6th Gen Team (Pre-Pokebank)

Please note that this is the team I have in-game so I only have one leftovers.

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barb
EV: 252hp/48def/208/spdef
Nature: Relaxed
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed

Ferrothorn is my main defensive pokemon and my SR provider, also gives paralysis support for my team. Ferrothorn provides an extra resistance for dragon, water, and grass types and can keep things like Starmie or Gastrodon at bay. Leech seed is for extra recovery and if used on a switch-in, it can switch out and provide the recovery for my incoming switch in as Ferrothorn tends to force a lot of switches.

Vaporeon @ Lum_Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EV: 248hp/252def/8spdef
Nature: Bold
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Wish
-Protect

Vaporeon is my wish supporter and is a good partner for Ferrothorn due to its resistance against fire with its high hp stat. Vaporeon can also switch into incoming water and ice attacks aimed at Tyranitar and Garchomp and Togekiss respectively while using wish to recovery itself or pass it on to a team member. Scald's 30% chance of burn can very useful for itself as well as its team members such as Togekiss and Tyranitar since both of their defense is not as high as their special defense (in Tyranitar's case, due to sandstorm). Ice Beam is mainly to stop boasting dragons like Dragonite or Haxorus.

Tyranitar @Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EV: 4hp/252atk/252speed
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Mega Tyranitar is my main sweeper, dragon dance boosts its attack and speed to dangerous levels and its moveset gives it good coverage. Crunch and Stone Edge are obligatory STAB moves that deals massive damage at +1. Earthquake provides good coverage with Stone Edge and allows Tyranitar to hit Aegislash without risk of being a victim to King's Shield.

Garchomp @Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EV: 4hp/252atk/252speed
Nature: Jolly
-Stone Edge
-Outrage
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake

Garchomp is my main revenge killer. Poison jab is mainly for fairies, the Edgequake combination provides for good coverage, and outrage is a powerful stab move to revenge kill or just dent any non defensive steel or fairies.

Togekiss King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EV: 248hp/40spatk/28spdef/192speed
Nature: Modest
-Roost
-Air Slash
-Fire Blast
-Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss is my bulky attacker and pivot. It works well with Ferrothorn since it provides some paralysis support to abuse paraflinch to some extent since electrics can't be paralyzed anymore. Fire Blast can roast any steel that gets in the way like Scizor or opposing Ferrothorn. Dazzling Gleam is the obligatory fairy STAB, allowing it to do decent damage and scare away dragons. Not to mention that Togekiss's typing allows it to take any fighting moves aimed at Tyranitar or Ferrothorn and simply roost off the damage or just attack.

Aegislash @Shell Bell
Ability: Stance Change
EV: 252hp/252atk/4spdef
Nature: Brave
-King's Shield
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance
-Sacred Sword

Aegislash is great in general, but mainly due to its ability to take down scizor with its typing and King's Shield. Aegislash provides good synergy with Tyranitar since they resist each other's weaknesses barring ground. With max attack, it can dent a lot of things with its perfect coverage of shadow sneak and sacred sword.

This is my current and first team, feedback is appreciated :)

Last edited:
I would suggest running Iron Head on Garchomp instead of Poison Jab, gives much more coverage and at least does damage to Steel/Fairy if they switch into Chomp

I want to say swap Modest Togekiss for something more beneficial for her defense/special defense (Calm or Bold) since it's uncommon to run a ModestKiss, especially with the EV spread you're giving it

Since you only have one leftovers, I suggest giving it to Vaporeon and give Ferrothorn Rocky Helmet for synergy with Iron Barbs..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)