Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
All of Mewtwo's Stats except Defense and SpD is above 100. Even Defense and SpD are 90. If Mew is the other MEvo, it's a huge step down.
I think what he meant was the prominent theory that the leaker saw two creatures he thought were different Mewtwo formes, but that one of them actually was a mega Mew. It doesn't fit very well with that Smash segment, though...

I think we should rule out a few pokemon from getting Megas, specifically Farfetch'd, Latios, Latias, and Marowak. Obviously, these lines already have their own species-specific item, and I doubt GF would introduce another with a different effect.
That is, unless GameFreak goes all-in crazy and Soul Dew IS the Lati@s Mega Stone. Same with other species items. Unlikely, since it looks like it would have to be Latianite or whetever, but until we know in a month we can't be sure.

That is, unless GameFreak goes all-in crazy and Soul Dew IS the Lati@s Mega Stone. Same with other species items. Unlikely, since it looks like it would have to be Latianite or whetever, but until we know in a month we can't be sure.
Don't forget Lationite.
How about we just call it Lati@nite? Yes I am honestly scraping the bottom of the barrel this much.

Hmm.. interesting. I think it was mentioned that the 'second' attack will only do half the damage. But I don't know how non-damaging moves will work. Then again, seeing as how Roar always goes last, someone could switch in with a Fighting type and KO before you could land the 'second' Roar.
"WAY old but I'm pretty sure MKhan hits twice with the same power with Parental Bond. I noticed the first hit on Conk left it with 82/172 HP, followed by a hit that knockes it out. For the second hit to be half base power/ damage dealt would involve some serious min/max damage."

I bet Arceus will get one.

heh
MegaArceus with the ability Unstable, changes type every turn.

MegaArceus with the ability Unstable, changes type every turn.
As a neat add-on to this ability, if you enter your phone number into your Trainer Card, you'll get 50 voice messages from Arceus every time you turn the game off.

"Hi, Water MegaArceus here, just checking to see how you are, you haven't asked me to use Judgment for 5 whole minutes, are we ok?"
"Hi, Electric MegaArceus here, do you still find me uber-beautiful?"

etc.

The problem here is that there has not been a Japanese event for them. Promomons tends to at least be NA and Japan.
And more relevantly: They haven't said anything. The Dialga event just ended, even.
If any/all are important, they always say something about it. "Head to your participating gamestop and get your Shiny Dialga, Palka, and Giratina, and then transport them to XY to unlock something special!" or something like that

Like how they advertised Arceus, Pikachu Colored Pichu, Genesect, Keldeo, Regigigas, etc

So how about a little 'Dex discussion?

In the past, GF has included the pokemon they planned to give out as events in the regional pokedex. I could be wrong, but that was the main reason for including Manaphy in DP, both Mew and Celebi in HGSS, B2W2's Genesect, etc. With them already having plans to release an event Torchic, I think it's reasonable that they'd include it in the regional dex for Kalos, and that would mean that Treecko and Mudkip are somehow available as well. I could be way off here, but it's plausible.

So how about a little 'Dex discussion?

In the past, GF has included the pokemon they planned to give out as events in the regional pokedex. I could be wrong, but that was the main reason for including Manaphy in DP, both Mew and Celebi in HGSS, B2W2's Genesect, etc. With them already having plans to release an event Torchic, I think it's reasonable that they'd include it in the regional dex for Kalos, and that would mean that Treecko and Mudkip are somehow available as well. I could be way off here, but it's plausible.
BW2 had a Piplup event at launch in Japan
Platinum had Regigigas & Shaymin events but even the updated Sinnoh Dex didn't have them

So I mean I guess it's still possible but seems kind of unlikely, maybe?

I'd really like to see a demonstration of regimens in Super Training and how to use training bags. How many bags do you get after a regimen is completed? Does the score accumulated during a regimen become factored into a value for the number of bags earned, or is it always a set number of bags after each game? What do you have to do during core training to target certain stats?

:D
I am SO glad that we aren't forced to use an HM slave for once
I don't get it. You didn't have to have any HM users in your party during Gen5, because all of the situations that would require one never impeded your ability to complete the main story.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't get it. You didn't have to have any HM users in your party during Gen5, because all of the situations that would require one never impeded your ability to complete the main story.
You were required to use Cut (and maybe Strength) in BW1, and you needed Surf in BW2 (don't remember if you needed any other).

You were required to use Cut (and maybe Strength) in BW1, and you needed Surf in BW2 (don't remember if you needed any other).
For the sake of the main story? I do remember that Cut was needed for the Dreamyard, but Surf was also only needed for one part late game in W2, so you could have gone almost the whole game with no HM slaves >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)