5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So, I've been interacting with PoJ and I believe that what I need to do to get my TID/SID is to try every different Timer0 until I hit the one that my cart has. Unfortunately, I don't understand the nomenclature of the Timer0's. Can anyone list or point me to a list of all the Timer0's from C60 to CA0 (or something like that)? Or, if you don't want to do that, could you explain to me the system of their naming so I can myself figure out which ones to try?

So, I've been interacting with PoJ and I believe that what I need to do to get my TID/SID is to try every different Timer0 until I hit the one that my cart has. Unfortunately, I don't understand the nomenclature of the Timer0's. Can anyone list or point me to a list of all the Timer0's from C60 to CA0 (or something like that)? Or, if you don't want to do that, could you explain to me the system of their naming so I can myself figure out which ones to try?
A retail cartridge has at most 2 timer0 values. Figure out 1 (from doing a parameter search) and the other one is either 1 higher or 1 lower.

For example if one of your timer0 values is CA2 the other one could be either CA1 or CA3. If you don't understand what CA1 means find a hex to decimal converter online and convert the hex numbers to decimal.

The problem is, I did find out those things when I played through. I caught five Pokemon in individual calibration attempts; four resulted in C7B and one in C7C. I've tried both of those to no avail, and just now I tried C7A, which yielded nothing either. I'm pretty sure that those aren't the Timer0's then, as the correct ones would have yielded TIDs that should have at least led to results in the Seed Finder section when included with the time/date/etc. of the seed, shouldn't they have? These had results only when I used a broader frame range than the target seed had (the seed had only 28 to 28, and I had the range open from 0 to 59) as well as 0 to 59 for the seconds.

The problem is, I did find out those things when I played through. I caught five Pokemon in individual calibration attempts; four resulted in C7B and one in C7C. I've tried both of those to no avail, and just now I tried C7A, which yielded nothing either. I'm pretty sure that those aren't the Timer0's then, as the correct ones would have yielded TIDs that should have at least led to results in the Seed Finder section when included with the time/date/etc. of the seed, shouldn't they have? These had results only when I used a broader frame range than the target seed had (the seed had only 28 to 28, and I had the range open from 0 to 59) as well as 0 to 59 for the seconds.
Don't rely on min frame/calculate min frame in Pandora's box. Even though it says 28/28 you're probably not starting on frame 28. Just figure out your starting frame manually by using the middle column in Pandora's box after you get an ID/SID combo without any frame advances (it's like finding a starting PID frame for an egg) and go from there. 0-40 be wide enough.

That's because in order to get your starter you need to hit a separate seed (the one you found in the time finder). And, if you didn't already know, your IV frame has to be 1 since you have no way to advance the IV frame that early in the game. After you get your ID/SID, you have to save right before you choose your starter.

Turn off the game, and now you have to attempt to hit your seed that you found in the time finder. Once you hit your seed (Or hope that you hit your seed, since you don't know if you got the correct timer0) and you're in the game, pick your starter right away without doing any PID advancements (Since you need to find your starting frame). After the two battles, check to see if you hit your seed by looking at the Pokemon's IVs. It might be hard to tell since it's level 5, but you can look at the characteristic. If it's "Likes to thrash about" or "Alert to sounds", then you most likely hit your seed. If you got the right IVs, look at the nature and gender and find a PID frame that yields those results to find your starting frame and hope that your starting frame is not over 56. Then, hit your seed again but advance the frame accordingly by saving (each save is 1 PID advancement).

Let me know if this made sense and helped :)
Thanks a lot for the answer dear Princess, it makes a lot of sense. Yesterday, just after posting my question, I've tried the way of hitting an IV Seed after saving in front of the starters (I've found it with Method 5 - Wild Pokémon, it's this correct?), but I haven't found the correct spread in 4 tries... Maybe it depends on the ugly keypresses (A+Start+Down) 'cause I've never missed a seed before.
I'm now trying to find another couple of seeds with a Shiny and Adamant PID frame <300, but the RNG Reporter continues to crash :-(
BTW, what do you mean with
(Or hope that you hit your seed, since you don't know if you got the correct timer0)
Before resetting my wife's save (with her allowance, of course ^_^), I've checked my parameters a couple of times and I've always found a Min and Max Taimer0 of C6B.
Is there the possibility that, starting a new game, the Timer0 would change? O_o
Thank you for your kind support

I've tried another couple of simple seeds, but without results!
I can't understand why, if my parameters were correct for IV/PID RNGing before resetting and for catching the desired pair of ID/SID, the couldn't be good to IV RNGing that damn starter!

I'm sorry for the double Edit!
I've got, finally, a valid IV seed... but Saving doesn't advance my PID Frame!
I got a Starting Frame of 49 from RNG Reporter with a Target of 75, I checked my Shifted Starting Frame in 61, I've saved 14 times... and I found always the same 61st damned frame!
Obviously, after the first time, I've checked the (probably) new Shifted Starting Frame and what I've found? Ta Dah! Always that 61st Frame!
I've tried many times (actually I'm at the 5th), but the result it's always the same

I'm sorry for the double Edit!
I've got, finally, a valid IV seed... but Saving doesn't advance my PID Frame!
I got a Starting Frame of 49 from RNG Reporter with a Target of 75, I checked my Shifted Starting Frame in 61, I've saved 14 times... and I found always the same 61st damned frame!
Obviously, after the first time, I've checked the (probably) new Shifted Starting Frame and what I've found? Ta Dah! Always that 61st Frame!
I've tried many times (actually I'm at the 5th), but the result it's always the same
You're doing something wrong. There are no NPCs in your room so your starting frame should be whatever RNG reporter says (Frame 49). You need to save 26 times to get to frame 75.

Don't rely on min frame/calculate min frame in Pandora's box. Even though it says 28/28 you're probably not starting on frame 28. Just figure out your starting frame manually by using the middle column in Pandora's box after you get an ID/SID combo without any frame advances (it's like finding a starting PID frame for an egg) and go from there. 0-40 be wide enough.
Thank you! I just got it out of this advice.

Hey guys!

Wondering if someone could help me out here. I've been able to rng stationary pokemon, cave pokemon and eggs using PPRNG for Mac OSX, but I'm having trouble with surfing and dust spot (for excadrill) rng.

The main problem is that I'm not sure exactly what options to select, for example for the shiny hexflawless male frillish I'm trying to rng in driftveil city where the chance of finding on surfing is 100% so as to not to have to worry about ESV. I've tried the seed that I put in the 3rd screenshot a few times but I never got it shiny or anything I wanted on the frillish, so maybe I'm missing some check boxes?

So if someone could say what boxes/options to check off (that I haven't already) in the screenshot I'm attaching below, that'd be great! And also if someone could say what to check off for in regards to a excadrill perfect rng and some tips, e.g does the dust spot pop up after I hit the seed etc...?

This is a blankish one page with the obvious things checked already:
http://i.imgur.com/uhhrY.png

This is what I've been doing to try for the Frillish (you can check it too see what I'm doing wrong):
http://i.imgur.com/S4tnb.png

and the selected option from the above picture (highlighted in green in above picture):
http://i.imgur.com/c7SO4.png

Thanks a lot guys!

You're doing something wrong. There are no NPCs in your room so your starting frame should be whatever RNG reporter says (Frame 49). You need to save 26 times to get to frame 75.
It's almost impossible that I'm doing something wrong 'cause I can't do anything other than saving in front of the gift box where the starters are.
These is what I usually do:
1- Start my game hitting the IV Seed
2- Take my pokémon and check its nature in order to check the PIDFrame
3- Restart and save in front of the box as many times as I need

What I'm doing wrong???

It's almost impossible that I'm doing something wrong 'cause I can't do anything other than saving in front of the gift box where the starters are.
These is what I usually do:
1- Start my game hitting the IV Seed
2- Take my pokémon and check its nature in order to check the PIDFrame
3- Restart and save in front of the box as many times as I need

What I'm doing wrong???
You know starters are gift Pokemon, right? If you hit the wrong frame simply adjust the number of saves (less/more) until you hit your target frame.

Does RNG breeding a DW Pikachu with a Light Ball attached change anything in the RNG? Because if not, I think I've found a small problem in RNG reporter.

(Since I can't take screenshots, I'll just give a summary of the problem, and if there's no apparent flaw in my process as I've abridged it, then I'll give the full details.)

Basically, I've got two parents that I know are 30/31/30/31/31/31 (Ma) and 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Fe), I'm using BW (nonInternational), all the buttons are right (no contradictions like Ditto parent and DW ability only together), and the seed I'm aiming for is being hit successfully (I verified the IVs via a Victory Road capture, and one other thing will prove I've hit it).

My starting frame is 45, and my target is 136. 91 advances. Also, there is only one other shiny frame, 138, which is "False" for DW ability inheritance. So, I've tried twice and both times I've gotten a shiny Pichu, with the DW ability (As I wanted) and... HP Electric. My target was HP Ice. So, I go to the IV guy as I was going to anyway for confirmation, and it turns out it does NOT have 31 in Spe.

So I've got essentially everything perfect, and provably perfect, yet the target Pokemon does not want to show up as it's supposed to. I wanted 30/31/30/31/31/31, and the inheritance for the target frame was /x/x/x/Fe/Fe/Ma, so it has to be a 31 Spe, but what the IV guy is saying (Outstanding + Atk/SpA/SpD are 31) suggests that it is instead 30/31/30/31/31/30, being the HP Electric I found.

Is this a common issue when using the Light Ball to force in Volt Tackle as an egg move? Or is this just a small-scale error?

EDIT: Okay, so RCing the Pichu up a bit reveals that its Spe is 24-27, and since the seed has Spe at 26 I think it's safe to say, with the other things considered, that this Pichu is 30/31/30/31/31/26. So my seed had to have a blank inheritance spot for Spe.

EDIT2: A search for "Light Ball" on the site yields nothing, and I can't think of anything else that I'm

EDIT3: Dammit I completely forgot that the Pikachu was Japanese, so damn used to only my Ditto being Japanese... As you might have guessed, there WERE other shiny frames adjacent to the one I "hit", so... yeah. You can all go back home, nothing to see here.

I'm using the Shiny Egg Finder (4th/5th gen Shiny Egg). The spread asks for 73 frames. Do I have to use a Chatot 65 times then?
Why would you choose to have your min frame at 70?
Isn't the starting frame 8 for the Daycare? Wouldn't you want something closer to that?

Using information from this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3466457&postcount=5

EDIT: Also, can someone explain this:
5.) Hit generate. It assumes you are saved in front of the daycare man, so it only considers frame 8 spreads. It'll give you useable frames.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I'm using the Shiny Egg Finder (4th/5th gen Shiny Egg). The spread asks for 73 frames. Do I have to use a Chatot 65 times then?
Why would you choose to have your min frame at 70?
Isn't the starting frame 8 for the Daycare? Wouldn't you want something closer to that?

Using information from this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3466457&postcount=5

EDIT: Also, can someone explain this:
Okay well all breeding seeds are located on IV Frame 8. The seed that you got is for the PID Frame. So your desired frame is 73. When you put this seed in the main Window of RNGreporter(After Selecting BW Breeding as the Method) and paste the seed into the box that says "Seed". After that you click "Calculate Initial PID Frame". This will give your your Initial frame, but with breeding we have to deal with NPCs. NPCs on Route 3 range from 4-6. So just add 4 to your Initial frame and that's your starting frame.

Okay well all breeding seeds are located on IV Frame 8. The seed that you got is for the PID Frame. So your desired frame is 73. When you put this seed in the main Window of RNGreporter(After Selecting BW Breeding as the Method) and paste the seed into the box that says "Seed". After that you click "Calculate Initial PID Frame". This will give your your Initial frame, but with breeding we have to deal with NPCs. NPCs on Route 3 range from 4-6. So just and 4 to your Initial frame and that's your starting frame.
I agree with everything you said except the bolded. Usually, for me, the NPCs almost always advance by 2 if I do my PID advancements and take the egg ASAP. So usually I just add 2 to find my SSF. So my point is, adding 4 to your initial frame isn't always your starting frame.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I agree with everything you said except the bolded. Usually, for me, the NPCs almost always advance by 2 if I do my PID advancements and take the egg ASAP. So usually I just add 2 to find my SSF. So my point is, adding 4 to your initial frame isn't always your starting frame.
True, but I was saying from my point of view. Some games are different I suppose. Like no matter how fast I do it, NPCs always take me to +4 from my Initial frame. If I'm just like the slightest bit slow, it takes me to +6 frames.

Moral of the Story, NPCs suck xD

Hi I am new to RNGing, and I am stuck, I set up my DS paramiters fine, (exact #s available upon request) with the typical fluctuating timer0 value. My problem is, no matter how hard I try, I can't find shinys (eggs or wild), the synchronize nature doesn't ever get the right nature, and when I try to use the encounter slot function it never gives me accurate results. As you can tell I am a little frusterated, and could use a little help. If anyone out there is willing to help me LMK I would really appricate it.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
do roamers advance the frames like they did in gen 4?
EDIT: I would also like to know why this is happening to me:
as some of you know I'm not really a fan of shiny pokemon so I try to stay away from them, whatever that has nothing to do with me question. I was trying to RNG a non shiny emboar egg. I filled everything up and decided to use the one from frame 91 since it'll be female. Note, I actually used my ID-SID combination so I dont know if this might be the problem. Anyways, I actually RNG'd the egg on such frame but after wondering a while I decided I did not wanted good enough and that I was going to go for another seed, then I realized that frame 101 on the same seed had the specifications I was looking for. A few minutes later I got the egg, everything was fine except for its speed. So, what do you guys think I did wrong?

. My problem is, no matter how hard I try, I can't find shinys (eggs or wild),
Finding shiny wild seeds could take hours depending on how specific your search is/your computer speed.
To find shiny egg seeds you need to have decent parents. For example if you're aiming for 31/31/31/x/31/31 IVs you will need at least one of the parents to have that spread or it might take hours to find a seed.

the synchronize nature doesn't ever get the right nature,
I have no idea what that means. In the time finder, choose your sync nature, choose "search for nearby shiny frames, leave nature as "any" then fill in the rest and search.

and when I try to use the encounter slot function it never gives me accurate results.
The encounter slot option is only for shiny searching. If you're not searching for a shiny it's not necessary to choose an encounter slots in the time finder The same thing applies to sync nature/nature;Those options are only for shiny searching. Most of the time you shouldn't be choosing an encounter slot anyways. Most Pokemon appear in more than 1 encounter slot so by choosing 1 encounter slot you're probably eliminating some good results.

do roamers advance the frames like they did in gen 4?
IIRC the roamer advances your starting PID frame by 1. It does not affect the IV Frame. There's a roamer released option in the main window which accounts for that. Roamer released means your roamer is on the map meaning the roamer event was activated and it hasn't been caught or fainted yet.

EDIT: I would also like to know why this is happening to me:
as some of you know I'm not really a fan of shiny pokemon so I try to stay away from them, whatever that has nothing to do with me question. I was trying to RNG a non shiny emboar egg. I filled everything up and decided to use the one from frame 91 since it'll be female. Note, I actually used my ID-SID combination so I dont know if this might be the problem. Anyways, I actually RNG'd the egg on such frame but after wondering a while I decided I did not wanted good enough and that I was going to go for another seed, then I realized that frame 101 on the same seed had the specifications I was looking for. A few minutes later I got the egg, everything was fine except for its speed. So, what do you guys think I did wrong?
Your seed IVs are 31/15/31/7/24/22. Frame 101 has the speed coming from the seed so you're getting 22 from the seed. Watch this.

Finding shiny wild seeds could take hours depending on how specific your search is/your computer speed.
No, I mean I can't find shinys at all, I try everywhere to find shinys, with absolutly no IV specifications, but when I start the game and hit the right frame and all of that I still don't end up finding the shiny, eventhough I know the IVs are the exact same as what I am suposed to get.

To find shiny egg seeds you need to have decent parents. For example if you're aiming for 31/31/31/x/31/31 IVs you will need at least one of the parents to have that spread or it might take hours to find a seed.
Same problem as above.

I have no idea what that means. In the time finder, choose your sync nature, choose "search for nearby shiny frames, leave nature as "any" then fill in the rest and search.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I don't get this part to well, but to my understanding I try to get a synchronized nature but I can't find it, eventhough I hit synchronized natures only, though I could be doing something wrong.

The encounter slot option is only for shiny searching. If you're not searching for a shiny it's not necessary to choose an encounter slots in the time finder The same thing applies to sync nature/nature;Those options are only for shiny searching. Most of the time you shouldn't be choosing an encounter slot anyways. Most Pokemon appear in more than 1 encounter slot so by choosing 1 encounter slot you're probably eliminating some good results.
Well I am trying to get a shiny so I guess I do need encounter slots, but basiclly I ask for like a Mienefoo and I get a Durant stuff like that. So how would I manipulate for spesific non-shiny pokemon?

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No, I mean I can't find shinys at all, I try everywhere to find shinys, with absolutly no IV specifications, but when I start the game and hit the right frame and all of that I still don't end up finding the shiny, eventhough I know the IVs are the exact same as what I am suposed to get.

Same problem as above.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I don't get this part to well, but to my understanding I try to get a synchronized nature but I can't find it, eventhough I hit synchronized natures only, though I could be doing something wrong.

Well I am trying to get a shiny so I guess I do need encounter slots, but basiclly I ask for like a Mienefoo and I get a Durant stuff like that. So how would I manipulate for spesific non-shiny pokemon?
Are you absolutely sure you have the right TID & SID combo?

And if you want encounter slots, here they are:
http://eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html
http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html

They go 0-11, left to right. :p
Just check to see what number encounter slot that frame is, and check the encounter slots to see what pokemon will show up in whatever place you are RNGing in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)