2012 USA Election Thread: Obama projected winner

Who are you going to vote for in the 2012 Election?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 221 54.8%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 44 10.9%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 37 9.2%
  • Jill Stein

Votes: 85 21.1%
  • Vermin Supreme

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Romney's projected to have Indiana and Kentucky, Obama Vermont.

So Romney takes the first two of three states.

Edit: Ahahaha. Watching the tally go up in funny. Right now Obama's winning South Carolina by a ginormous 87%. :P

EDIT 2: West Virginia to Romney. Says too close to call in Georgia, but I hardly see this state going blue.

Welp I voted. First time I've ever voted too. I does not matter to me or to the election in the slightest as New york is probably going to obama XD

Okay so this has been killing me all day: is the economy really getting better? Everyone that tells me that it is not only fails to deliver an example that doesn't sound like a guess, but some people I've asked avoid it all together.

Honestly, I don't think we're in that great of a position economically. Can someone please prove me wrong? This isn't a challenge, I genuinely want to be informed. I don't want to get this thread off-topic, so one response would do as long as it is factually sound.

EDIT: Why does this thing say I voted for Jill Stein? lol no >_>

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay so this has been killing me all day: is the economy really getting better? Everyone that tells me that it is not only fails to deliver an example that doesn't sound like a guess, but some people I've asked avoid it all together.

Honestly, I don't think we're in that great of a position economically. Can someone please prove me wrong? This isn't a challenge, I genuinely want to be informed. I don't want to get this thread off-topic, so one response would do as long as it is factually sound.

If you think you're going to see economic change within four years of a man taking office then you're very much mistaken about how economics work. The foundation which he laid down will show in the economy in years later.

Whether you think it's going to improve or not improve is entirely up to how you want to view these things!

Some arguments for an improving US economy:
Unemployment is down from both highs and what is probably would have been without the stimulus stuff
The housing market is beginning to recover in most places, aka housing prices are going up which is undeniably good for the average American
The stock market is better (the DOW and other major composites, at least) than at any time during the crisis
Hiring is (arguably) starting to pick back up again, some sectors more than others
Consumer spending and confidence is up
Credit has become easier to get andbig institutions now have better safeguards (bank are now required to have much larger cash reserves t prevent a 2008-esque crash)

Arguments against an improving economy:
Most general public opinion polls
Median/mean household and personal incomes are down about $2200 per family from 2008
Unemployment is still higher than healthy, and the current 7.8% rate fails to account for underemployed or those who have left the labor force
National Debt and annual deficits are high
Not out of the woods yet because of potential for a Euro breakup/major crisis (though this has mostly passed, but it for sure still there), slowing global economy in BRIC countries

Basically, pick and choose the factors that are most important to you to determine whether the economy is growing or not, but never discount the other side entirely because both camps have valid arguments and good facts to back them up.

So far it's not going well for Obama. Come on Obama, you can pull through.
You do realize all of the states that closed early are generally republican states, later in the night Obama is going to skyrocket once New York and California are verified.

Things are looking good so far, Obamas got PA and Minnesota swing states and the Democratic senator pretty much won Florida, which suggests Obama might win there as well. I will remind you that if Obama wins Florida, he pretty much instantly wins the election.

Unemployment is going down, confidence is going up, the stock market is in great shape -- even though the unemployment numbers for last month are higher it's likely because more people have been looking for work again.

Housing is recovering, credit is moving again. All in all, the economy is a near certainty to improve regardless of who wins this election.

Things are looking good so far, Obamas got PA and Minnesota swing states and the Democratic senator pretty much won Florida, which suggests Obama might win there as well. I will remind you that if Obama wins Florida, he pretty much instantly wins the election.
Nelson is a lot more popular with old white people and Cubans than Obama could dream of being though, Florida is looking incredibly close at this stage.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
from tumblr:

earlsweatsuit:

Today we test if the theory is true, America went black…Will it go back?

You do realize all of the states that closed early are generally republican states, later in the night Obama is going to skyrocket once New York and California are verified.

PA was never in play.

actually it was

still looks like obama wins
Short of some massive poll inaccuracy or voter id laws kicking in, PA wasn't going anywhere -- maybe if Romney had pushed there instead of Ohio he could've got some traction but he came in very late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)