5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Just to clarify, so I've figured out now with PIDRNG how to hit my seed, and the same timer0, and with parameter search confirmed I hit the seed. I spammed X got in caught a woo bat, my Expected frame for start was 56, the woobat was from frame 63,

What frame Would I need to initiate before my target?

And any advice for a sound for Chatot?
~ I have alot of trouble discerning the pitches with the loud cave music

Am I actually starting on Frame 63 then or before then and mixed with sudden NPC movement or something? I can't see NPC if they are nearly the cave is pitch black (also how far away from NPC do you need to be for them not to affect your advance.

Most importantly! What frame is it that I should be on before get out of menu, stop chatot'ing and hit sweet scent to hit target 98. I lost my seed because I didn't write it down but I'll find a new one to work off of, just need help with how to do this.
NPCs shifts the frame by a certain fixed amount upon game start, and then further by walking when the overworlds active.

either 97 or 95 (happened to me a few times that RNGreporter somehow produced a 2 frame offset, although i didnt bother to further investigate this behaviour :<) maybe it was just me.

ok, I heard 1 off target from a youtuber for RNGreporter, and ok was wondering that frame shift, seemed weird. Thanks.

Also Will Frame shift from nearby NPC generally be the same? I imagine its the game actually animating the NPC's to exist before I can enter a menu. Will help me get in tune with chatot's.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm having a problem trying to RNG a 31/31/30/30/31/2 Shiny Cacturne (Swarm Pokémon) on my B2 in my DS Lite. i do every step as usual (confirm my seed via Chatot cries, advance the IV frame from 1 to 4, blah blah blah) but, everytime i reach the Shiny frame, instead of getting a Cacturne, which i should be getting according to RNG Reporter, i end up getting a Encounter Slot 0 Skorupi, which i should be getting only if there isn't a Swarm present in that area. Is that a bug from the RNG Reporter similar to the one that shows certain shiny frames as Synchable but at the end not being Synchable? or am i missing something? I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 btw; Thanks in advance!

Seed: 95ACCDD5B2114E86
IV Frame: 4
Shiny Frame: 451
Timer0: 1105
Time: 03/14/00 - 07:31:37
Make sure the swarm is still there. I had the same issue, where I was getting a hexflawless Rash Trapinch instead of a Jolly Cacturne, the reason being the swarm had left the area (because the date rolled over).

Trying to RNG the shiny event dialga, and I've run into a few problems.

Seed: 7923E9FAD0E59FEC
Time: 1/3/14 @ 23:51:55
Keypresses: Select
Timer0: 10F4
Target frame: 55

On the main reporter window, the starting frame is calculated to be 49, and the frame with the spread I want on frame 53. So following the guide on smogon, I am doing one chatot advance.
I've done this many times, but I have gotten the spread I want. This is on white 2, so I know timer0s are a problem, but it hasn't taken this long before with other wonder cards. I can't help but feel I'm doing something wrong, so I would like to know if I'm skipping over an important step somewhere.

I'm fairy new at RNG, but from my experience you may be landing a number of frames past 49 where you believe your starting.

I've used DS parameters to check if the pokemon I caught was in the seed I wanted/timer0 Though not sure if thats possible for a stationary.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

On the main reporter window, the starting frame is calculated to be 49, and the frame with the spread I want on frame 53. So following the guide on smogon, I am doing one chatot advance.
I've done this many times, but I have gotten the spread I want. This is on white 2, so I know timer0s are a problem, but it hasn't taken this long before with other wonder cards. I can't help but feel I'm doing something wrong, so I would like to know if I'm skipping over an important step somewhere.
Make sure you're taking into account that the wondercard is shiny. That will alter the PIDRNG.

Am i missing something here wut? Why 1 advance?

Also maybe go to nimbasa cause theres no npc there and so you l be able to use spinner just in case.

Edit: iirc you should use the target frame shown in time finder (55) instead of that from the main window (53). This 2- frame offset always seems like a glitch to me.

Anyway just do it in nimbasa

pick it up after youv seen the spinner for frame 54.

Last edited:

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Make sure the swarm is still there. I had the same issue, where I was getting a hexflawless Rash Trapinch instead of a Jolly Cacturne, the reason being the swarm had left the area (because the date rolled over).
Yeah, i made sure the swarm was still there and all once again but i still keep getting the same Encounter Slot 3 (not 0, as the Reporter implied and I thought) Skorupi, and to top it off, it doesn't even get its nature Synched. I'm pretty sure thats a bug with the Reporter's Encounter Slots or something like that. :/

Welp, guess i'll have to look for another seed.

Am i missing something here wut? Why 1 advance?

Also maybe go to nimbasa cause theres no npc there and so you l be able to use spinner just in case.

Edit: iirc you should use the target frame shown in time finder (55) instead of that from the main window (53). This 2- frame offset always seems like a glitch to me.

Anyway just do it in nimbasa

pick it up after youv seen the spinner for frame 54.
im in driftveil, no moving npcs either

this is what I am doing for the advances: target-initial-3, like on the smogon guides

even if the advances are off by two, im not getting the spreads the main window shows to be within those two frames.

also, spinner?

So, I'm RNGing on my White 2 version. I hit my seed, hit my frame and got the IV's I wanted. However, the nature of the Reshiram I was shooting for was incorrect (wanted Modest, got Quiet instead).

In RNG Reporter, I noticed that even when I click the nature I want, nothing else is on the screen saying I need a synchronizer or anything. Is this different in B2W2? Do you still need to synchronize to get the nature you want? Again, I didn't see in RNG Reporter where it says to use a synchronizer. I assumed because it didn't say anything, I didn't need one.

Help?

So, I'm RNGing on my White 2 version. I hit my seed, hit my frame and got the IV's I wanted. However, the nature of the Reshiram I was shooting for was incorrect (wanted Modest, got Quiet instead).

In RNG Reporter, I noticed that even when I click the nature I want, nothing else is on the screen saying I need a synchronizer or anything. Is this different in B2W2? Do you still need to synchronize to get the nature you want? Again, I didn't see in RNG Reporter where it says to use a synchronizer. I assumed because it didn't say anything, I didn't need one.

Help?
It should say either 'ability: (target ability)' or 'ability:synchronized' in the time finder?

I've RNGed one run worth of legends on Black 2 already but I just wanted to make sure in case I wasn't being a total noob -- there's no way to verify you've hit your timer0 right? Other than verifying with Chatot chatters.

Last edited:
I've RNGed one run worth of legends on Black 2 already but I just wanted to make sure in case I wasn't being a total noob -- there's no way to verify you've hit your timer0 right? Other than verifying with Chatot chatters.
spinning pointer, in areas with less npcs.

Spinning pointer? What do you mean? This might be useful for Kyurem :)
See the link several posts above im on my phone now so f it

Also in bw2 there accually are npcs in kyurems cave. You just cant see them because according to the legend they are eaten by kyurem, but they still haunt the place and advance pids. So i wouldnt reconmend using it there in place o chatot

Having trouble landing my Timer0 when trying this in practice, getting seconds on the dot. Like originally I felt like it was 1683, but then after having alot of trouble with 1683, and doing 5 test catches in the cave I'm trying to get a Axew in, 4 of those with correct time were 167F (one was 1680 which is one below), so I changed it to 167F and felt like I got one chatot string going strong, but with a Target of 71 and initiating Sweet scent at 70 no dice. And been trying since and haven't been seeming to land on 167F.

I am using a 3DSXL, Pokemon Black 2, and trying to do PIDRNG

If someone can give me some tips because I feel like I'm chasing my tail in circles a little, I've found so far 24 seconds is butter zone, mixed with the 8 second launch which Would be 23, but the DS is a tiny tiny bit slower to reset its time when I hit OK and Space to start timer.

Whats effecting my Timer0, thats making it shoot off so far?

If I fail to RNG legendary Pokemon from Pokemon Dream Radar, can I restart my White 2 and RNG again?
PS: In EonTimer, is Calibrated Second always 14? If not, how do I determine Calibrated Second?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)