SV OU #1 2131 - Chansey Hydrapple Fat

After my first week of dct and my first top 1 i wanted to share the build that allowed me to perf like this (I'm not really a ladder player lol).
So here we are and i will present you, in this rmt, one of my favourite build : the beatiful "chansey hydrapple balance".

Introduction + proof of peak :

Ok so, I began to build this team something like 1 month ago with skarm on moltres but the meta didnt allow it. So I tried again during the last days of the 3rd dct 1 cycle and finally won the cycle thanks to it.

Here is the proof of my peak :

proof of peak.jpg

Screenshot_20240506_102155_Kiwi_Browser.jpg

Teambuilding process :

Why these mons ? :

hydrapple.jpg

First : the goat hydrapple. I honestly think this mon deserve to be in ou. Nasty plot+fickle beam is devastating and after a np u legit have a chance to ohko glowking (with bp doubled by fickle beam effect) and almost win the game. His typing isn't insane but u can check mons like non play rough ogerpon, rillaboom or switch in (thanks to regenerator) on almost any def mon of the tier.

The main problem of this mon is that, if u lose ur boots and there are spikes u won't be able for exemple to heal u on a switch in vs garga or seismic toss etc. Nothing else to say, that's our based option vs samu etc because even if u are koff, u can almost claim a kill vs anyteam with np+epower/fickle.

+2 252+ SpA Tera Ground Hydrapple Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 416-492 (105.5 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Play Rough vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Hydrapple: 206-244 (49.7 - 58.9%)

+2 252+ SpA Hydrapple Fickle Beam vs. 244 HP / 16 SpD Gliscor: 337-397 (95.7 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ground Hydrapple: 356-420 (85.9 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
chansey.jpg

Now maybe the most original mon of the team : chansey. U may think "that's just a blissey -" but in facts chansey has some cool tools.

First it is able to stay in vs strong physical attacker like ogerpon or gambit and just click twave. The 2nd point is that its spedef bulk allows him to don't play calm mind and still win vs mons like raging bolt cresselis (with tera) or hatt. Finally rocks twave are cools for the team + seismic chip can be gamechanger.

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 202-238 (28.7 - 33.8%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 249-294 (35.4 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 295-348 (41.9 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

toxapex.jpg

Now Pex
Pex is our best mon vs ho, it can put almist every physical threats on a timer and that's our way to handle mons like roaring moon, ogerpon, dragonite etc... tspikes are insane vs ho if u kill the glimmora, baneful is needed for goujing band, many choice and to stall toxic vs almost any mon. The main problem of this set is that it allows every steel type for nothing but ig that's managable (pjab allow u to deal big dammages to primarina hatterenne or ogerpon).
Ah and finally tera dark is insane vs fsight+breaker mu (with baneful) and psychic noise.

+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 238-282 (78.2 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 118-141 (38.8 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 168-200 (55.2 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

moltres.jpg

Our final defensive mon : moltres is here for some specifics weaknesses, the first and main one is ghold. If u see a ghold in opponent's team u need to keep tres healthy (80% ~). If ghold np on the switch it kills tres but has to waste tera or be really weaken. Both options are good for us so that's fine. The others weaknesses are physical mons that cannot be toxic like gambit, poison goujing etc. Tres allows u to burn them which make it easier to handle. Finally moltres is our best in to deoxys s even if it get koffed (u need to keep ur side without sr).

252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 248+ SpD Moltres: 108-127 (28.1 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

0 SpA Moltres Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 254-300 (80.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 248 HP / 248+ SpD Moltres: 192-227 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

great tusk.jpg

Great tusk is our spinner. Even if it seems to be another def mon we play it max att. He can easily break some teams, koff annoying mons and revenge kill some specifics mons like raging bolt, gholdengo or kingambit (or moon thanks to tera). Ice spinner is mandatory for gliscor landorus or fly mons,headlong rush for ghold, clef or just for stab... spin for spin and finally koff allows us to remove opponent's item and just to hit ghold balloon. Tera g is here to hit harder on stab and 2hko clef or hit hard vs dozo moon, tera raging etc...

252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Gholdengo: 308-366 (81.4 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tera Ground Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Tera Fairy Raging Bolt: 276-326 (67.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tera Ground Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

enamorus.jpg

Last but not least : enamorus is our most offensive mon andour fastest mon. His speed allows him to revenge kill tusk, kyurem ghold (weaken) glimm etc... Here we play it cm transforming it into a big threat. It can 6-0 some bo and really pressure things like mmq's team (av crown). Finally tera ghost is here for 3 reasons : Block spin, sub on pivot glowking, immune to seismic toss. It can revenge kill many weaken threats such like gambit and raging (if u sub at the right time), moon not tera+no boost etc...

252 SpA Enamorus Earth Power vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Iron Crown: 126-150 (38.2 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Enamorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 232-274 (68 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Enamorus Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tera Fairy Gholdengo: 172-204 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now matchups :

- Ho : vs many ho, your best mon will be pex, it can toxic everything and after glimm's death, tspikes are broken so abuse of it.
- Fat : if opponent's special def mon is glowking : just tera and destroy it with hydrapple, if there is some blissey/skeli, just pp stall their heal pp (or catch skeli on the switch).
- Sun : as vs ho, pex is insane. Chansey wall wake (if not speatt boost+specs+tera) and if u put tspikes or just baneful vs the goujing it will be on a timer. Really cool mu since tres tusk and enam are good too.
- Bo : if opponen't way to break is fsight : tera hydrapple and kill glowking or tera pex. If not just be aware of samu gambit or ghold.

Now some dangerous mons :

-Ogerpon : toxic her and switch hydrapple-pex+baneful to waste time.
-Moon : same idea, vs these 2 mons u can try to put tspikes before. If taunt moon try to pjab and then to tera hydrapple/tusk.
-Sd glisc : maybe the most annoying mu since u don't have really ways to handle it in long game. BUT hydrapple the goat is insane vs legit every team with sd glisc so ig that's broken mon vs broken mon.

The past : Balance chansey (pokepast.es)

For replays just check replays from "dct1 mimilimi" before sunday 5may

Last edited:
Another stall te
After my first week of dct and my first top 1 i wanted to share the build that allowed me to perf like this (I'm not really a ladder player lol).
So here we are and i will present you, in this rmt, one of my favourite build : the beatiful "chansey hydrapple balance".

Introduction + proof of peak :

Ok so, I began to build this team something like 1 month ago with skarm on moltres but the meta didnt allow it. So I tried again during the last days of the 3rd dct 1 cycle and finally won the cycle thanks to it.

Here is the proof of my peak :

View attachment 633004

View attachment 633017

Teambuilding process :

Why these mons ? :

View attachment 633002

First : the goat hydrapple. I honestly think this mon deserve to be in ou. Nasty plot+fickle beam is devastating and after a np u legit have a chance to ohko glowking (with bp doubled by fickle beam effect) and almost win the game. His typing isn't insane but u can check mons like non play rough ogerpon, rillaboom or switch in (thanks to regenerator) on almost any def mon of the tier.

The main problem of this mon is that, if u lose ur boots and there are spikes u won't be able for exemple to heal u on a switch in vs garga or seismic toss etc. Nothing else to say, that's our based option vs samu etc because even if u are koff, u can almost claim a kill vs anyteam with np+epower/fickle.

+2 252+ SpA Tera Ground Hydrapple Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 416-492 (105.5 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Play Rough vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Hydrapple: 206-244 (49.7 - 58.9%)

+2 252+ SpA Hydrapple Fickle Beam vs. 244 HP / 16 SpD Gliscor: 337-397 (95.7 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ground Hydrapple: 356-420 (85.9 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
View attachment 632999

Now maybe the most original mon of the team : chansey. U may think "that's just a blissey -" but in facts chansey has some cool tools.

First it is able to stay in vs strong physical attacker like ogerpon or gambit and just click twave. The 2nd point is that its spedef bulk allows him to don't play calm mind and still win vs mons like raging bolt cresselis (with tera) or hatt. Finally rocks twave are cools for the team + seismic chip can be gamechanger.

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 202-238 (28.7 - 33.8%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 249-294 (35.4 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 295-348 (41.9 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

View attachment 633005

Now Pex
Pex is our best mon vs ho, it can put almist every physical threats on a timer and that's our way to handle mons like roaring moon, ogerpon, dragonite etc... tspikes are insane vs ho if u kill the glimmora, baneful is needed for goujing band, many choice and to stall toxic vs almost any mon. The main problem of this set is that it allows every steel type for nothing but ig that's managable (pjab allow u to deal big dammages to primarina hatterenne or ogerpon).
Ah and finally tera dark is insane vs fsight+breaker mu (with baneful) and psychic noise.

+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 238-282 (78.2 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 118-141 (38.8 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 168-200 (55.2 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

View attachment 633003

Our final defensive mon : moltres is here for some specifics weaknesses, the first and main one is ghold. If u see a ghold in opponent's team u need to keep tres healthy (80% ~). If ghold np on the switch it kills tres but has to waste tera or be really weaken. Both options are good for us so that's fine. The others weaknesses are physical mons that cannot be toxic like gambit, poison goujing etc. Tres allows u to burn them which make it easier to handle. Finally moltres is our best in to deoxys s even if it get koffed (u need to keep ur side without sr).

252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 248+ SpD Moltres: 108-127 (28.1 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

0 SpA Moltres Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 254-300 (80.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 248 HP / 248+ SpD Moltres: 192-227 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

View attachment 633001

Great tusk is our spinner. Even if it seems to be another def mon we play it max att. He can easily break some teams, koff annoying mons and revenge kill some specifics mons like raging bolt, gholdengo or kingambit (or moon thanks to tera). Ice spinner is mandatory for gliscor landorus or fly mons,headlong rush for ghold, clef or just for stab... spin for spin and finally koff allows us to remove opponent's item and just to hit ghold balloon. Tera g is here to hit harder on stab and 2hko clef or hit hard vs dozo moon, tera raging etc...

252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Gholdengo: 308-366 (81.4 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tera Ground Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Tera Fairy Raging Bolt: 276-326 (67.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tera Ground Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

View attachment 633000

Last but not least : enamorus is our most offensive mon andour fastest mon. His speed allows him to revenge kill tusk, kyurem ghold (weaken) glimm etc... Here we play it cm transforming it into a big threat. It can 6-0 some bo and really pressure things like mmq's team (av crown). Finally tera ghost is here for 3 reasons : Block spin, sub on pivot glowking, immune to seismic toss. It can revenge kill many weaken threats such like gambit and raging (if u sub at the right time), moon not tera+no boost etc...

252 SpA Enamorus Earth Power vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Iron Crown: 126-150 (38.2 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Enamorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 232-274 (68 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Enamorus Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tera Fairy Gholdengo: 172-204 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now matchups :

- Ho : vs many ho, your best mon will be pex, it can toxic everything and after glimm's death, tspikes are broken so abuse of it.
- Fat : if opponent's special def mon is glowking : just tera and destroy it with hydrapple, if there is some blissey/skeli, just pp stall their heal pp (or catch skeli on the switch).
- Sun : as vs ho, pex is insane. Chansey wall wake (if not speatt boost+specs+tera) and if u put tspikes or just baneful vs the goujing it will be on a timer. Really cool mu since tres tusk and enam are good too.
- Bo : if opponen't way to break is fsight : tera hydrapple and kill glowking or tera pex. If not just be aware of samu gambit or ghold.

Now some dangerous mons :

-Ogerpon : toxic her and switch hydrapple-pex+baneful to waste time.
-Moon : same idea, vs these 2 mons u can try to put tspikes before. If taunt moon try to pjab and then to tera hydrapple/tusk.
-Sd glisc : maybe the most annoying mu since u don't have really ways to handle it in long game. BUT hydrapple the goat is insane vs legit every team with sd glisc so ig that's broken mon vs broken mon.

The past : Balance chansey (pokepast.es)

For replays just check replays from "dct1 mimilimi" before sunday 5may
Another Stall team? LETS FUCKING GOOOO I LOVE STALLLLLL!!! :sv/chansey: :sv/blissey: :sv/clefable: :sm/sableye-mega: :sv/dondozo: :sv/quagsire: :sm/Audino-mega: :heavy duty boots: :sv/Ho-Oh: :sv/giratina:
Glory to big stall.
(I know it’s not a stall team but seeing chansey nowadays is mostly stall.)

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Chansey toxapex offense in 2024 is crazy, well done.
Do you often lead with chansey? I wonder if it could be played like an almost HO with rocks, twave, and live any hit from opposing leads lol

Chansey toxapex offense in 2024 is crazy, well done.
Do you often lead with chansey? I wonder if it could be played like an almost HO with rocks, twave, and live any hit from opposing leads lol
Honnestly vs ho when there isnt a glimm/moth i just try to lead pex or watch opponent's threats and send a counter like moltres for deoxys and ghold or hydrapple for samu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)