Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that it's not just "a few people", many people want gambit banned and for good reason. If gambit was legitimately healthy for the tier, the cries to ban it would not just be from low ladder scrubs like me.
It doesn’t matter.
Not enough people were passionate enough to actually ladder and vote to ban Kingambit. If Kingambit was that much of a problem you would see more people bother to ladder and vote it out.

No, we are absolutely not quickbanning something that did not get banned via suspect. This is tiering manipulation and abuse of power. It is not the cool maneuver you think it is -- this is malpractice. Gambit will be a suspect candidate down the line if appropriate.
look, i can understand where you're coming from, but, uh… there might be a sliiiiight conflict of interest here
View attachment 554482
Top 10 Anime Betrayals of All-Time

Somebody told me I should try using Rillaboom and Sneasler right now, but I was wondering how they would match up against the likes of Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Ogerpon-Wellspring and Blood Moon Ursaluna, among other threats, and I wanted to ask you guys.

I tried looking up their respective sets on the Smogon Strategy Pokédex :

Rillaboom @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off/Drain Punch? (not sure which one's the best)
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide (added in over Drain Punch/Knock Off)

Sneasler @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw
- Tera Blast

On the one hand, Rillaboom's Grassy Glide can help revenge KO Ogerpon-Wellspring, though it only has an 81.3% chance to OHKO Wellspring-Tera at full health. I imagine that it would also help revenge KO Walking Wake, Iron Valiant, and Proto Speed Great Tusk (haven't done the calcs yet).
On the other hand, Sneasler with Tera Blast Ground would have a solid option to OHKO Ogerpon-Hearthflame. However, it only has a 68.8% chance to OHKO zero defensive investment Gholdengo, and is only able to 2HKO Slowking-Galar and Tera Poison Blood Moon Ursaluna. That makes it reliant on SD/hazards/teammates to truly clean up.

Do you guys think this core could be decent right now? Also, which mons could go well alongside Rilla and Sneas?

The SV OU tiering council is currently conducting a vote on one Pokemon that received high enough support in the tiering survey. Please note that we are not voting on any Pokemon with low survey scores or that did not get included as we continue to value your feedback within our process.

In addition, there is a likelihood that, regardless of the vote’s outcome, we enter a suspect in the aftermath of this vote and in the coming days. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes readily available.

FIREPON NOOOOOOOOOOOO
1695428663351.png

Hearthflame teaches the higher fidelity that negates resists and raises rocks. She too concludes that all is well. This metagame now without a switchin seems to her neither sterile nor fertile. Each Ivy of that cudgel, each sword of this dance full of vigor, alone forms a world. The struggle itself to the heights is enough to fill her heart. One must imagine Firepon happy in Ubers.

Good ban IMO. Mon was extremely obnoxious and took Sun into an untenable level of strength. Less versatile than wellspring, but what it did well, it did way too well. Also moldbreaker made potential checks like Heatran jokes.

Meanwhile rain wellspring Ogrepon kinda counters itself in a funny way.

Manaphy or Waterpon probably. People ignored the latter a bit just because of how ridiculous Firepon is.
i don't think they'd move on waterpon this quickly unless it got way higher survey results than i expect it to. i agree that she has a chance of becoming overbearing now that the clearly better firepon is out of the picture, but i think manaphy is a much more obvious thing that needs dealing with at the moment

Blood Moon suspect for sure. Manaphy is just doing what it's always done but with more power creep against it and Waterpon. Blood Moon is very hard to kill, very easy to get kills with, getting 2 or even 3 in a trade.

Manaphy or Bloodmoon. Personally prefer the latter
Bloodmoon being in suspect range surprises me. The raw power is ridiculous, no doubt, but he's so slow and his SpDef is so low that I feel like it never reaches a point that it just takes over the game. Vacuum Wave is cool but as non-STAB it is not a serious option to bail you out against faster mons not named Kingambit.

uppa

did i play well ?
is a Top Artist
Bloodmoon being in suspect range surprises me. The raw power is ridiculous, no doubt, but he's so slow and his SpDef is so low that I feel like it never reaches a point that it just takes over the game. Vacuum Wave is cool but as non-STAB it is not a serious option to bail you out against faster mons not named Kingambit.
It's a mon that completely dominates balance and needs to be put on a timer to wear down because it has no actual defensive counterplay. It's underwhelming to many because it's shaky into offense, but it has such a chokehold over any team that wants a defensive backbone that it definitely deserves a suspect imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)