Tournament 1v1 Premier League VII - Discussion Thread

ranking teams based on how cool their CA prize would be

1. Megarays

Pretty self explanatory here I think. Mray is very sick and I trust degs judgement in terms of CA's.

2. BBB

Idt I've ever seen a barraskewda CA so this one should be cool. Barraskewda is a cool looking mon so I think really any trainer/ custom sprite would fit with it.

3. Panchams

Pancham just a cutie patootie fr. Kaif and delemon would probs make it a cool CA.

4. Thwackeys

Same thing as pancham but probably a bit less versatile bc its green. Waylaid and driplegend would make it fire tho.

5. Pults

Dragapult is a cool looking mon, lots of potential here. Xsc and Frag would cook here.

6. Horrors

While I think hoopa-u is kinda ugly, lots of potential to be creative here which PA should have down.

7. Heatrans

Should look fine, I just don't think there's too much potential to do anything too special here

8. Rhyps

Not a lot of room to do cool things here compared to the others. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Jamez manager prs

1. Potatochan + Crucify - Right away looking at this managing pair it’s pretty much all the support you could want or ask for. Potato and crucify have options for what they want to do with self buys too, and pretty much any option is good. From both self buying, both not self buying, or 1 self buying. They are still 2 great players and both provide top tier support so anything can work for them. They are also both great leaders which ties in with team support as well. The only thing I’m curious about is their type of draft plan. As long as they don’t shit the bed in the actual draft I see this pair as the favorites to win it all already

2. Deg + ncalathes - 2nd place was a close call for me but I give it to deg and ncal. Deg consistently gives good support and has solid drafts. Ncal is a bit of a wildcard but I think he can play the role of a co manager pretty well, just has to be a good leader for the team and support a bit. I think deg is also the best drafter of any manager here from what I’ve seen, so I’m curious how they’ll do this time around.

3. Driplegend + Waylaid - these guys could’ve been 2nd place but I think deg and ncal just edge them out. Drip is new but already turning out to be a great player. I’d say he fits the role of a leader pretty well too so I think he will provide good support and lead the team well. Waylaid gives the drafting support that drip might need since he’s pretty new. I’m pretty confident that waylaid can put together a solid draft after PL4. Building support is a bit questionable here but I think drip can support sv pretty well, old gens can be questionable but waylaid should be able to get oras and sm maybe, not sure how much he’s kept up with oras and swsh.

4. Kaif + delemon - I’m all for delemon managing, he’s an amazing player and I think can provide excellent support in swsh and sv. Kaif gets the old gens pretty so im confident in this duo. Kaif is probably doing most of the drafting, and he’s done well from what I’ve seen so far in ogpl. Overall I think the teamchat could be interesting but it again depends on the draft. Good support and solid drafting experience.

5. PA + Mubs - should be an interesting pair. The main thing I see lacking is possibly activity. PA and Mubs will have to do well in the draft here, especially getting some sv support and players. PA and Mubs do have lots of experience tho which can help. And the old gens support looks solid. New gens and activity are the main problems but that can be solved with a good draft. I’m confident this time tho that PA will have a good draft, learning from his and my mistake last PL as well as having a veteran manager Mubs to help draft should be what they need.

6. Bandit + Murman - This duo is one that I personally haven’t had confidence in, mainly in drafting a team. PL 6 went decently well for them but ogpl was a hiccup. ogpl kinda just made me lost a bit of confidence in bandits drafting. 6 is a pretty low ranking I can admit since bandit and murm provide pretty excellent support for their teams, as well as lead pretty effectively. Bandit and Murm have also struggled a bit when actually playing team tour games but both are still solid players. Overall I think they could’ve been 4th or 5th but it’s just the drafting that worries me.

7. Baleblaze + Stravench - I don’t have much to go off of here with bale and Strav for their managing skills. The team support seems good from Stravenches end, as well as bale picking up sv and always being solid at sm. The main reason for this duo being so low is their lack of experience. only bale has a bit of experience and that was years ago so I could see drafting being a struggle, if they can pull off drafting they could do well tho. The support is there and they are both pretty cool people.

8. Fragments + Xstatic Cold - I honestly have no idea with this pair being honest. They are both completely new to managing and both have shaky activity. I just don’t see the 2 leading a team as well with how xsc acts sometimes. Fragments hasn’t ever seemed active enough to manage as well. The one thing that they do have going for them is that xsc is a great player, and fragments has had solid tournaments as well. Overall I see these 2 more as players on a team than managers. Curious to see how this draft and teamchat will go

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)