Move 3: Hidden Power Ice/ Ancient Power
Move 4: Protect
Ability: Solid Rock (Sheer Force)
Item: Cameruptite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Nature: Quiet

Moves
========

• heat wave and earth power are a must for max damages and sheer force and STAB
  • third move is interchangable; hidden power ice does well against Landorus-T (which is prominent in VGC'15), hp grass makes you not die to every water type alive; helps camel hit mons that it normally can't hit with it's STAB moves
  • Eruption is also possible over the hidden powers; however it is only 225 base atk (with STAB) and 100% accuracy; even 1% of damage will make it do less than Heat Wave. ALWAYS consider hidden powers before eruption.

Set Details
========
  • 252 HP 252 SAtk are probably most popular due to not needing speed (because of Trick Room) and because of natural bulk. It maximizes the damage and bulk that camel can get.
  • don't use not mega camel. always use mega camel. not mega camel is bad.
  • 0 Speed IVs is needed on Camel
Usage Tips
========

• ALWAYS use camel in trick room. if not in trick room, the chances of it attacking is much lower due to it being a mega and people double-targeting it.
  • TR only has 4 turns after usage; use them wisely. don't use them all switching out back and forth.
  • scarcely switch it in. most likely when you do (to a neutral attack), it'll take quite some damage. pair that with a priority move (like sucker punch) next move and it's done for.

Team Options
========

• Trick Room: necessary. don't consider mega camel without trick room. viable tr users include cress... and pretty much cress; apparently jellicent and goth are also things
  • Helping Hand: despite camerupt's massive power, it can't even KO stuff like aegislash-shield. +it ensures KOs on stuff that take it neutrally
  • redirection: camel dies to stuff. redirection ensures that it won't die to stuff. name amoonguss here due to helping the water type coverage because rage powder redirects stuff like hydro (and resists) and then can hit water types with giga drain. name storm drain here due to not having to waste a move (rage powder/follow me) since the turns of TR are vital and can't exactly be wasted.
  • stuff to beat water types: camel can't even touch water types, and it cries when it sees rotom-w. bring a grass type to help camel actually do something to water types; amoonguss can usually function the best in tr
  • feint: people will most likely use protect to stall out trick room. feint not only removes protect, it makes it so that camel can attack (and likely KO) the pokemon. It also removes wide guard, which is a problem if camel is spamming heat wave. (hitmontop (intimidate/feint/fo support)
  • something to beat things that camel can't kill: dragon types, water types, levitating fire types. name amoonguss, sylveon, ttar (and other things if i can think of them)

Other Options
########
  • fire blast
  • HP grass
  • rock slide
  • eruption
  • solarbeam (if in sun)

Checks & Counters
########
  • Dragon Types: resist heat wave, most popular ones are immune to earth power (hydra, mence). usually 2HKOed by hidden power ice and can usually OHKO camerupt in return. A huge problem if ancientpower/hp ice isn't used. Apparently latios is a threat too, but i have yet to see one that was actually well used. I will see if it is worth mentioning since I really haven't seen one (used well) yet.
  • Water Types: Rotom-W and Milotic: rotom-w has levitate and resists camerupt's STAB moves; a huge problem if you don't carry HP grass or have a teammate to kill it. Milotic has amazing SDef so it can tank camerupt's earth power with ease. make sure you have a way to beat these on your team.
  • levitating/flying fire types: resist/immune to camerupt's STABs and is hard to defeat without ancient power.
  • anything that counters trick room or hinders it's usage

Last edited:

leremyju

Banned deucer.
How is thundurus really a counter? Just mention water attacks and also say sun is an option to boost heat wave and weaken water moves

Alright, so here's what I'd like changed:

• Specify the Speed IV for Camerupt should be 0
  • Sheer Force is a x1.3 boost, not 1.5. I'd just drop the mention of the base stat increasing altogether.
  • The third slot is mainly for hitting what you can't hit with your stabs for neutral or SE damage and I'd address that. HP Grass is for Rotom-W, HP Ice is for the Ground immune Dragons (Salamence, Hydreigon, Latios). I'd also slash Ancientpower in that slot since it can deal with Charizard Y and Rotom-H who wall you otherwise.
  • I haven't actually used Eruption, but I'm not sure if it deserves a mention. It's ~25 BP more than Heat Wave factoring in Sheer Force, but you need to keep Camerupt at full Health for it to be any good.
  • Set Details are kind of lacking. Just explain that it's max / max for as much special attack as you can muster and the best overall bulk you can get.
  • I think the mention of Landorus-T here in particular is irrelevent and should be removed, but 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpAtk Landorus can't OHKO Heatran 15 times out of 16 with EQ.
  • Not sure Modest is worth any sort of mention. I guess it outspeeds Min Speed negative nature amoonguss outside of Trick Room and allows you to KO it before it puts your TR partner to sleep?
  • Team options is lacking considering you don't actually mention any Pokemon for it to be paired with. Trick Room should be the first bullet. Mention Cresselia since it's the best TR setter in the tier and gives Camerupt Helping Hand Support.
  • Change Storm Drain to Redirectional support. Camerupt Synergizes pretty well with Amoonguss who can Redirect Rotom-W's Hydro Pump, threaten water types with Giga Drain.
  • Other Team Options should be things that can take on the Dragon / Water / Levitating Fire-types that can take Camerupt attacks. Amoonguss, Sylveon, Tyranitar all sound pretty solid.
  • Change the counters section so the bullet points list Levitating Dragon-types (Latios especially, Hydreigon, Salamence if it lacks HP Ice or Ancient power) Water-types like Rotom-W and Miltoic, and Levitating Fire-types like Rotom-H and Salamence if they lack Ancientpower.

Main reason I mentioned thundurus was because of taunt. Assuming you aren't running Mental Herb, thundurus ruins you just by taunt.

though now that you mention it it's easily beaten will change ty

I mention eruption because i've seen some usage; it certainly is a better option (considering you're at full health) due to the 100% accuracy and the more base power. other than that, eruption sucks.
forgot milotic exists, haven't faced one in a while whoops

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just knitpicking here, you don't list the post-mega ability on the ability tab. Just the pre-mega one.

hi KillerOrcas

remove:
"opponent almost will know that mega is camerupt"
hp grass from the first set
growth and ancientpower from other options
"protect" from checks/counters
"fast mode" from team options. i agree with this, but in a fast mode you're not using camerupt and this is an analysis for using mega camerupt.

add:
other trick room users in team options. are you forgetting about gothitelle and jellicent?
specific grass-types
specific feint users
hp grass, rock slide, eruption, solarbeam to other options.

i'll probably stamp this after you make these changes !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)