2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Go QPR woo!

Just saw that Nigel Reo-Coker has been released from Ipswich after rejecting an extension to his short term deal. I don't know about anybody else but I always liked Reo-Coker, he was decent as a player and most importantly always seemed to work hard. I liked him at Aston Villa and I thought he was good at Bolton (and I'm not just saying this to bait Bartman back to posting again). It's just really surprising that no one from the PL wants to sign him up, especially when he was available on a free and he has huge PL experience. I think a player like him would have definitely improved the squads of Reading (who has a championship quality squad) or Southhampton (who could do with a strong, no-nonsense dm) or Aston Villa (would be good to have an experienced head in there), or even Fulham and Newcastle who have had injuries to their defensive midfielders. It's kinda surprisingly at least to me that he wasn't even looked at by PL clubs when he was available for free.

As for tomorrow, Arsenal vs Man City :D

And predictions for Man Utd vs Liverpool? I'm going 2-2, with Liverpool 0-2 up at 90mins and Utd score 2 in the 93rd and 97th min of extra stoppage time.

A 2-1 United win, with Van Persie not scoring. Suarez to score in the 51st minute, before United stage a late-ish comback with Hernandez and Rafael, in the 74th and 82nd minute.
I am a little pedantic.

posting to say WE WILL WIN THE CUP
thats all i care about (except colo asking to leave newcastle? fuck. this season is not going your way :()

also 4-0 united. it will happen

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
posting to say WE WILL WIN THE CUP
thats all i care about (except colo asking to leave newcastle? fuck. this season is not going your way :()

also 4-0 united. it will happen
hearsay is that he got some lassy pregnant and his wife left him over it so he wants to get out of dodge, just what I've been hearing from people back home though, could be a crock of shite.

It has to be a united win doesn't it? Liverpool just don't have a player of the quality and caliber of Howard Webb ;)

In all seriousness:
2-1 United win.
1-0 City win.

We need a top quality attacking midfielder as soon as possible.

A world class player in Sneijder is available and we HAVE to take him while we can.

Here's hoping Arsenal - City will be a better game. Sturridge looked good but still lacks sharpness. I do think he could be a very good player.

Also looks like all you Arteta haters were right, he's been dropped now Diaby's back. Midfield will be Diaby, Wilshere and Cazorla. Diaby vs Toure was some midfield battle at the Etihad, this time Toure isn't there.

Also looks like all you Arteta haters were right, he's been dropped now Diaby's back. Midfield will be Diaby, Wilshere and Cazorla. Diaby vs Toure was some midfield battle at the Etihad, this time Toure isn't there.
Best midfield in the league. No joke.

It will be extremely interesting to see this trio go up against Bayern's CM.

Well that was a bit shit, Koscielny what was he doing... Wilshere was the only player who turned up really, and what a player he is. How many fouls did he draw, he is a cut above the rest. Diaby had one or two good moments where he turned players and drove into the box but overall he looked very rusty and gave the ball away quite a few times.

Tevez and Milner looked really good for City, Silva had a quiet game but didn't do anything wrong. It was pretty easy to see City's unspectacular midfield two of Barry and Garcia were vastly experienced and just knew how to keep it simple and when to leave a foot in or give someone a little push. Walcott didn't have a chance really and I still say he doesn't look good enough to be playing on his own. He is at best a Hernandez type impact sub if he wants to play there, and he needs a partner, or else he needs to suck it up and work on improving as a winger.

I'd still like to see Walcott stay but I still say we also need a top class forward, like really really badly...

I'd still like to see Walcott stay but I still say we also need a top class forward, like really really badly...
When your highest scorer is planning on leaving, and your third highest scorer is Giroud, you know you've got problems.

I can't think who Arsenal could feasibly get in January though. David Villa has already said he won't move until the summer, so that's out the window. I can't think of any top class forwards other than him who are planning on moving. Maybe you could make a move for Torres? Before I get "lololololololol Torres", chances are you could get him for a bargain, as Ba is already outplaying him and his confidence is shot to pieces. I feel like he'd work with Arsenal well, especially with playmakers like Cazorla and Wilshere in the team. I've heard rumours about Fernando Llorente signing too. Not sure if Arsenal are the kind of team for the Spanish Peter Crouch, but 29 goals in all competitions last term is what Arsenal need right now.

Isn't Darren Bent potentially on offer? If he plays half as good irl as he does on FIFA, I'm amazed Barcelona aren't offering Aston Villa a straight swap with Messi for him.

Llorente is too similar to Giroud IMO.

What Arsenal need is a world class forward to replace the world class Van Persie.
Honestly, I can only think of Cavani and Falcao. Possibly David villa, but I'm not sure if he's still the same player after his leg break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)