Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't belive i missed this. I want Beloved Tomboyish Ninetails fanart (9) minutes ago!

Also: On Paper which Oricorio do y'all think looks the best? I kind of think thay Electric/Flying and Ghost/Flying have the best typings. Speaking of... Is this the first Ghost-Type that actually looks alive?
Great now I can't thank away the jazzy fighting game remix out of my head....

I'm like 90% sure that the Yellow Tauros is another Alola form. Maybe electric type because Gamefreak likes to play on phrases and they could play on "charging bull."

Exeggutor's new typing & form change is awesome. I think we might see some stat distribution changes.

Like others, I feel it would be neat if Ninetales and Vulpix kept opposite forms of their HA. It will be interesting to see if all Alola born old Pokemon will strictly be these types. Perhaps the new forms will be Kanto-only, to give greater importance to RBY transfer.

Also. It's so cool you can ride a Charizard.

Watching these trailers, while I was getting very hyped, the other half of me was yelling;
'

Constantly.

I'm just so excited, this is amazing. I especially like new forms for older Pokemon, which like megas could bring the light on to lesser known ones. Everyone is going to know Exeggutor now, and Ninetails is going to be loved even more.

I really like Lurantis, I've secretly wanted another Praying Mantis Pokemon for a while now and it's perfect. Oricorio is also pretty cool and I'll probably end up using one.

Yungoos/Gumshoos are obviously Trump now though, just look at Gumshoos.

On the other hand, I might name mine Dick Gumshoe after one of my favorite Ace Attorney characters.

So wait, Oricorio's dance is counted as a separate action other than the move it uses on your turn?
Think of it how defog works on defiant on triples even if the user moved already it's going to get 3 tries to rise its attack or more if you aim at the ally

View attachment 66377
It seems like those starter leaks are pretty much confirmed.
BARA TIGER CONFIRMED

Damn, I wasn't even planning on picking Litten, but that's disappointing. Oh well. At least Rowlet stayed awesome. It's got an Assassin's Creed vibe to it. Though I'm also liking Popplio's final form. I've wanted a mermaid pokemon for a while now. Now I'm conflicted lol

This makes me think they didn't think through everything with Z moves...

An even more WTF example is Inferno Overdrive Ludicolo.
Pokémon SM Official website said:
There are two conditions for performing Z-Moves: a Pokémon must learn a move of the same type as a Z-Crystal, and it must be holding the corresponding Z-Crystal.
So no stupid things like this.

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
BARA TIGER CONFIRMED

Damn, I wasn't even planning on picking Litten, but that's disappointing. Oh well. At least Rowlet stayed awesome. It's got an Assassin's Creed vibe to it. Though I'm also liking Popplio's final form. I've wanted a mermaid pokemon for a while now. Now I'm conflicted lol
mermaid Pokemon exist: Vaporeon

Ludicolo learns Fire Punch and Sunny Day (and Hidden Power Fire).
So Inferno Overdrive Ludicolo is a thing. And I just checked Heatran learns Solar Beam, so nevermind me, Bloom Doom Heatran is a thing as well..

Btw, on another note, I noticed something interesting in the website, where they talk about the Totem Pokémon:

Sophisticated Combos in SOS Battles
When Totem Pokémon battle, they summon ally Pokémon to join them. With the support of these allies, the Totem Pokémon become even more powerful. And it seems that Pokémon other than Totem Pokémon sometimes call on allies to aid them.
Bold by me. That can mean when you're almost beating a Pokémon in a 1 on 1 battle, they might call for backups, and them you'll be facing a two on one battle against two random wild Pokémon. Imagine what hell you could be through if both of them happen to be shiny or one is a shiny and the other is a rare Pokémon in the route. That could be neat.

"Why is Alola Exeggutor Grass/Dragon type?" Power Swap. Back in 4th gen, I had a Sunny Day Doubles team with Exeggutor: It would use Leaf Storm, then Power Swap to simultaneously give its lowered SpAtk to an opponent and restore its own SpAtk. Sometimes it would also be passing off Intimidate debuffs or stealing Swords Dances or whatever. Good times. Anyway, Alola Exeggutor can most likely have both Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor, making this little gimmick far more versatile. That's likely the idea here.

"Why is Alola Sandslash Ice/Steel type?" Ice Ball + Gyro Ball. This is less certain, since Alola Sandshrew's description says it can't roll itself into a ball, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could still learn Defense Curl, Ice Ball, and Gyro Ball anyway, since it can curl itself into that spinning curling stone as seen in the trailer. And if the description's correct about its Speed being lower than Sandslash's, that's another boost for Gyro Ball on top of STAB.

I'm not saying that these gimmicks will necessarily be competitively viable, but I'm pretty sure this is GameFreak's line of thinking. It's similar to how lots of the 6th-gen mega-evolutions tried to push a specific gimmick, like Volt Switch Mega Manectric, Me First Mega Absol, and Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Pin Missile Mega Heracross.

I have no idea if Mega Ninetales has such a gimmick. Any ideas?

Regarding Oricorio, I personally think Sensu-Style has the most potential. Ghost/Flying's three immunities can distinguish it from the overall better defensive typing of Pom-Pom-Style, and it seems like the type to have decent supporting moves. Also, I can't help but wonder if the Styles will have differing learnsets, like Male and Female Meowstic.

Looking at the conditions for Z-Moves...I just auto-assumed it had to be your type but I can't find anything saying it has to match your type. They have to have done this, they can't be that stupid right?

Reactions: JES

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Actually...
View attachment 66361

HP is probably the same, but their other stats will differ.
Hmm, hadn't checked the main site. I'll take it with a pinch of salt though, remembering Escavalier.

As for more speculation:
Official site said:
Unlike other Exeggutor, the Alolan Exeggutor has a fourth head—on its tail! This fourth head controls the tail independently and can take on opponents to the rear that can’t be reached by the main heads’ attacks.
Parental bond HA Egg confirmed?

also am I the only one sad that Yungoos doesn't evolve into Olgoos?

I honestly see this Z boost as amazing in VGC since it's only 4 mons (but protect against a z boost, that would suck lol) but in OU....I just don't see sacking an item would be good for anybody in the long run, I can only see it on tanks who don't need an item like Hippowdon and maybe defensive Landorus-T. It wouldn't be anything more but a lure for everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)