2011 Music

that album leaked already, I believe

im actually interested in it; these guys seem to have so much fun

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i like the streets new album, i dont think anyone was expecting it to be another original pirate material and its not, but its still got the mike skinner charm

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hell yeah, two songs from Turisas's new album have surfaced on youtube. Both are awesome, very yes buying it on March 8th. Looking forward to the rest of the songs being uploaded there by the europeople tomorrow.
The original two uploads happened about a month ago.

Lupe Fiasco spoonfeeding his crowd lyrics. It's just ok. Lasers definitely dissapointed me. I'll give it a few more listens.

Tyler, the Creator's debut Goblin is rocketing up my most anticipated albums of 2011. I haven't been this impressed with a (relatively) new rapper in a while.

That sounded, unlike them, like old rock and roll or something, though i still like it, i doubt they have made something i didn't like, still think their best album is Favourite worst nigthmare tough, and from this listen i don't think my mind will be changing.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Spontaneous new Arctic Monkeys, Brick by Brick.

It's pretty wicked, I really like it. I like where their new album is headed already.
Before the 2:00 mark... this song is just so "weird" and different. The incredible amount of use they gave to the lead guitar is surprising, but I don't like it personally...

I like this song a lot more after 2:00.

P.D.: I didn't like Humbug in the SLIGHTEST, except for Cornerstone, Crying Lightning, and My Propeller.

new raekwon album certainly isnt another cuban linx part 2 like id hoped it might be, but its still a great album. on par with that new ghostface album from a few months ago. wu tang still going strong 15 years on is pretty fucking impressive, either way. how many rappers are relevant for 15 years?

the roots are pretty consistent

im tired so I wont do a short write-up to each of these, but here are some great albums I listened to the past weeks (all of these are rated four stars)

Peaking Lights - 936 (neo-psychedelia)
Ulcerate - The Destroyers of All (technical death metal/sludge metal)
Tera Melos - Zoo Weather (math rock/experimental)
Love American - Love American (screamo)
Dum Dum Girls - He Gets Me High (indie rock)
Dumbo Gets Mad - Elephants at the Door (psychedelic rock)
Hotel of the Laughing Tree - Terror and Everything After (indie rock/progressive rock)

radiohead back in the studio is good. the king of limbs is definitely growing but more stuff from them would still be great.

I don't know if it's been said in the thread already, but Beirut is rumored to be releasing another album this year. The very thought of more Beirut makes life that much better.

EDIT: 200th post. woot

I don't know if it's been said in the thread already, but Beirut is rumored to be releasing another album this year. The very thought of more Beirut makes life that much better.

EDIT: 200th post. woot
Yesssssss.
And yaaaaay.

I enjoyed the Dum Dum Girls EP alot actually. One of my favorite things to come out this year.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Lupe Fiasco's Lasers is out today; liking what i've heard on it so far (which isn't much, just a couple songs). Anyone else listening to it yet / have the album?

More excited for Food & Liquor 2 though, which I hear is much more his product than that of his label, from his own words

New Rise Against has leaked. Only up to the first song so far, so no major judgement. But seems to be same old RA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)