5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Ok, so I've never used a Chatot before (and honestly I wouldn't give a fuck about Chatot except it apparently can advance the PIDRNG), so...how do you make this dumb recording? I just caught 2 of them in Pearl and I'm not seeing any options at all...and yes, this is the first time in...what, 5 years or so I've caught a Chatot.

Along those lines, does this recording have to be made in B/W, or can I make it in Pearl (however the hell you do that) and transfer it over and it'll still advance the pidrng?
If it knows the move chatter you can use that move like it's a HM. I'm pretty sure you have to remake the recording after you trade but it doesn't really matter it just takes a few seconds to record something custom with it.

So im trying to RNG Encounter Pokemon.

Now everything turn out fine except Nature I keep getting a Impish instead of a Timid.
Any reason why? I know I'm hitting my seed correctly because all the IVs are correct.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so I've never used a Chatot before (and honestly I wouldn't give a fuck about Chatot except it apparently can advance the PIDRNG), so...how do you make this dumb recording? I just caught 2 of them in Pearl and I'm not seeing any options at all...and yes, this is the first time in...what, 5 years or so I've caught a Chatot.

Along those lines, does this recording have to be made in B/W, or can I make it in Pearl (however the hell you do that) and transfer it over and it'll still advance the pidrng?
It has to know Chatter. You'll probably have to redo the recording, but it is still just as easy to do. Takes like five seconds.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp

Now everything turn out fine except Nature I keep getting a Impish instead of a Timid.
Any reason why? I know I'm hitting my seed correctly because all the IVs are correct.
Are you advancing the PIDRNG? If so, did you make sure you were starting on the right frame? Also, make sure there aren't any wandering NPCs on the route that might mess it up.

Try saving after taking your steps and before entering the battle. It should change the nature.

If that doesn't give you Timid, try again, but save twice.

And so on.

My starting Frame is 1 So I don't have to walk.

But the PID frame was 5 so i save 5 times, but the nature is wrong.

Do i have to check the staring PID frame even if my starting frame is 1?

Hey guys, when I search for seeds in C-gear abuse option, I got 2 flawless spread at frame 1 and frame 3. I know that C-gear abuse starts at frame 3.

I want to ask is frame 1 the real frame 3, because the program already accounts it to be C-gear abuse, or it's not the case and frame 3 is the one I should use and ignore frame 1-2?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
My starting Frame is 1 So I don't have to walk.

But the PID frame was 5 so i save 5 times, but the nature is wrong.

Do i have to check the staring PID frame even if my starting frame is 1?
The PID starts around 40-50 and is variable, so you have to check it again for every new seed.

So far I've been very successful catching wild pokemon and manipulating their PID frames. Now I'm trying my first breeding project, and I'm having some trouble.

I'm saved inside the day care house with an egg ready for me. When I hit my frame, walk out and talk to the man as fast as I can, I hit PID frame 61. This is the same regardless of the amount of time I actually spend inside the house.

I'm trying to hit the spread on frame 62. For some reason, however, when I save once inside the house, it advances my PID frame by 3? Every single time I save then walk out and grab the egg, I hit frame 64. Each of these occurrences has happened 3 times now.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Ah damn, the stupid Chatot learns Chatter at 21 and mine are both in the 40s...stupid wild Pokemon. Guess I'll have to waste 2 heart scales on them, as much as I dislike doing so...

I know it's not really RNG related, but using that PokeTransfer, must you send 6 at a time? Or can I just drop off the 2 Chatot and not have to come up with 4 other random Pokemon?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So far I've been very successful catching wild pokemon and manipulating their PID frames. Now I'm trying my first breeding project, and I'm having some trouble.

I'm saved inside the day care house with an egg ready for me. When I hit my frame, walk out and talk to the man as fast as I can, I hit PID frame 61. This is the same regardless of the amount of time I actually spend inside the house.

I'm trying to hit the spread on frame 62. For some reason, however, when I save once inside the house, it advances my PID frame by 3? Every single time I save then walk out and grab the egg, I hit frame 64. Each of these occurrences has happened 3 times now.

This is only a theory, but the current PIDRNG frame affects the movements of the NPCs, and they may have made more movements (and hence RNG advances) on one frame instead of the other.

I suggest you get a Chatot in your party instead. Instead of saving inside the house, go outside, make one advance with Chatot, and immediately collect your egg. You'll be more likely to get frame 62 that way.

Ah damn, the stupid Chatot learns Chatter at 21 and mine are both in the 40s...stupid wild Pokemon. Guess I'll have to waste 2 heart scales on them, as much as I dislike doing so...

I know it's not really RNG related, but using that PokeTransfer, must you send 6 at a time? Or can I just drop off the 2 Chatot and not have to come up with 4 other random Pokemon?
You have to send 6 at a time, but you can choose to catch only the Chatots in the PokeTransfer game and leave the others behind.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

NPC's directions are from the seed itself, if you give them a different current seed they behave differently.

Exiting the house at a different frame causes the NPCs to behave differently, and not as you predicted. Try waiting a split second more before grabbing the egg. That, or what OD said.

Going to your menu and saving outside can be done without NPC frame advances, I've been able to save many times consecutively to follow the frame pattern according to the amount of advances I do. You can go from your menu to talking to the man with no NPC advancements at all if you are quick about it.

==

Again, there is no PID-IV relation so there is no way to check PID frame with IVs. The only way to do it is with the pattern of natures you get with increasing saves.

==
@of, that is correct, as there is no PID-IV relation and reporter does not give you both methods at the same time.

When I was searching through the Natures/IV Inheritance of seeds I notice that the Ditto Parent is messed up giving me the IVs of a regular parent and it works the other way around when I use a different parent and the same goes with the gender, but the nature and ability is predicted correctly. Has this been happening to anyone else?
I had this problem too. I would use a ditto and the natures/ability/gender corresponded to a non ditto parent, and vice versa. And when I finally landed on my shiny frame which was attainable with the nature I wanted only by using a ditto, it was the wrong nature.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
where do i type in the IVs of the pokemon to check the PID starting frame on RNG Repoter?
IVs are separate from PID now; you have to check it using nature, ability, gender, and encounter code. You put the seed into the main screen under Method 5 PIDRNG.

Can someone please give me a guide on how to RNG abuse the Roamer Pokemon (Tornadus and Thundurus)? Thanks! :)

IVs are separate from PID now; you have to check it using nature, ability, gender, and encounter code. You put the seed into the main screen under Method 5 PIDRNG.
Im using a synchronizer do I click the button and the button with nature or does it have to be set to none?

If you're doing Standard RNG abuse (non c-gear), IVs and natures are generated independently. Once you get the correct IVs, you need to go through a separate process for RNGing the nature. Check out the Youtube videos in the OP.

Does anyone know what a normal starting PIDRNG frame for eggs would be?
I got female, Ability 0, Relaxed, and that didn't show up until frame 216.

There is a bug with the RNG Reporter. The ability and nature are correct however the gender and inherited IVs will be found using the Ditto Parent option, unless you are using a Ditto parent then search without that. At least that is from my experience.

Double check to make sure you hit the right seed. You probably missed it.

The one I'm working on right now is starting on 61.

EDIT: Nvm, Human may be right. I don't use RNG Reporter.

Don't know how anybody can claim to be able to find their parameters on a Cyclo DS. I've tried four times, messing with the properties as much as I could, and I'm not able to find any parameters.

Running White (U) with Cyclo DS Beta 7 firmware. So, yeah, newest firmware won't fix Cyclo DS problems, I believe.

How do you know the starting PID frame since it's between 40-60? Sorry if this has been answered a million times already... Thanks! ^^;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)