SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Well, at this point, if we want to know something relevant it's going to be through datamining. I can't believe that someone has access to the game and "the leak" it provides is this

1667925256419.png

I'd be even better with a little bit more zoom in one of the teeth, for example, so we are able to see only white. Just start tacking pics of everything in Full HD with any of your mobile cameras, and when you have like 200 pics of everything in great detail, maps, Pokémon, etc, dump them in imgur and delete all your accounts. That's all, easy. THAT is a leak.

I havent seen the new trailer so idk if this comes from there, but it doesnt matter, the point stands.

I love when I see an update on a fake leak that I didn't even know about

a whole world of separate speculation out there

Well, at this point, if we want to know something relevant it's going to be through datamining. I can't believe that someone has access to the game and "the leak" it provides is this

View attachment 463336

I'd be even better with a little bit more zoom in one of the teeth, for example, so we are able to see only white. Just start tacking pics of everything in Full HD with any of your mobile cameras, and when you have like 200 pics of everything in great detail, maps, Pokémon, etc, dump them in imgur and delete all your accounts. That's all, easy. THAT is a leak.

I havent seen the new trailer so idk if this comes from there, but it doesnt matter, the point stands.
This is from Khu or Kaka, they had access to what I assume are developer/playtester builds (the weird stains and crops on other photos because there's like build watermarks or something). So even if they WEREN'T obsessed with the riddler aesthetic and dragign along reveals there probably is actual reasons why they, specifically, don't just photograph things willynilly (and why photos dropped off hard in general)

meanwhile people who have the game just be like: check out these birds! and nothing else

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Miraidonphan's face is really weird to me for some reason. EYesare a little too close togrther for the design to work imo.

Dunno how it sees anything when its trunk is also right in front of its eyes
I've toyed with an idea of making an "impractically designed Pokémon" article for The Flying Press. This design provides more fodder for such an article. Other examples are Alolan Golem, whose arms are too short to reach absolutely anything, or Tapu Koko, which has the least practical hands in the franchise so far. I'll get around to that one day ...

In other news, I find it quite impressive that Nintendo managed to shut down the leakers entirely. I had assumed it was all over yesterday, but suddenly every single source went dark. Gotta wonder if they're still playing and collecting pictures for a big sudden dump, or if they're genuinely scared into silence.

In other news, I find it quite impressive that Nintendo managed to shut down the leakers entirely. I had assumed it was all over yesterday, but suddenly every single source went dark. Gotta wonder if they're still playing and collecting pictures for a big sudden dump, or if they're genuinely scared into silence.
I mean, twitter isn't "really" anonymous. The IPs you access from are tracked for most socials, so unless the leakers were clever enough to ONLY send pictures via vpn / from cafes... the police can reach you.

And Nintendo doesn't fuck around when it comes to this stuff. I can definitely see actual legal threats being sent about them right away.

...ofc there's also option B that they're just waiting to come back, but i can 100% believe that legal action was taken.

So, with the Paradox Donphan semi-reveal, I'd indulge in a little speculation.
If the interpretation of the leaker's info is correct, Koraidonphan will be Ground/Fighting and Miraidonphan will be Ground/Electric. I feel like the latter will actually have greater competitive viability. Ground and Fighting are the most offensive typings in the game, but they don't really synergize very well. Not only do your double your weaknesses, but your STABs are both resisted by Flying and Bug, and your STABs overlap on both Rock and Steel targets. That being said, you still hit Normal, Fire, Electric, Ice, Poison, Rock, Dark, and Steel all super-effectively. Meanwhile Miraidon's Ground/Electric Ground hits most things resisted by Electric.
As for stats, I think Koraidonphan is almost certainly going to reflect Donphan's stat alignment, which is pretty typical of both Ground and Fighting types. Miraidon however has a broader range of possibilities. It could bring a lot of speed, and it could even potentially switch its statline to be more special-oriented. The latter would probably help its usability more than anything, given the dearth of physical electric moves.
Fanart credit goes to @thelastshaymin
FhDaYheXwAURdzt.jpg

Fanart credit goes to @thelastshaymin

So, with the Paradox Donphan semi-reveal, I'd indulge in a little speculation.
If the interpretation of the leaker's info is correct, Koraidonphan will be Ground/Fighting and Miraidonphan will be Ground/Electric. I feel like the latter will actually have greater competitive viability. Ground and Fighting are the most offensive typings in the game, but they don't really synergize very well. Not only do your double your weaknesses, but your STABs are both resisted by Flying and Bug, and your STABs overlap on both Rock and Steel targets. That being said, you still hit Normal, Fire, Electric, Ice, Poison, Rock, Dark, and Steel all super-effectively. Meanwhile Miraidon's Ground/Electric Ground hits most things resisted by Electric.
As for stats, I think Koraidonphan is almost certainly going to reflect Donphan's stat alignment, which is pretty typical of both Ground and Fighting types. Miraidon however has a broader range of possibilities. It could bring a lot of speed, and it could even potentially switch its statline to be more special-oriented. The latter would probably help its usability more than anything, given the dearth of physical electric moves.
There's one thing we're glissing over there, and it's them being catchable.

Idk if that was confirmed *yet*, but I would personally think they work like Eternamax and are their own unique boss thing.

Ofc someone who actually followed leaks from start feel free to prove me wrong o.o

iirc khu made a couple posts about the paradox mons being strong/broken in competitive, which would mean you could catch or obtain them somehow. would also just be a huge waste to design all these guys that aren't obtainable but game freak is weird sometimes
I mean, Eternamax was also strong/broken in competitive to the point it ruined a entire format, with the caveaut it was the only format it was allowed in cause of not being available to players in first place...

I mean, Eternamax was also strong/broken in competitive to the point it ruined a entire format, with the caveaut it was the only format it was allowed in cause of not being available to players in first place...
Korai/Miraidonphan are their own separate thing from Donphan (dex number and everything), it's not a powerup like Eternamax. Leaks say that they, along with all the other paradoxes, are (or were supposed to be, anyway) available in special 7 star raids. Apparently those won't be in the base game due to a bug, but they are definitely obtainable. You can also get them from the center of the map in the postgame.

Leaks say that they. along with all the other paradoxes, are (or were supposed to be, anyway) available in special 7 star raids. Apparently those won't be in the base game due to a bug, but they are definitely obtainable.
The Charizard event they announced is a 7 star, so if they aren't available at launch, they'll presumably be adding them very soon after

So... About the codenames...
Are they the "titan" boss fight names, like Klawf the "Stony Cliff".
Or are they the paradoxes names, since i remember Khu saying they all have weird names for pokemon.
Klawf, the Stony Cliff Titan is more than likely found in an area called... Stony Cliff.

These codenames will probably be like the UB codenames and the leakers probably have only seen them.

Interestingly enough, the food rival is the one carrying the Scarlet/Violet notebook. That means the Paradoxes are tied to the Herba Mystica storyline.

I got the feeling that's the big story thread and the Gym/Team Star ones won't be as important.

I suspect all 3 "routes" will have seeds about what happen in the fourth "route". It only unlocks after you complete the other 3, so it'd make sense for all of them to contribute something.
Herba Mystica is probably the most direct, having the book and the encoutnerable one after all, but I'm sure there's extra context either about the old exploration team, the strange area in the middle, the history of various aspects, character connections, etc that we only get via the gym route and star

Korai/Miraidonphan are their own separate thing from Donphan (dex number and everything), it's not a powerup like Eternamax. Leaks say that they, along with all the other paradoxes, are (or were supposed to be, anyway) available in special 7 star raids. Apparently those won't be in the base game due to a bug, but they are definitely obtainable. You can also get them from the center of the map in the postgame.
So the paradox formes are going to be "basically gigantamax" as far as availability goes?
You know, I don't mind it.
Sucks to not be able to have them at start ofc but as long as *eventually* you can get them all it's fine.

I suspect all 3 "routes" will have seeds about what happen in the fourth "route". It only unlocks after you complete the other 3, so it'd make sense for all of them to contribute something.
Herba Mystica is probably the most direct, having the book and the encoutnerable one after all, but I'm sure there's extra context either about the old exploration team, the strange area in the middle, the history of various aspects, character connections, etc that we only get via the gym route and star
Honestly this gives me a lot of vibes like Octopath Traveler
where you play 8 apparently disconnected stories, only to start finding how they're not disconnected at all in the postgame stuff, and end up fighting a final big boss that acts as connecting point to all the events of the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)