Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Bold
Mummy
6Hp/252Def/252Sp.Def

Will-o-wisp
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Power Split

This is my wall. I have some type of an obsession with a ghost wall in VGC, I don't know why though. Normally it would be Dusknoir but he is not allowed so I am using Cofagrigus instead. Will-o-wisp is to take care of any sashers and to lower the attack stat of any pokemon while gradually killing them. Power split is to mess with anyone who is trying to set up a pokemon by boosting either of its attack stats. Shadow ball is my stab move which I will predominately be using while attacking and Energy ball is just there for coverage and to take care of any water type pokemon that come my way.

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Jolly
Sheer Force
252Atk/252Def/6Spd

Bulk Up
Fire Fang
Earthquake
Brick Break

Bulk Up is a way to increase my attack and my defense. My original idea was to use Belly Drum but it does not fit well with this team. Fire Fang is there for stab and with Sheer Force it will be a powerful attack. Earthquake is to take care of anything that Brick Break and Fire Fang can not kill. With Sheer Force Brick Break is very powerful and it has no negative effects. Darmanitan is one of my sweepers. You are probably wondering why Jolly nature. I chose Jolly so that it has a little boost in speed over things.

Zebrastrika @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Motor Drive
252Atk/6Def/252Spd

Flame Charge
Wild Charge
Thunder Wave
Pursuit

Zebrastrika is the third fastest fifth gen pokemon, with motor drive and flame charge the likely hood of its speed increasing is great. Flame charge can take care of any grass pokemon that it can't do much damage to other wise and it has the great effect of increasing its speed. Wild charge is for stab and the recoil is not something that I am going to worry about. Thunder wave is to cut the speed of an opponent and hopefully every once in a while the will not be able to attack. Finally pursuit was more of a filler but it will come in handy when facing a ghost or psychic type pokemon and may be double if the opponent is planning on switching out.

Hydreigon @ Metronome
Modest
Levitate
6Def/252Sp.Atk/252Spd

Echoed Voice
Flamethrower
Draco Meteor
Charge Beam

Echoed voice is not a common move to my knowledge but its attacking power increases with repeated use. Along with metronome, Echoed voices attack power will increase at a huge pace quickly making it a move to reckon with. Flamethrower is there to take care of any bug type pokemon that hit me super effectively. Draco Meteor is a huge stab move that deals loads of damage. Charge beam raises my special attack each turn so if I were to use this repeatedly then its power would ultimately do the same thing as Echoed Voice and do massive damage at a quick pace. If I wanted I could just attack Zebrastrika to increase its speed while letting it attack and my special attack would still increase.

Whimsicott @ Big Root
Timid
Prankster
252Sp.Atk/6Sp.Def/252Spd

Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Cotton Guard
Stun Spore

With the ability Stun Spore is almost guaranteed to go first automatically cutting my opponents speed in half and allowing for the possibility for the opponent to not be able to attack. Leech Seed is there to slowly drain the HP of my opponent and to give me a little back. Cotton Guard is to raise my Defense making it harder to kill me. Finally my only attacking move is Giga Drain which allows me to regain some of my HP. With Big Root I will be gaining more HP than normal making me a hard pokemon to kill. This is a great wall and always has been for me regardless of who I am facing.

Throh @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant
Inner Focus
252Hp/129Def/129Sp.Def

Wide Guard
Poison Jab
Brick Break
Substitute

Wide Guard is to hopefully protect the other pokemon of mine that is in battle from getting hurt. I do not know how effective this will work though. Substitute is there because of my ridiculously high HP stat. Poison Jab is just one of my favorite moves and it does take care of grass pokemon. Brick Break is for stab and if the opponent is using light screen or reflect then they are no longer in effect. My item is to do damage to my opponent if they hit me without me having to actually attack them.

Over all I feel that my team is great. I do have some weaknesses that I have to try and work out but I think that I will be able to handle them when they come up. Amoongus is supposedly going to be a huge player in the VGC game from what I have read. I don't see it being a problem for me since I seem to lean toward fire type moves if the pokemon can learn one. A pokemon I see being a problem for me would be Chandelure. It is a great pokemon and since I have a lot of fire moves it could almost wall me by itself. I have cofagrigus to attempt to take it out but I don't feel like I have anything else that could go up against it.

I decided it would be best to tell what I might do with the team so that anyone could get a feel for what i am going for.

My first two pokemon would be Cofagrigus and Hydreigon. Cofagrigus is there to stop anyone who tries to use explosion and Hydreigon is out there so that I have a generally good variety of pokemon that I can handle. I will for sure will-o-wisp something on the first turn because that is my favorite move. With Hydreigon I will either use Charge Beam or Echoed Voice depending on who I am facing. After a couple of charge beams I could raise Cofagrigus's special attack by using power split. Because of metronome charge beams will be powerful even with the drop in Hydreigon's special attack. As soon as one of my pokemon die I will send in Zebrastrika to sweep with. Depending on the opponent I will use the most logical. If both pokemon do not pose a threat to me then I will use Thunder Wave to paralyze the foe. I will then use Flame Charge to increase my own speed. Finally with Darmanitan I would use Bulk Up to increase my stats and then Fire Fang almost everything because it is my stab move. If the pokemon I am facing resists fire then I will use Earthquake.

This was just a hypothetical situation that would be ideal when battling. Any and everything that people say is greatly appreciated. Just so you know, the first four pokemon are the pokemon that I will use the most often.

Darmaritan can learn Flare Blitz over Fire Fang; I think the recoil from Flare Blitz is worth the extra 45 or so BP, but that's your call ultimately. I would also run with Life Orb on Darmaritan, since Sheer Force negates the Life Orb's recoil, (supposedly).

Thank you for the advice. I will go with life orb for the added damage. I am afraid that with Flare Blitz that I will die to quickly and I want to live as long as possible.

I am just going to assume that my team is so awesome that it could not get any better. Thank you to everyone that read my team. Rates are still welcome.

Archeops would stomp all over your team. Rock slide and Acrobatics can kill half your team. Scrafty with shed skin could also pose a threat, as could Jellicent. Zebstrika can counter Arch and Jellicent but you can't use all of your pokemon and and your weaknesses are rather blatant. If you want to run this team, go ahead just be weary of trick room, which will probably be everywhere. Also you need to provide who is going out first, as you need to be prepared for Terrakion-Whimsicott beat up combos.

I did say who was going out first. It would be Cofagrigus and Hydreigon. Whimsicot and Throh are just my pack up pokemon. Thank you for the advice. I did not think of Archeops as a threat.

Do you have any suggestions? they would be much appreciated.

Any other help from anyone would be great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)