2015 VGC Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not well versed in VGC / doubles in general so I'm no help there, but we do have a dedicated VGC forum where you could also post / lurk to learn more about it.

This was a really difficult RMT to read as you change your formatting a lot (going from dashes to bullet point to nothing on movesets, you also have nature on some but no EVs, or no nature but EVs on others). I would recommend taking some time to proofread your posts before posting them, making them aesthetically pleasing to readers increases your chances of actually getting people to read them and in turn giving you feedback.

I do have some suggestions for your individual team members:

Gardevoir: maybe try running the popular 'dragon slayer' spread of Modest 86 HP / 196 Sp.Atk / 228 Speed with a scarf. It's designed to outspeed non-scarf Noivern by 1 point (the fastest dragon type) and kill the rest while having some bulk as well. Personally, I would go with Moonblast over Dazzling gleam as the spread damage penalty in doubles makes it pretty weak, and since you have it for specifically killing dragon types then you should just focus on them rather than dealing damage to both opponents.

Lucario: You haven't listed a nature... Jolly is the preferred one for physical Luke though. You can't reliably deal with Talonflame with it though as the Choice Band set (the most popular afaik) can OHKO Luke.

Aegislash: I would have thought that VGC was too fast-paced for King's Shield + Sub but like I said, I have no idea. I would probably use Shadow Sneak over Shadow Claw though

Rotom: I know Rotom is better off going Bold or Calm if you want it to be a wall (with max HP and Def or SpD investment)

Hydreigon: Why Mild but no physical moves? I would rebreed for either a Modest or Timid nature. I would probably try and sneak Flash Cannon (for fairies) and Earth Power (for Heatran) onto it somehow, maybe drop Roost and Fire Blast for them. I also don't like the combination of Life Orb and Draco Meteor, maybe swap the item to a Choice Specs or the move to Dragon Pulse

Landorus: looks fine at the moment, perhaps you could use a Jolly one instead? I would also consider trying to get Knock Off on it somewhere, although Choice Band wouldn't be the best item choice in that situation...

Sylveon works best with Choice Specs and under Tailwind or Trick Room to help with its speed. I don't believe Volcarona will be that popular in VGC this year...

Hope I was somewhat helpful!

I am so sorry, I completely missed that I was lacking that information. I will be posting a completed version of this post soon (with a proper title as well). I would also like to apologize to any members whom I inconvenienced by posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)