5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Meloetta cannot be shiny. That is the default status of any Wonder Card Pokemon; except for Strongest Pikachu and the Japanese Kyushu Pokemon.

And about that thing with Gift Pokemon not advancing the PID frame: It is correct, but there are a few general exceptions when there is a trait contrary to the PID is forced, like Dratini/Gible (shiny), the black Haxorus (shiny) and that Eevee from Amanita (gender). In that case the PID frame is advanced by 1 before the Pokemon is actually generated.

Meloetta cannot be shiny. That is the default status of any Wonder Card Pokemon; except for Strongest Pikachu and the Japanese Kyushu Pokemon.

And about that thing with Gift Pokemon not advancing the PID frame: It is correct, but there are a few general exceptions when there is a trait contrary to the PID is forced, like Dratini/Gible (shiny), the black Haxorus (shiny) and that Eevee from Amanita (gender). In that case the PID frame is advanced by 1 before the Pokemon is actually generated.
Alright, makes sense. What is the method and encounter type I'm using in the RNG Reporter window (not the Time Finder)? My frame is supposed to be 866 but it isn't matching up with any of the method and encounter type combos I'm putting in.

Wondercard 5th gen is all you should need. If you didn't specify wondercard while using time finder you will need to do that again.
I found what I was doing wrong. I had the IVs selected in the window so it was only showing my frame instead of the rest. I believe I have it now. Thanks. :D

They don't have to be on your screen to affect it, as long as they're nearby. Your best bet is to just keep trying to compensate. If you're 10 frames over, stop 10 frames sooner next time. If you keep bouncing around your target no matter what frame you stop on, you can save the game again so the NPC starts from a different position next time.
Just out of interest, would this piece of advice be applicable to my attempt to RNG Thundurus in White 1?:

I'm going for frame 750, and through trial and error have found that I'm hitting frame 751 with 145 Chatot flips before heading outside to button mash through the storm sequence. But when I try 144 Chatot flips, I'm getting all the way down at frame 725 :( Seems like a big discrepancy really, but I've done it about 3 times for each and got the same results and no others (except for a couple of Timer0 trolls).

Trying to figure out how I can change this to get my Shiny 30/7/30/31/31/31 HP(Ice) Timid Thundurus (the 30 HP IV will bug me, best I could get without resetting my game though :( ). So would saving again perhaps work? Only other thing I could think of was using some sort of Delay Timer instead of button-mashing, in the style of earlier Gen RNG.

Hi, i'm trying to do some Standard Seed RNG'ing, but i'm finding my delay has been fluctuating far too much for me to usable/ convenient.
I was hitting a consistent 9 second delay, but it's started fluctuating between 7-9 seconds.
I'm using Black 1 and a 3ds, i was confident with RNG'ing back when i had a Lite, and i've succesfully RNG'd with my 3DS without this problem cropping up, and would really like to know if something's causing it/ is there anything i can do about it.

Also, i'm getting an error every time i dowload the latest RNG reporter, saying it's not a valid Win32 application (currently using 9.95) so any solutions for that would be appreciated too.

Also, i'm getting an error every time i dowload the latest RNG reporter, saying it's not a valid Win32 application (currently using 9.95) so any solutions for that would be appreciated too.
Hi, what OS are you using? The latest version of the RNG Reporter will not work with Windows XP. Also, you may need to update your .Net Framework if you are using Vista/7/8 so that you can use the latest RNG Reporter.

Hi, what OS are you using? The latest version of the RNG Reporter will not work with Windows XP. Also, you may need to update your .Net Framework if you are using Vista/7/8 so that you can use the latest RNG Reporter.
Ah, thanks for resolving that one. I am indeed using XP

Hi, i'm trying to do some Standard Seed RNG'ing, but i'm finding my delay has been fluctuating far too much for me to usable/ convenient.
What delay are you referring to? As far as I know, Standard Seed uses no delay... perhaps you meant C-Gear? In which case, I won't be able to help, never done it.

Are you perhaps running Windows XP? The latest version is not XP-compatible, a fact which I am very sad about - means I have not been able to RNG anything in White 2 yet :(

What delay are you referring to? As far as I know, Standard Seed uses no delay... perhaps you meant C-Gear? In which case, I won't be able to help, never done it.
As in the difference between the time you click.to start the game, and the time the seed wants you to start the game. When callibrating, my actual seconds vary between 7-9 after the time i clicked to start the game.
Apologies if i was using incorrect terminology.

By how much will the PID-frame be increased for the following Pokémon when talking to them (black 2):

1) Cresselia (I can see two NPC´s however they don´t seem to move so they won´t influence my PID-Frame, right?)
2) Kyurem
3) Zekrom
4) Vesprit, Uxie and Azelf
5) Meloetta (Method is Gift-Pokemon, right?)

1. 0
2. 0? (have to check that one)
3. 0
4. 0
5. NOT a Gift Pokemon, but a 5th Gen Wondercard. We have to check that personally yet, but some people say 1.

I've done Meloetta on a few different carts and it's never advanced when picking up, i.e. if my initial PID frame was 51, and I picked it up right after entering the game, its stats would match frame 51.

Extrapolating Timer0 value from B2 to W2?

Can somebody please help me out? I'm trying to search my parameters so that I can RNG abuse Genesect multiple times on my French White 2. However, whenever I put in the information and click search RNG reporter crashes. I tried with other languages but then I don't find anything.
I am facing the same crash with RNG reporter 9965_PublicBeta with French White 2. However, I succeeded in calibrating for French Black 2... According previous experience with French White 1 and Black 1 on DS/Lite and DSi/XL, only Timer0 value is changing between W and B, VCount/VFrame/GxStat remaining unchanged.

So here is my question : is there a way (by hand) to extrapolate Time0 value from B2 to W2, if the same hardware is used (waiting for RNG reporter next release)?

Having unova link calibration problems.

I am new to RNG abuse. I have been trying to get a shiny starting snivy by soft resetting for about six days. So I thought I would give this a go. I finally found out how to get parameters for this, but every time I enter all of the correct information, it displays no results.

I am using Black 2 RNGreporter version 9.96.5 Beta. I am using an original DS. What do I do to ensure results will show? I got it to show one time then nothing. I do not have memory link checked.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am new to RNG abuse. I have been trying to get a shiny starting snivy by soft resetting for about six days. So I thought I would give this a go. I finally found out how to get parameters for this, but every time I enter all of the correct information, it displays no results.

I am using Black 2 RNGreporter version 9.96.5 Beta. I am using an original DS. What do I do to ensure results will show? I got it to show one time then nothing. I do not have memory link checked.
Unova Link calibration on RNG Reporter? IIRC, it ain't available...are you confusing it with something else?

My White Meloetta was 0.

Can someone explain the gender part of RNG Reporter to me? I'm trying to get an Adamant Heracross with perfect IVs but I want it to be male so I can pass Megahorn on to other Pokemon (like Karrablast).

My White Meloetta was 0.

Can someone explain the gender part of RNG Reporter to me? I'm trying to get an Adamant Heracross with perfect IVs but I want it to be male so I can pass Megahorn on to other Pokemon (like Karrablast).
Find a frame that says M under the 50%F column.

jedi, I think he was just talking about doing the starting pokemon for the game.

Find a frame that says M under the 50%F column.

jedi, I think he was just talking about doing the starting pokemon for the game.
Alright cool. What about ones that say 75%F and have an F in them but an M in the 50%F column? I think that's just what's confusing me, because there are 4 columns with different values and letters.

The values there apply to females. 50% female is the column, so the remaining 50 is male. That first column describes pokemon with a 50/50 gender ratio. The next column is pokemon with 12.5% female/87.5% male ratio and so on. So on that individual frame, the gender can vary based on the gender ratio of the pokemon you will be capturing. Since Heracross has a 50/50 gender ratio, you use the corresponding column to tell what gender it will be.

The values there apply to females. 50% female is the column, so the remaining 50 is male. That first column describes pokemon with a 50/50 gender ratio. The next column is pokemon with 12.5% female/87.5% male ratio and so on. So on that individual frame, the gender can vary based on the gender ratio of the pokemon you will be capturing. Since Heracross has a 50/50 gender ratio, you use the corresponding column to tell what gender it will be.
Alright, makes complete sense now. Thanks a lot. I think I've got all of this down now. RNG'd legendaries, a Wondercard Pokemon, flawless shinies, plain flawless, and bred to get flawless shinies. All I haven't done are RNG abuse shaking grass/water spots (don't really plan on it) and do roaming Pokemon. The most annoying part is just hitting the right Timer0 since EonTimer likes to screw up and start skipping when it beeps.

Unova Link calibration on RNG Reporter? IIRC, it ain't available...are you confusing it with something else?
I take it you can't help then? It is available. You open up RNGreporter, go to 5th gen tools then go to Unova Link Parameters. So, anyone know how to fix this? I got one parameter out of it and I can't get anymore. That is only after I restart my computer.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I take it you can't help then? It is available. You open up RNGreporter, go to 5th gen tools then go to Unova Link Parameters. So, anyone know how to fix this? I got one parameter out of it and I can't get anymore. That is only after I restart my computer.
Well, I've done Unova Link Calibration with PPRNG. If you say it is on RNG Reporter too, a few screen caps might reveal some similarities, of which I may be able to provide better assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)