3rd Game Move Tutors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What move tutors would you like to see for the 3rd game in the Diamond and Pearl series?

Earth Power. It's a great move but it's rarely seen. I think it's unfair that everything learns Earthquake but nothing learns Earth Power.

Aura Sphere. Focus Blast is just too inaccuarate. Special needs a few good move tutors, They got shunted on the whole physical special split.

Slack Off. There are a few pokemon out there that could be really good tanks if they just had a decent recovery move.

Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz and Wood Hammer. One move tutor for 3 moves isn't unheard of. Plus there are a handful of pokemon out there that could be good sweepers if they had better attacks. *coughLuxraycoughFlareoncough*

What move tutors would you like to see for the 3rd game in the Diamond and Pearl series?

Earth Power. It's a great move but it's rarely seen. I think it's unfair that everything learns Earthquake but nothing learns Earth Power.

Aura Sphere. Focus Blast is just too inaccuarate. Special needs a few good move tutors, They got shunted on the whole physical special split.

Slack Off. There are a few pokemon out there that could be really good tanks if they just had a decent recovery move.

Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz and Wood Hammer. One move tutor for 3 moves isn't unheard of. Plus there are a handful of pokemon out there that could be good sweepers if they had better attacks. *coughLuxraycoughFlareoncough*
It's like you're reading my mind!!!

Both Ground and Fighting lack a solid Special move, and there needs to be an easy access recovery move for those that are reckless (by strategy, not pure recklessness).

I can't agree with Volt Tackle more, because of the fact that not even Pikachu can get it anymore. Flare Blitz would be good for Flareon as a Level Up, but I suppose Entei still needs it, which creates a small need for it. Wood Hammer is also needed, with only a few options for Leaf Blade now (It is the only good Physical Grass attack,right?).

EDIT: My bad on the Volt Tackle.

those are all good, but honestly Rapid Spin is needed most. We only have like 8 Rapid Spinners total, and that's including Torkoal. Yah, so Rapid Spin tutor over all.

I can't agree with Volt Tackle more, because of the fact that not even Pikachu can get it anymore. .
This confuses me, i bred 2 pikachus, male holding light ball(i think coulda been female), and the baby had volt tackle, i have a box with ANOTHER pichu i didnt raise with it and a pikachu i use online sometimes with it

Also seed bomb is a pretty good physical grass that a few pokes can get via egg move

you can still get volt tackle on Pikachu. Rapid Spin would be a good move too. with skarm's popularity back on the rise there will be occasions where someone will have 3 layers of spikes and s-rock up, and that is just not fun to switch into.

3rd game move tutors? I would like to see hypnosis, earth power, aura sphere, knock off, nasty plot, pursuit, and a couple others.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Elemental Punches. Would save a lot of things a lot of hassle, and its rather ridiculous for Floatsel not to have Ice Punch.

Elemental Fangs. (breeding just ain't enough.)

Double-Edge Tutors: Teach the DE move of each pokemon. (eg DE/Brave Bird/Wood Hammer/Flare Blitz/Volt Tackle)

Won't include Head Smash because that move is simply too beastly.

Most of the Emerald Tutors, including Seismic Toss, Counter, and Swift.

I'd love to see Fake Out and Trump Card available to more pokemon, and I'm a huge fan of Body Slam as well. Elemental punches would also be nice, and I wouldn't mind seeing Weather Ball available to a couple more pokes.

those are all good, but honestly Rapid Spin is needed most. We only have like 8 Rapid Spinners total, and that's including Torkoal. Yah, so Rapid Spin tutor over all.
We don't need a rapid spin tutor, we need a new move like rapid spin. So few pokes can learn it...

We need like Tornado, and it blows all enviroment changes away. Something has to change the bog standard of spinners.

And Pidgeot could see some Tornado use...

I don't think we need Punch and Fang tutors; a ton of Pokemon already get these attacks. What we really need tutors for are, as someone already said, special attacks. There are some excellent special moves (Earth Power, Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Power Gem, etc.) that almost no Pokemon have access to. Physical sweepers are really dominating the competetive battlefield right now, and I would love to see a boost in special sweepers' movepools. It's wrong that Salamence can get "boltbeam" and not Alakazam.

Power Gem, Rapid Spin, the elemental punches, and Land Power. Power Gem is on what.. two pokemon, and is the only real viable special rock move in the game (besides Hidden Power). Rapid spin is obvious. Land Power because Earthquake is a TM, and it's special counterpart should be more available.

Power Gem is on what.. two pokemon, and is the only real viable special rock move in the game (besides Hidden Power).
Ancientpower... 60 BP and 10% raising all stats...
Weather Ball... 100 BP Special Rock attack in Sandstorm... (Castform and Roserade)

The moves that are most likely to return are the elemental punches and these other Emerald/FRLG moves. For newer moves, I suppose I would bet a few bucks on a Fang tutor as well.

Rock Polish is a TM. There's no need for it to be a Tutor Move.
Yes, a 1 time TM. It should be more available, though you can breed it onto a lot of stuff with Geodude and Onix learning it via level [probably amongst others].

And Mekkah, use your imagination...it's what you'd like to see, not necessarily what's most likely.

Hmmm, I have a few ideas too. Rapid Spin (for all those peeps complaining about Stealth Rock), Mirror Coat (we had Counter in Emerald, time for its Special counterpart), Flatter (same reason as Mirror Coat, in this case Swagger), Extremespeed (one move to change the entire way a match started), Vacuum Wave (cool).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)