2 Pokes getting the exact same ivs possible?

http://turing.bard.edu/~mk561/trade/getmoreinfo.php?db=pokemon_available.db&key=kingbattlus_ditto_5

http://turing.bard.edu/~mk561/trade/getmoreinfo.php?db=pokemon_available.db&key=Storm_ditto_0

Ok i noticed that kingbattlus had dittos up there for a while and today when im catching dittos i caught that one and i noticed it had exactly the same thing.
I just caught my ditto so its not like he gave me his or i traded mine to him. I find that very wierd. Oppinions? It might not be the exact same but with the same natures and the same iv ranges this is really freaking me out. Or is that some glitch on the trading board?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The possibility is not that remote. I've actually caught two separate pairs of Dittos with identical stats, and my Groudon has the exact same nature and IVs as someone else here on the board. Something to do with the not-so-randomness of the random number generators.

Apparently Imawario caught 2 Shiny Whismurs with exact stats and natures in the timespan of a few hours. Crazy stuff!!! =o

As someone said, the game starts creatin' the same codes after a while, so it isn't that random

Some guy in this forum caught Kyogres with the same IVs, I remember that :P

After soft resetting for over the span of five hours, I got a Kyogre with the same IVs and Nature three times. Twice within the span of five minutes. I'm sure there are others I didn't bother to check, since Timid was a decent nature for Kyogre, and I was getting Quiet and Bold every other time.

The possibility is not that remote. I've actually caught two separate pairs of Dittos with identical stats, and my Groudon has the exact same nature and IVs as someone else here on the board. Something to do with the not-so-randomness of the random number generators.
Yeah, its because of the random number generator not being so random.
There was a discussion about it a little bit ago, pretty interesting.

Yeah, its because of the random number generator not being so random.
There was a discussion about it a little bit ago, pretty interesting.
Ok so that would mean Nintendo deliberately gives us extremely bad ived pokemon huh? Wow that is so evil.

Yeah i would also like to see the link hippo

On Navel Rock, back when I was more noobish than I am now, I caught Lugia and Ho-oh without and regard to natures/IVs. Well I went back to look at them yesterday and realized they had the exact same IVs and natures. It was really weird.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok so that would mean Nintendo deliberately gives us extremely bad ived pokemon huh? Wow that is so evil.

Yeah i would also like to see the link hippo
It's not deliberate, there's just limitations to computer random number generators. While there are hundreds of thousands of possible IV combinations, the random number generator can only produce a few hundred possibilities at a time.

Anyway, do a search for the thread "IV's of Wild Pokemon" and you'll find that link you're looking for.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Uhh.........before D/P even came out, I noticed that Just some chick's Deoxys is the exact same as mine (I'm pretty sure he got SA and speed swtched)

When I was ditto hunting I just kept running into the exact same timid ditto,I think up to 3 times in a row =/
Then I resaved a few minutes later and I got an other redundant ditto.
Hmm I've been thinking if someone could analyse the code and see when the game generates almost flawless pokémon,we could take great advantige of that.Couldn't we?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19640&highlight=wild+pokemon+random+number

In summary, the "random" number generator isn't random. It gives you a string of random numbers based on a seed number (input number). So when you SR, you sometimes give it the same seed number resulting in the same random string.
Some computers uses time running as the seed, so it could be the same with consuls. And if you're SRing, you just keep giving it the same time.

Summary as I best understood ^

yamipoli

the only person more obsessive than jumpman
is an Artist Alumnus
I've got 2 sandshrew with the exact same PID (had someone check it out with a flash cart) and IVs except for one of them has a single number higher SpA (21 vs 20).

edited to say, one is from Ru/Sa and one is from XD...

Uhh.........before D/P even came out, I noticed that Just some chick's Deoxys is the exact same as mine (I'm pretty sure he got SA and speed swtched)
The person I got it from bought it off of ebay (if you can believe that, lol) so it might have the same origin as yours? I know rareish Pokemon can get cloned and passed around pretty quickly and widely. Either way, might be the number thing too.

I've experienced it as well, but I dunno if it's the same: when I was SRing for Rayquaza last year, I kept getting the same natures as the Pokemon in my party. Very, very annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)