Dec 25 - Jan 7 - Iron Leaves/Walking Wake 5* Raid Rerun

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since this IL/WW raid started, I literally cannot get into these raids. I’ve tried almost every day, at different times, and sometimes have spent 15-20 minutes doing nothing but trying to get in and refreshing the raid list - to no avail. I literally have not played a single online IL/WW raid other than my own raids on my own cart.

I don’t know if GF made changes to how raids work, or if it is simply the consequence of a huge surge of new Christmas players and a 5* event raid (which is available to more players than the 7* raids, I think) coming out at the same time. But this is worse than ever before, including the Dialga fiasco. In general, getting into ANY raids are harder than ever. And I also seem to get a lot more bizarre “communication errors” in the lobbies and the raids themselves, despite me having a blazing fast stable internet connection. My assumption is crappy game code, which has been par for the course for GF for the past couple generations imo.
Fortunately I had no trouble (recently bit the bullet and bought Scarlet - mainly for this raid, since I wanted an extra WW/IL). Dunno if this was due to searching for IL rather than WW, but Dialga has remained the only event mon I’ve had an issue with fortunately.

I am wondering if it's a population problem. As fewer players become available when moving on to other games, there are fewer players who can match on the Pokémon plus Tera Type raid card, so it takes longer to get connected with people.

There are too many combinations of lobbies and too few people who will have a chance to match them.

It's like when FPS games reach the end of their cycle but still have 16 playlists but only 1500 people playing, so only two playlists get used just so people can find matches. But in Pokémon Tera Raids it's way worse.

I think in future games they will need to make more static raids so that people can match together. Or make some notion of a raid tower with 20 static mons so there's a bigger hit box to matchmake with.

Of course, it could also be they made code changes that straight up dropped the performance.

I am wondering if it's a population problem. As fewer players become available when moving on to other games, there are fewer players who can match on the Pokémon plus Tera Type raid card, so it takes longer to get connected with people.

There are too many combinations of lobbies and too few people who will have a chance to match them.

It's like when FPS games reach the end of their cycle but still have 16 playlists but only 1500 people playing, so only two playlists get used just so people can find matches. But in Pokémon Tera Raids it's way worse.

I think in future games they will need to make more static raids so that people can match together. Or make some notion of a raid tower with 20 static mons so there's a bigger hit box to matchmake with.

Of course, it could also be they made code changes that straight up dropped the performance.
I think another part of it is that with the DLC out, the main draw of the Raids for people who already caught the Pokemon (that being resources like Vitamins and Tera shards) has a much lower-effort alternative with BP farming and the Item Printer, so fewer people are actively playing their raids and thus putting them up to invite. This is also the third time WW/Iron Leaves have come around, so people might also just look up Solo strats and run theirs alone instead of putting them up to find people (which I wouldn't blame them for given the influx of Holiday new-blood might exacerbate the "no stop bringing Koraidon!" problem I have).

Factors compounding the Raid:Raider ratio on top of any technical problems I have no direct evidence for.

This specific problem feels less "there's not enough people to get into the raids" as it is "the raids are not connecting at all"

Those are certainly the problems I had with the special raids but even some of the normal raids wouldn't give me the "couldnt' find the raid" message, it was "could not connect" or a crash

I caught the neglected child that is Iron Leaves yesterday (it was really easy, I used an untrained lvl 80 scrafty that was 2HKOd by leaf blade and still won) and I will probably attempt the Walking Wake raid later today if i have time for it

I just realized that I somehow missed this event. A month ago. Don't ask me how. I guess I've been really, really busy? Yeah, anyways, do you think there will be another event for Walking Wake, or should I start offering my rarest Pokemon in the trade thread? Actually, I wouldn't have been able to get the Paradox I have, due to having Violet, and not Scarlet (why the hell did they do it this way in the first place?! I thought for sure that Walking Wake would be a one-time encounter in the future!).

Or even if someone is able to clone/hack one for me, will that even be usable for the VGC, or because I missed the event, I'll never be able to use one?

Should I just build my VGC team to hard counter the damned thing, because it is a pretty hard-hitting monster?

I just realized that I somehow missed this event. A month ago. Don't ask me how. I guess I've been really, really busy? Yeah, anyways, do you think there will be another event for Walking Wake, or should I start offering my rarest Pokemon in the trade thread? Actually, I wouldn't have been able to get the Paradox I have, due to having Violet, and not Scarlet (why the hell did they do it this way in the first place?! I thought for sure that Walking Wake would be a one-time encounter in the future!).

Or even if someone is able to clone/hack one for me, will that even be usable for the VGC, or because I missed the event, I'll never be able to use one?

Should I just build my VGC team to hard counter the damned thing, because it is a pretty hard-hitting monster?
I can see it get at least one more run but probably not any time soon and it's probably best to just start offering in the trade thread.

Hacks would probably be fine provided no one does anything stupid with them. Stay vigilant that they put the bare minimum effort to generate them.
I think the only Cloning method in SV, the smeargle method, would mark them immediately as invalid and it's dissallowed even on Smogon.

I can see it get at least one more run but probably not any time soon and it's probably best to just start offering in the trade thread.

Hacks would probably be fine provided no one does anything stupid with them. Stay vigilant that they put the bare minimum effort to generate them.
I think the only Cloning method in SV, the smeargle method, would mark them immediately as invalid and it's dissallowed even on Smogon.
I've already posted a request on the trade thread, and stated that I do wish to potentially use it in VGC matches. Only a couple of practice runs on Showdown, but Ogerpon and Wake have proven to be a devastating combo, even against rain teams. Hopefully, nobody does something stupid, as you said, and provides me with an unusable trophy.

Hopefully they set up the WW/IL raid as an “until end of service” raid event when it’s time to roll on to Gen 10, like they did for all the Gigantamax forms in SwSh.
Yeah, beggars can't be choosers, and Bobsican did give me a clone of his, but it'd be nice be able to raise one, rather than just having one at lvl. 100. Plus, if the rumors are true about a Johto Legends game, they should totally make the Paradox forms transferrable, if not obtainable in those games.

It's not quite as fun to raise Pokemon once you've already completed the game, especially legendaries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)