow Americans, than you certainty have your priorities wrong.

This

Also, the odds that it was a PR person are approximately none. The fact that they said "my friend went there three weeks ago and there were no toys" virtually instantly disqualifies it from being from an employee - even the dumbest of the dumb would never say a blatant lie for their company because they could be busted easily.
Orrrr it could have been a PR person because they knew they could never get caught because of people who think like you.

If you're really worried about what restaurant owners are willing to publicly reveal about themselves, you should REALLY think about the stuff they aren't telling you.

tl;dr McDonald's CEO is into BDSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)