Unofficial UUs (Read Post #13) (don't post bugs here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ True
Also;

| 88 | Malamar | 1.945% |
| 89 | Umbreon | 1.820% |
| 90 | Crobat | 1.802% |
| 91 | Hippowdon | 1.778% |
| 92 | Arcanine | 1.774% |
| 93 | Crawdaunt | 1.719% |
| 94 | Rotom-Heat | 1.665% |
| 95 | Aggron | 1.598% |
| 96 | Zapdos | 1.582% |
| 97 | Porygon2 | 1.530% |

Malmar has more usage than all of these pokemons?!?! I srsly didn't see this coming.
I'm surprised at Crawdaunt, but not surprised that a gimmick sweeper is getting more usage than utility mons

I'm surprised at Crawdaunt, but not surprised that a gimmick sweeper is getting more usage than utility mons
New pokemon are always going to get a bit more usage because people are trying them out. Crawdaunt is very powerful, I think a lot of people don't realise it's potential. But what shocks me more is a pokemon a few down from it:

| 99 | Tornadus-Therian | 1.490% |

Seriously a Uber pokemon this low. 0.0

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: I could probably use some help getting into this tier; I'd appreciate it if anyone can give me some tips. Thanks!
Alright, so now for some actual advice:

When starting out in a tier, you need to identify how it functions, common strategies that are used, and what works, and then teambuild accordingly; afterwards, it just depends on your skill level of using your team and how good you are at predicting. In XY UU, offense is the face of the metagame, and Pokemon such as Kyurem-B, Latias, and Keldeo are ruling teams. Rain teams are also very common and extremely dangerous, with Politoed's Drizzle ability and Swift Swim users such as Kingdra, Kabutops, and Ludicolo ready to abuse it. Rain teams also have some overpowered threats that utilize different tactics such as Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T to abuse the weather. Offensive tanks such as Florges are also common, as they're stops to dangerous Pokemon such as Latias. Dark is currently the best typing to have in UU, which explains the popularity of Pokemon such as Bisharp and Krookodile and Pokemon that can check them such as Mega Heracross (normal Heracross also works to an extent).

So now that you have a brief idea of what works and what doesn't, you need to start teambuilding with a goal in mind, preferably have your team based around a late-game sweeper or a team style. I'll share what my most recent team was based around: Nasty Plot Thundurus-T. With that in mind, you need to pick partners that will help that sweeper by either giving it opportunities to set up or weakening things that wall it. In this case, Mega Blastoise was my pick, since it attracts Electric- and Grass-type moves, both of which Thundurus-T can switch into. Blastoise also got rid of Weavile, a rather troubling Pokemon for Thundurus-T to deal with if it's at low health. As I mentioned in my previous post, Roserade deals with this core fairly well if hazards are on the fields, as Thundurus-T cant hit it hard while Blastoise is 2HKOed (OHKOed more often than not with hazards). So my next choice would be Escavalier, which is a complete stop to Roserade and also gets rid of Pokemon such as Kyurem-B and Latias, the former of which can take a hit from Thundurus-T and OHKO it with Draco Meteor. Furthermore, Escavalier also gets rid of Choice Scarves with Knock Off, so they won't revenge kill Thundurus-T when it tries to sweep. After that, I would probably have a hazard setter like Nidoqueen, as it also deals with Pokemon such as Mega Heracross and Toxicroak and provides a switch-in to Rock-type moves that threaten Thundurus-T. Then, there should be a somewhat defensively-oriented Pokemon that can take on the likes of at least two DrizzleSwim mons well, and then a Choice Scarf/priority user of my own to revenge kill stuff. This is just an example team that I haven't really laddered with too much, so don't just c/p it, instead use it as an example of sorts. Also remember, you don't need to finalize everything on the first try, ladder with your team a bit, and if you see some holes, try to fix them.

I don't know how helpful or "correct" my advice is, so take it with a grain of salt :) Regardless, I hope I helped ^.^

Crawdaunt is actually a pretty good Pokemon, due to it having a Dark typing, which automatically makes stuff great this gen since they get STAB Knock Off. Furthermore, Crawdaunt has a high base 120 Attack, which is further complimented by a STAB priority in Aqua Jet. However, it is fairly frail, especially on the special side, and its low Speed is also a pain to deal with when Aqua Jet isn't strong enough. Due to these reasons, Crawdaunt might not end up UU, but rest assured, it has a cool niche :]

Does someone have a list of item usage on Pokemon showdown so we can see which mega evolution is being used more?

Hmm uu looks fun and kinda mad its great

Also lets not forget that at the beginning of b/w uu we had stuff like celebi deoxys d staraptor and kyrum and that all got sorted out so this will be sorted to
there was also a lt of pokes that just didnt have that much of an effect on uu that we thought would completly break it
ive seen hydragon metioned a lot in this thread and i think it would be perfectly fine down here in uu

Scolipede with deoxys speed support is a powerhouse

HP fighting on Latias is legit. I used to have Bisharp problems but I just put HP Fight on Latias. Every single Bisharp on the world wants to switch into a sweet Defog for that +2. It doesn't really "check" Bisharp in that it can't come in on Bisharp, and can't even revenge it, but it works as great bait and eliminates Bisharp early on in the match. You don't even have to predict because 99% of the time Bisharp players don't want to sucker punch a Latias they just switched into, because they're expecting a switch.

New pokemon are always going to get a bit more usage because people are trying them out. Crawdaunt is very powerful, I think a lot of people don't realise it's potential. But what shocks me more is a pokemon a few down from it:

Also shocking is really low position of Zygarde. 129 place (!) in last usage statistics, lower than something like Hawlucha or Swampert is just humilating. I really don't understand why people still underestimate this Pokemon while it's already proven that it's really strong pick once you use him in correct way. Coil set can be really hard to take down once you eliminate strong ice attacking users (and taking into account that physically it's bulkier than Hippowdon and his special bulk is nothing to scoff at as well) it may be a pain to do. Dragon Dance also isn't bad, as his natural bulk allow him to set-up on so much stuff on physical side. Also Dragon/Ground/Rock (or Ground/Rock) provide really good coverage in just those moves. While his attack stat isn't that impressive, he has enough bulk to pull off 1-2 Coils/Dragon Dances to turn in into something really impressive. Really damn good bulky attacker.

Kyu-b is probably the biggest threat imo right now. Its ability to go mixed with little ease makes it extremely threatening. Between outrage, fusion bolt, ice beam and earth power coupled with teravolt, there are few switch ins. All special walls, not named florges, are maimed by outrage. All physical walls have to watch out for ice beqm/blizzard and earth power.

I find that Gardevoir being THE anti-meta pokemon right now with this set, being capable to deal with the biggest threats in the tier.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish / Trick
- Thunderbolt / Focus Blast

Gardevoir's newfound fairy typing have really given it a new lease of life. With this set, Gardevoir can revenge sun, rain, powerful fighting and dragon types all in one. Gardevoir's ability, Trace, is the crux of this set, allowing it to trace Chlorophyll and Swift Swim from respective weathers and proceed to OHKO the opposing sweepers with its superb super effective coverage against common weather sweepers namely Kingdra, Kabutops, Shiftry etc. Trace is also handy against numerous threats such as Thundurus-T and Jolteon which have their ability going against themselves.

Moonblast is Gardevoir's main STAB, capable to outspeed and beat the most common threats in the tier namely Kyurem-B, Latias, Keldeo, Mega Medicham, Kingdra etc while being decently powerful. Psyshock is its secondary STAB, taking out Poison types that resist Moonblast as well as weakening specially bulky pokemon. Healing Wish is an incredible move for hyper offensive teams which are dominating UU as a healer and momentum grabber, giving sweepers a new lease of life after wrecking havoc once. When used well, this move can turn matches over. Trick is also an option in order to cripple walls such as Florges and Chansey. Since Gardevoir already have incredible coverage with its dual STABs, the last move is mainly filler. Thunderbolt is the main option to OHKO every swift swimmer not named Kingdra which is nailed by Moonblast, while dealing heavy damage to Slowbro and Tornadus(-T). Focus Blast is an lesser option which is capable to OHKO Bisharp on the switch as well as Sawsbuck and Mega Aggron, but is generally inferior to Thunderbolt.

I find that Gardevoir being THE anti-meta pokemon right now with this set, being capable to deal with the biggest threats in the tier.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish / Trick

Gardevoir's newfound fairy typing have really given it a new lease of life. With this set, Gardevoir can revenge sun, rain, powerful fighting and dragon types all in one. Gardevoir's ability, Trace, is the crux of this set, allowing it to trace Chlorophyll and Swift Swim from respective weathers and proceed to OHKO the opposing sweepers with its superb super effective coverage against common weather sweepers namely Kingdra, Kabutops, Shiftry etc. Trace is also handy against numerous threats such as Thundurus-T and Jolteon which have their ability going against themselves.

Moonblast is Gardevoir's main STAB, capable to outspeed and beat the most common threats in the tier namely Kyurem-B, Latias, Keldeo, Mega Medicham, Kingdra etc while being decently powerful. Psyshock is its secondary STAB, taking out Poison types that resist Moonblast as well as weakening specially bulky pokemon. Healing Wish is an incredible move for hyper offensive teams which are dominating UU as a healer and momentum grabber, giving sweepers a new lease of life after wrecking havoc once. When used well, this move can turn matches over. Trick is also an option in order to cripple walls such as Florges and Chansey. Since Gardevoir already have incredible coverage with its dual STABs, the last move is mainly filler. Thunderbolt is the main option to OHKO every swift swimmer not named Kingdra which is nailed by Moonblast, while dealing heavy damage to Slowbro and Tornadus(-T). Focus Blast is an lesser option which is capable to OHKO Bisharp on the switch as well as Sawsbuck and Mega Aggron, but is generally inferior to Thunderbolt.
This set is good since most people are expecting mega gard. My only issue is the base 80 speed. Its good but is outspeed by powerful scarfers like darmanitan victini and mienshak. But the trace is looking good though to check the swift swimmers and chloro users (although sawsbuck and kabutops are around thr same speed tier as gardvoir) ill try this set out this weekend!

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish / Trick

Pixilate Hyper Voice outdamages Moonblast and goes through Subs. I've been using a Gardevoir for a while (mega and non mega) and it does pretty well mainly because it has a good STAB and the offenses to back it up

or be cool and use Hyper Beam

Pixilate Hyper Voice outdamages Moonblast and goes through Subs. I've been using a Gardevoir for a while (mega and non mega) and it does pretty well mainly because it has a good STAB and the offenses to back it up

or be cool and use Hyper Beam
Non-mega gardevoir doesn't have pixilate.

Crawdaunt is actually a pretty good Pokemon, due to it having a Dark typing, which automatically makes stuff great this gen since they get STAB Knock Off. Furthermore, Crawdaunt has a high base 120 Attack, which is further complimented by a STAB priority in Aqua Jet. However, it is fairly frail, especially on the special side, and its low Speed is also a pain to deal with when Aqua Jet isn't strong enough. Due to these reasons, Crawdaunt might not end up UU, but rest assured, it has a cool niche :]
I said that I'm surprised at Crawdaunt being lower than Malamar, but not surprised at the others being so low. It's got its flaws but dang, nothing is safely switching in

I'll be very interested to see if weather becomes a thing in UU this generation. With access to all 4 weather types in Hippowdon, Politoed, Ninetales and Abomasnow (who got a nice mega this gen for extra enticement) UU looks like it has to the potential to be a weakened version of last gens OU. With permanent weather gone it can be very hard to keep a weather team up and running throughout a battle. 5 turns of whatever weather your team wants to utilise can be quite limiting, and if you want to extend that to 8 you need to forfeit your weather setter's item, which can be a pain. Then there is the problem of you having to continually renew your weather by sending in whatever Pokemon you are using, which can end up wearing it down quite significantly over time, and once it is gone, you are going to have to live without it.

On the other hand, combinations like Drizzle/Swift Swim, Sandstream/Sand Rush and Drought/(Chlorophyll or Solar Power) will be very strong in UU, but limited to a few turns. It sets up a very different playstyle, where will find yourself having a tough time if you lose any turns.

I don't think that a weather playstyle is anywhere near as viable in OU as what it was last gen, but may well become top end UU, but I don't find it necessarily better than non-weather teams yet.

I guess I just can't wait to see what is in stall for weather in UU :D

I said that I'm surprised at Crawdaunt being lower than Malamar, but not surprised at the others being so low. It's got its flaws but dang, nothing is safely switching in
Most of the others are more powerhouses in UU, so many people in this thread see their potential, but in OU they are often overlooked or outclassed, so I agree with you. Arcanine, Umbreon, Zapdos, Porygon2 and Crobat are all big pokemon in UU, for example, and some like porygon2 are actually really good in OU in the right team but are often overlooked. Malamar is being overused because it's a new pokemon and people want to work out if it's legit or a gimmick.

Donphan, Espeon, Galvantula, Klefki, Smeargle, Starmie, Sylveon, and Tentacruel are all OU. Meanwhile, UU now has Keldeo, Latias, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Deo-S, Deo-D, Kyurem-B, Magnezone, Manaphy, Hippowdon, and Torn-T.
Conclusion: People are literally retarded.
Donphan: Most physically bulky spinner in a heavily physical metagame. Also packs a punch
Espeon: Magic Bounce; one of the best Screeners
Galvantula: Sticky Web
Klefki: Prankster + Thunder Wave/Sub/Swagger/Spikes/Torment/Screens; has a recovery move [Draining Kiss] and a GREAT Typing
Smeargle: Baton Pass teams; Spore; Hazards
Tentacruel: Best T-Spikes setter. Hard counter to Azumarill. Good spinner.

Meanwhile:
Latias: Was hardly OU in Gen 5. Now Ageislash [Resists STABs; Shadow Sneak and Persuit are available to it]; and the Fairy Type exist. Also many special moves got nerfed; and Assult Vest exists. There was no way Latias was staying OU.
Bisharp: Is bad in general. Mega Mawile outclasses it anyway.
Hydregion: There was a bug where you couldn't have Draco Meteor for quite a while. Also a lot of it's coverage moves got nerfed; Fairy Type and Assult Vest makes it less effective.
Deo-S: People probobly think it's banned because of the Quickban of Deo-N and Deo-A.
Deo-D: Hyper-Offensive metagame. Ageislash. Removing Hazards is far easier with Defog.
Kyurem-B: Fairy Type and Ageislash hit this hard. Increase in Priority makes it tougher for it to perform. But yes; people are dumb here.
Magnezone: Dragons are less effective; so Dag+Mag is worse. Also Steel lost resistances. Like to Ghost. Ageislash is the primary Steel you would want to trap...
Manaphy: No more Perma-rain
Hippowdon: Sane is not Permament. Basically outclassed by Tyranitar. Was teetering UU before.
Torn-T: No more Perma-Rain = Hurricane Spam is no longer an option.

The only one here who seems to be mistaken is you. A lot of what you listed either is good [Seriously? People are retarded for using ESPEON in OU?]

About the only pokemon you are right on are Starmie; Keldeo; Kyurem-B, Slyveon and MAYBE Hydregion [Although he did get hit hard]. Everything else you listed as 'Why is this UU' did get a significant/massive nerf this generation. Some; like Latias; were obviously going to be UU.

Tornadus-T was a casualty of 'Ban everything to keep Drizzle in the game'. The only reason it went Uber was because of RainHurricanes. Just like Manaphy. And Swift Swim + Drizzle. And Thunderus.

Donphan: Most physically bulky spinner in a heavily physical metagame. Also packs a punch
Klefki: Prankster + Thunder Wave/Sub/Swagger/Spikes/Torment/Screens; has a recovery move [Draining Kiss] and a GREAT Typing

Meanwhile:
Latias: Was hardly OU in Gen 5. Now Ageislash [Resists STABs; Shadow Sneak and Persuit are available to it]; and the Fairy Type exist. Also many special moves got nerfed; and Assult Vest exists. There was no way Latias was staying OU.
Hydregion: There was a bug where you couldn't have Draco Meteor for quite a while. Also a lot of it's coverage moves got nerfed; Fairy Type and Assult Vest makes it less effective.
Deo-S: People probobly think it's banned because of the Quickban of Deo-N and Deo-A.
Deo-D: Hyper-Offensive metagame. Ageislash. Removing Hazards is far easier with Defog.
Kyurem-B: Fairy Type and Ageislash hit this hard. Increase in Priority makes it tougher for it to perform. But yes; people are dumb here.
Magnezone: Dragons are less effective; so Dag+Mag is worse. Also Steel lost resistances. Like to Ghost. Ageislash is the primary Steel you would want to trap...
Hippowdon: Sane is not Permament. Basically outclassed by Tyranitar. Was teetering UU before.

The only one here who seems to be mistaken is you. A lot of what you listed either is good [Seriously? People are retarded for using ESPEON in OU?]

About the only pokemon you are right on are Starmie; Keldeo; Kyurem-B, Slyveon and MAYBE Hydregion [Although he did get hit hard]. Everything else you listed as 'Why is this UU' did get a significant/massive nerf this generation. Some; like Latias; were obviously going to be UU.

Tornadus-T was a casualty of 'Ban everything to keep Drizzle in the game'. The only reason it went Uber was because of RainHurricanes. Just like Manaphy. And Swift Swim + Drizzle. And Thunderus.
No.

Donphan: Joke

Espeon: Offensive Espeon is sort of the only thing worth using unless you really need dual screens, and it doesn't have a big movepool.

Galvantula: Sticky Web is cool, just better in theory then in practice.

Klefki: Just annoying. Draining Kiss isn't a recovery move you're recovering like 30hp lol

Smeargle: Obvious flaws

Tentacruel: Not a hard counter to Azumarill, if you really waste a slot for Sludge Bomb, you lose a ton of utility and most likely do not OHKO

-----

Latias: Very good SubCM user in Gen 5. Usage stats are basically lol because ladder. It may have been hit but is still ok, shouldn't drop specifically because of those things (Psyshock vs Assault Vest)

Bisharp: got so much better this gen and was sort of close to the cutoff. Dark is such a great offensive typing (dont talk about fairires cause like 4 are viable)

Hydreigon: How does Showdown not updating moves make the Pokemon worse? The actual game exists.

Deo-S: Then they're retarded

Deo-D: Maybe, but it can set up again with Dual Hazards, Recover, and any 4th move

Kyurem-B: Banded Kyurem-B OHKOs anything that doesn't resist it (well, almost)

Magnezone: Analytic exists. It's an amazing ability that gives it many OHKOs (also lol OHKOing a Rotom on a switch)

Manaphy: Tail Glow exists

Hippowdon: Does TTar have reliable recovery? Or amazing physical bulk? No. Hippo is still a very good wall.

Torn-T: So give Toed a Damp Rock

-----

Feel free to disagree with me on any of these.

Edit: Lol I forgot the joke (Donphan)

Last edited:
I won't even bother touching Donphan as Colonel M very recently (page 52, post #1286) on why it is hella inferior in the current OU Meta and you'd be far better off using Excadrill, M-Blastoise or Starmie.

You can't list Sticky Web as a positive for Galvantula then pass off Deo-D with one of the reasons being Defog. Especially considering Sticky Web while okay isn't spectacular. Especially in a meta filled with Flying-types, Levitate, Pokemon that don't mind too much a -1 Speed Drop, Defoggers, and Bisharp.

Smeargle. I rather just use Deo-S or Galvantula.

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead

Meanwhile:

I would counter every argument, but dbzmariogeno already did so spectacularly. I'll summarize it simply by saying that the OU mons I mentioned are gimmicky, outclassed, or simply are bad. The UU mons I mentioned are all fantastic mons that do excellent in OU-excellent, meaning, top tier, A or higher-ranked threats (bar maybe Magnezone and Deo-D). And to your "people are retarded for using Espeon in OU?", I would say yes, but there's bigger retards who use fagkey, so I guess Espeon can at least do that right. Also, Kyurem-B and Manaphy obviously going to be UU, lol

Also Ambipom. But I digress.

The tier as it is could potentially theoretically work, but it needs to be separated from the likes of Arcanine, Gligar, Registeel, Swampert, etc... So, either make BL an official tier, or move 50% of UU to RU.
It really looks like every generation shifts all the tiers downwards. I have a feeling RU will collect all the defensive aspects of last gen's UU, while UU will be extremely offensive. That way, the tiers will really differentiate themselves and define themselves as something other than banlists (aka : OU is for bulky offense, UU is for hyper offense, RU is for stall)

You know what? Things seem pretty good for the Gen VI metagame after all!
RU even more defensive? Hurray!

^ Do not run sub on belly drum slurpuff. Use Flamethrower instead for the steel coverage. -Rykard (lol I'm a noob and don't know how to use reply xD)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a pretty interesting suggestion, but with Ferrothorn not in this tier there's really no reason to run Flamethrower imo. If I have enough trouble I'll look into it, but I like how Substitute protects Slurpuff from status and other attacks considering that it's pretty frail. Also, the things that Flamethrower hits (Roserade, Steel types etc) can either take a lot of hits from Slurpuff and threaten him out or just get outright OHKO'd by +6 Return/Play Rough.
Registeel tho. But sub is also very viable, i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)