Unofficial UUs (Read Post #13) (don't post bugs here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my mistake it was Pseudo and not Sudo
No the mistake was you thought that mattered in a battle. (not being mean/sarcastic, just the truth)

Also lol Terrakion barely making OU while something Like Klefki/Skarm (bad HP, outclassed aside from spikes) are so high

I have played and a watched a couple matches and my impressions so far are that kyurem-b and keldeo are easily the kings of uu. Kyurem has that monstrous 700 bst which gives it huge mixed offensive stats and a bulk that far surpasses even defensive pokemons. Keldeo has that stupid 108 speed, excellent water/fight coverage, secret sword to bust special walls and 129 special attack. Latias is pretty good due to that massive special bulk and great defensive typing. It can easily check the above kings and is a general pain to switch into. Deoxys-s is pretty much guaranted sr+spikes atm since pratically no one is using anti-hazard strategies. Defog, rapid spin, prankster taunt, absolutely nothing. It really is much better in uu than it is in ou and he is already s rank there so thats really saying something. Haxorus is garbage, pathetical bulk prevents it from setupping and any choice sets are completely outclassed by kyurem. The metagame is really offensive right now, theres absolutely no room for mistakes. If you give kyurem a free sub he is going to destroy you, if you give bisharp a free swords dance he is going to destroy you and so on. With the likes of heatran, skarmory, ferrothorn and venusaur locked in ou i really cant see defensive teams working well. There simply is no reason to even bother trying, offense is just so good in this tier it makes ou look slow. That said i am pretty sure a lot of these threats are going to rise to ou in a few months so the current meta we have is not going to last for long, which is good as it is extremely unbalanced imo.

Who wouldve thought, charizard getting banned from uu
Only the mega versions of Charizard. As has been said already in this thread (though without certainty), Pokemon that have mega evolutions in OU are going to be tested separate from their mega stones. I don't imagine TTar dropping down without his mega stone, but the likes of non-mega Charizard almost definitely will.
EDIT: Seems that "I'm not 100% on this" was very truthful. Ignore me.

As far as how the metagame looks right now... it's actually quite enjoyable. I'm finding a lot of things that are incredibly fun to use, and also some things that are pretty mindless. I've tried out Thundurus-T, Kyurem-B, Keldeo, and Staraptor (figuring they're most likely going sooner rather than later), and it's actually been surprising. Thundurus and Keldeo haven't actually been that useful to me, while Kyurem-B and Staraptor have been incredibly powerful and easy to use. I can see them finding their way onto many, many teams. Bisharp has been a massive powerhouse as well, and it basically acts as a means of stopping Sticky Web from going down unless the user of Sticky Web wants to lose.

In terms of things that have been rolling over me... it's almost impossible to defensively check Mega Heracross. It has amazing coverage, insane power, and probably can OHKO about 80% of the metagame without any boosting moves. Absolute max defense Cofagrigus is probably the closest it gets, but even then, it can take up to 42% from Bullet Seed, not including the 5 chances for crits (if it's running no defense EVs and a neutral nature, it can actually be 2HKOed). If anything is going to over-centralize the meta, it'll be Heracross. Things will die every time Mega Heracross gets a free switch in. And it's more than bulky enough to take weaker hits and totally annihilate in return. When there's a Heracross on the other team, you need to be very careful to not let it come in on anything it can outspeed and kill.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm going to clear up a misconception that's been floating around.

A Mega Evolution cannot be OU. The base Pokemon is OU, and the stone is an item it can hold. Outside of sending a stone to Ubers/BL, a Mega Evolution cannot be tiered separately from its base form. That would be like Marowak ending up in RU by usage and then allowing Marowak without Thick Club in NU.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
In terms of things that have been rolling over me... it's almost impossible to defensively check Mega Heracross. It has amazing coverage, insane power, and probably can OHKO about 80% of the metagame without any boosting moves. Absolute max defense Cofagrigus is probably the closest it gets, but even then, it can take up to 42% from Bullet Seed, not including the 5 chances for crits (if it's running no defense EVs and a neutral nature, it can actually be 2HKOed). If anything is going to over-centralize the meta, it'll be Heracross. Things will die every time Mega Heracross gets a free switch in. And it's more than bulky enough to take weaker hits and totally annihilate in return. When there's a Heracross on the other team, you need to be very careful to not let it come in on anything it can outspeed and kill.
Nidoqueen has always been the bane of all Heracross, and its Mega form is no exception. Bullet Seed is only a 2HKO (and barely) while Nidoqueen 2HKOes back with Fire Blast; and since Nidoqueen is faster, Mega Heracross will always lose unless Nidoqueen switches directly in on a Bullet Seed (unlikely). Besides, Mega Heracross's Swords Dance sets (arguably its best one) almost never carry Bullet Seed, which lets Nidoqueen flat-out wall Heracross, and if they DO run Bullet Seed, then they will be walled by pretty much every semi-bulky Flying-type.

Anyway, here's another gem of a Pokemon that I've been using:

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin / Ice Beam

Mega Blastoise is the textbook definition of a tank; with excellent 79 / 130 / 115 defenses and base 135 Special Attack combined with a pure Water typing, it's not hard to see why Mega Blastoise is so effective. Furthermore, it gained two crucial coverage moves in XY as well as an awesome ability to utilize them in its Mega form. Mega Launcher-boosted Dark Pulse 2HKOes Latias (also has a good chance to OHKO after SR) and Aura Sphere 2HKOes Kyurem-B (guaranteed after Stealth Rock). Furthermore, Blastoise is incredibly hard to kill without super effective moves and will leave the opposing Pokemon crippled even if it does manage to defeat it due to its impeccable coverage. Rapid Spin is honestly a filler move due to Defog being MUCH better, but there really isn't anything else Blastoise can really use in that spot, plus, Blastoise easily gets past both Jellicent and Chandelure, two of the most common spinblockers (lol) in the tier atm. I guess you can use Ice Beam in place of Rapid Spin, but Ice Beam's main targets, Nidoqueen, Latias, and Hydreigon, are hit harder by Blastoise's other moves anyway. However, Ice Beam does have use against the likes of Roserade, Zygarde, and Haxorus, all of which can't OHKO Blastoise while it can OHKO them with SR, so it's still a good option. The EV spread makes sure Blastoise isn't OHKOed by Mega Manectric's Thunderbolt or Kyurem-B's Fusion Bolt granted SR is off the field; Blastoise can then proceed to OHKO them with very little residual damage, although it will be crippled afterwards. Maximum Speed and a Timid nature can be used to outspeed Bisharp and dispose of it with Aura Sphere since Blastoise is never OHKOed by Sucker Punch and is a great switch-in to Knock Off, however, Bisharp can defeat Blastoise with the combination of Knock Off + Sucker Punch if it gets high damage rolls, so the former EV spread is preferred for me. I always pair Blastoise up with the likes of Thundurus-T, since Thundy-T can switch into all of Blastoise's weaknesses and proceed to set up on them; furthermore, Blastoise can easily dispose of Weavile, which is the bane of all sweeping Thundurus-T. However, the core is exploitable by Roserade if Blastoise doesn't run Ice Beam. All in all, Mega Blastoise is an excellent tank and my favorite Mega Pokemon to use in UU atm, so I highly recommend it to all of you :)

| 412 | Shaymin-Sky | 0.009% |

gj guys, at this rate we'll sneak shaymin-s into NU
I didn't see anyone creste a list of pokemon that have dropped, so i will make one. These are the previous ou and ubers pokemon that dropped(hope i didn't miss any):
Celebi, Dugtrio, Gastrodon, Haxorous, Hippowdon, Hydregion, Jellicent, Jolteon, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Latias, Magnetzone, Metagross, Ninetales, Politoed, Reuniclus, Toxicroak, Vaporeon, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S, Manaphy, Tornadus-T and Thunderus-T, Shaymin-S and basically all the BLs
Before people actually believe they can use Shaymin-S in OU, its fucking Uber. Shaymin, on the otherhand, is legal.

| 358 | Magikarp | 0.025% |
| 412 | Shaymin-Sky | 0.009% |

What is the usage cutoff between tiers? Like what is the % that a Pokemon has to be below to be in UU, or above to be in OU?

So here's what I did:

Step one: Rename my "Gen OU Team" into "UU Beta team"
Step two: Replace Terrakion with Mega Absol

Laddered ~1750 in no time. Keldeo is absolutely amazing, and in the many matches I have played, I have yet to see a single weather team.

I have to say, the metagame is extremely offensive, the only good Deffoger is Crobat, and my team posses massive offensive pressure that it can't Defog, nor can Mega Blastiose even Rapid Spin.

So here's what I did:

Step one: Rename my "Gen OU Team" into "UU Beta team"
Step two: Replace Terrakion with Mega Absol

Laddered ~1750 in no time. Keldeo is absolutely amazing, and in the many matches I have played, I have yet to see a single weather team.

I have to say, the metagame is extremely offensive, the only good Deffoger is Crobat, and my team posses massive offensive pressure that it can't Defog, nor can Mega Blastiose even Rapid Spin.
And yet you were one usage slot away from not even needed to change that Terrakion...
Latias, I've found, is also a good Defogger, and it isn't that hard to find a hole in which it can get rid of hazards. Including when the hazards are still being set up.

Unrelated- I've found some serious inconsistencies in the ladder. I've only played 10 matches and won 8 of them, which puts me at around a 1660 ACRE, but I've seen players that are 7-7 or 8-6 with ratings far above 1800. I understand there's the potential that they've only played very strong opponents and I've only played weak ones, but I've beaten at least a few guys north of 1700 and I can't imagine they've only been facing people rated close to 1850. I'll be playing more to see if it works itself out at all, but right now it seems rather bugged. Might be related to Hogapen sitting atop OU by barely winning more than losing, but who knows.

^ True
Also;

| 88 | Malamar | 1.945% |
| 89 | Umbreon | 1.820% |
| 90 | Crobat | 1.802% |
| 91 | Hippowdon | 1.778% |
| 92 | Arcanine | 1.774% |
| 93 | Crawdaunt | 1.719% |
| 94 | Rotom-Heat | 1.665% |
| 95 | Aggron | 1.598% |
| 96 | Zapdos | 1.582% |
| 97 | Porygon2 | 1.530% |

Malmar has more usage than all of these pokemons?!?! I srsly didn't see this coming.

in other news i've been trying out scarf victini

the amount of things v-create/bolt strike shits over is not even funny

also bolt strike happens to nail keldeo because nobody runs scarf keldeo (so people trying to revenge lose that option rofl)

252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 246-289 (62.7 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(246, 247, 250, 253, 256, 259, 262, 265, 268, 271, 274, 277, 280, 283, 286, 289)

pretty funny stuff, kyub cannot switch into victini and gets raped horribly under the sun, rocks + 1 spike guarantee a victini rape

(also final gambit murders kyub after SR, useful weapon is useful)

it's funny because even bisharp can get screwed over (sucker punch on a switch, or pursuit on a v-create). not to mention that bisharp already has massive 4mss trying to cram iron head, swords dance, knock off, sucker punch, pursuit and brick break on his moveset

tldr victini still useful shit 2hkoes almost everything

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bisharp doesn't really have 4MSS; all it needs in its good old SD set is Sucker Punch, Iron Head, Knock Off, and Swords Dance. Since Steel doesn't resist Dark anymore a Fighting-type move isn't really needed at all for Bisharp this gen. SD sets don't need Pursuit either since Bisharp's only goal should be sweeping, not trapping. Either way though, Bisharp is currently an absolute beast in this meta and I'm loving it atm.

Sun might be a playable strategy due to Mega Houndoom being available, I can see the dog doing well on sun teams thanks to Solar Power and an absurd Special Attack. That Scarf Victini could also perform well on Sun teams since V-Create in sun is stupid, and Bolt Strike hits Water-types pretty hard, screw Politoed and Kabutops. With rain and Stealth Rock around though Sun might be rather hard to utilize.

As for that Malamar, I think that usage is because people are hyping up Contrary Superpower. Malamar really isn't that great though, it doesn't have amazing stats, and its defensive typing sucks, being Bug weak with no resists at all is pretty terrible.

one of the things i've been using to deal with bisharp though (it's surprisingly big, not so much as kyub level obviously but still very big) is cobalion. pretty underrated guy, has a decent ton of bulk and deals with bisharp very nicely. too bad it gets crapped all over by entei though :(

scarf victini is pretty funny because it wrecks quite a whole lot of things, and it can potentially pull off 2 v-creates consecutively since most people send in things slower than base 100 to revenge it (gets destroyed instead by another v-c). maybe i've been fighting pretty bad players, so yeah =/

staples such as LO roserade still works pretty well, leaf storm packs a real bunch, and the spikes set is annoying. spikes being illegal with sleep powder and leaf storm was one of the bigger issues roserade had last gen, so having that problem finally resolved for gen6 means roserade is arguably one of the best spikers in the tier. (not like this is even relevant with fucking deoxys and deoxys and more deoxys...)

If bisharp ends up rising to OU, and kyurem ends up getting banned as some people are saying, defensive teams could end up being pretty good in UU. They will surely miss megavenusaur, heatran and skarmory, but you have stuff like chansey, hippo gourgheist, slowbro, jelicent, mega blastoise, deoxys d, dusclops, latias, gastrodon, zapdos, suicune (IMO an underated beast able to sweep unprepared teams) etc. Basically 75% or more of the pokemon that are good in OU stall are usable in UU.

There is no shortage of stall teams that are doing fine in OU whose team members are mostly UU. (Here and here for examples). Considering the fact that that the things that get banned are usually powerfull sweepers and not defensive pokes, it seems like post bans stall could be the name of the game in sixth gen UU.

Last edited:
If bisharp ends up rising to OU, and kyurem ends up getting banned as some people are saying, defensive teams could end up being pretty good in UU. They will surely miss megavenusaur, heatran and skarmory, but you have stuff like chansey, hippo gourgheist, slowbro, jelicent, mega blastoise, deoxys d, dusclops, latias, gastrodon, zapdos, suicune (IMO an underated beast able to sweep unprepared teams) etc. Basically 75% or more of the pokemon that are good in OU stall are usable in UU.

There is no shortage of stall teams that are doing fine in OU whose team members are mostly UU. (Here and here for examples). Considering the fact that that the things that get banned are usually powerfull sweepers and not defensive pokes, it seems like post bans stall could be the name of the game in sixth gen UU.
I've been running stall, and the biggest threat I've seen so far is Mega Absol. Magic Bounce is the bane of statuses and hazards everywhere. Of course, Kyurem-B and the like still can kill you, but something like Cofagrigus can beat it (and I have).

weather offense will probably be a bigger thing than stall. uu currently has every auto-weather mon excluding zard-Y and ttar. knock off also kicks quite a lot of these guys in the butt (chansey, slowbro, jellicent, dusclops and p2 will definitely not appreciate a knock off to the face). for most people out there, it seems much easier to use offensive cores of frogman/kingdra/torn-t/kabutops or ninetales/victini/sawsbuck/entei than stally cores like those.

of course this is still speculation and really it's only possible to see how the tier can grow without obviously ridiculous shit like kyurem-b and deoxys-s running around the area. its like gen5 uu when deoxys-d existed for nearly an entire fucking year before finally getting the boot (and then subsequently becoming uber when deoxys-s got the boot from OU ROFL). (speaking of which deoxys-d is still in UU >_>")

In terms of breaking through stall, I've also found Mega Heracross to be a beast. I've been working on compiling a list of stuff it doesn't OHKO or outspeed and 2HKO, so far I've gotten Cofagrigus and Doublade (and to some extent Dusclops, but please, don't use Dusclops). Being able to fire off 125 base power coverage moves with 185 base attack is absolutely mental, and it's just a fantastic way to solve any and all problems that a team might have will stall. While last gen, everyone was worried about how even fighting-type STABs weren't killing Chansey, Mega Heracross cleanly OHKOs it with Close Combat and even 2HKOs it with Pin Missile, even when Chansey is running absolute max defense.
Of course, Mega Heracross isn't great for offensive momentum in a metagame with some very fast birds and dragons roaming around, but I don't see stall really working out when there's a Mega Heracross to deal with.

Not that that's a bad thing. I liked the almost entirely offensive nature of Gen V UU, and I personally think stall is boring and no fun to play. At least in terms of my personal enjoyment, the less stall, the better.

My advice, after years of competitive Pokemon among multiple generations is:

Use the broken stuff as long as you can.

this. seriously, make a team of scarf kyu-b, specs keldeo, deoxys-D to set up hazards, maybe a politoed for some drizzle, and a filler of your choice and watch the other teams crumble

once UU gets the bans sorted out, it should be a fun meta

Politoad is not as good as it seems, only Specs Politoad is worth it, but rain duration is only 5 turns, furthermore, the metagame is extremely offensive, to an extent that my Chansey is being 2HKO-ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)