2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
great game. Ramsey's yellow card was harsh I reckon, it wasn't intentional and Belgium weren't in a particularly dangerous area, it's such a shame for Wales, because he's played better than Bale in this tournament.

I honestly fancy Wales to beat Portugal. Portugal haven't been that impressive, and if Wales can keep Ronaldo quiet, like they managed to keep Hazard quiet, they're definitely gonna fancy their chances

Massively regretting not putting a pre-tournament bet on Wales, which I said I was gonna do and never got round to it... Kinda hope they don't win just so I won't be kicking myself for the next couple of months

Calling it now, Portugal will play horrible football, then draw their way to the Euro trophy and win on penalties with Ronaldo taking the 5th penalty, scoring it and celebrates by taking off his shirt and showing off his body. After that, his fans will make endless comparisons with Messi and will ask for him to be given the Balon D' Or despite the fact that he was rubbish in the tournament.

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Calling it now, Portugal will play horrible football, then draw their way to the Euro trophy and win on penalties with Ronaldo taking the 5th penalty, scoring it and celebrates by taking off his shirt and showing off his body. After that, his fans will make endless comparisons with Messi and will ask for him to be given the Balon D' Or despite the fact that he was rubbish in the tournament.
Because he was terrible against Hungary and Portugal would have advanced without him...

They would've advanced too if he just scored that penalty against Austria. He was horrible in 3/5 games this euro so far. Let's hope Suarez will win this Balon D'Or like he deserves but honestly I doubt that.

Unbelievable night for Wales, I think even I got a bit emotional! It's a shame Ramsey misses the next game so it's time for Bale to step up! If Wales win, Ronaldo's face is gonna be priceless.

What an amazing game and terrible penalty shoot out. Although I was pulling for italy honestly I am ok with the result. Both teams I felt played well enough to advance and essentially germany were less shit in the pks than italy were. Seriously your one job coming onto the pitch was to take a pk and you fuck it up zaza

Don't blame the player, he's still young.

Wilmots however... hope this is enough to convince Belgium to get a better manager.

Btw is there any reason why Dembelé didn't play a single minute this Eurocup? Makes no sense unless he was injured but if that was the case... why was he even on the squad?
Started against the Republic of Ireland, picked up an injury during it and never appeared again.

It doesn't matter how bad Ronaldo plays if Portugal win he wins the Ballon'DOr based on reputation. Messi despite only having one good performance won the Golden Ball at the World Cup just because Argentina made the final.

Suarez should have won the Ballon'DOr over both last year.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
It doesn't matter how bad Ronaldo plays if Portugal win he wins the Ballon'DOr based on reputation. Messi despite only having one good performance won the Golden Ball at the World Cup just because Argentina made the final.

Suarez should have won the Ballon'DOr over both last year.
Yeah, the Ballon D'Or doesn't mean anything nowadays, it's a popularity contest. This year, we shouldn't even be discussing whether Ronaldo, Messi or Suarez wins it... the clear winner, especially if Germany make it to the final, should be Kroos. But he's not even going to be near the 1st place.

It's a system that favours forwards anyway, which was why no defenders / goalkeepers won it since 2006. Forwards are the ones who make the headlines so they'll receive plenty of votes. The same rule also applies to transfers since the ones who commands the highest fees are forwards (I group Wingers, strikers and attacking midfielders together btw). Well, except for Pogba who was rumoured to be the subject of 80 mil bids, it's a general rule that the deeper you play, the cheaper your price would be. That's why fees like 50 mil for David Luiz makes headlines because Kroos, Vidal, Alonso, Modric, Gundogan, etc. don't cost the buying team 40 mil and above.

I Googled a bit and this is what I find:
No one in Spain serves prison under a sentence below 24 months, for their first offence. Anything under 24 months is a suspended sentence.

Not sure how true it is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)