9/11's tenth anniversary

User 40136

Banned deucer.
Not to put a downer in a generally happy forum, but the tenth anniversary of September 11th, 2001 is coming upon us. And even though I was young, I still knew something wasn't right when the teachers in class weren't paying us attention (we had cable in the classroom). Can you still remember that exact moment of where and what you were doing? And what you will be doing for the tenth anniversary?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was 12 and I thought it was exciting as hell.

I'm not saying that's right it just was what it was.

I can't clearly remember what that day was like, but I do know this much: I went and had a picture taken standing in front of the twin towers with my sister on August 11th, 2001. So that always creeps me out

I wasn't old enough to remember much of it, but I had to do a project regarding of what my parents thought of it. I recall my mom saying she slumped onto the couch crying when she heard the news.

Anyone seen the NCIS episode where Gibbs has to relearn that?

Figures this is in the arabian forum lol. (I am arabian don't worry.) Was too young to know anything about it the day it actually happened.

I was in second grade for only 6 days when it all happened. I remember watching the first tower collapse right before I walked out to the bus. I really didn't think much of it until I saw all the 9/11 movies they were making in 2006/2007. Every time they show the towers collappsing on the History channel I get really choked up about it.

Natgeo, I saw that episode too.

Ugh...it's one of those things I'll never forget. I was in one of the streets when it happened, and I heard a plane flying above me, followed by the explosion. I was young when it happened, so I don't remember much about the attack.

(This is the right sub-forum for this thread, by the way.)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Based on the principle of imprinting, events of tragic nature are recorded into the minds of the observers in an extremely powerful way. Most people who were alive at the time can remember what they were doing when JFK was shot, and the generations after, 9/11 (as seen in this thread). This probably explains why I can remember being on the bench in my parent's room putting on my socks when the attack appeared on TV. My heart goes out for those who died/were injured. And before anyone makes an anti-Islamic comment, I advise you to turn your hatred towards the people who manipulated it to trick the bombers into their actions or better yet, leave it out of this thread in all entirety.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Even in Australia, it was all over the news. I was annoyed as a little kid (year 4, 9 years old) that almost every channel was broadcasting it, and then I saw the images and understood :/...

I was in school all day and the principal announced that the twin towers had been attacked at the end of the day. I remember just about every channel showing stuff about the attack over and over again for a week.

It's kind of funny that I recently read an article where people mentioned remembering what they were doing during 9/11 wrong. Like, they'd remember things a certain way, but they logically knew that that couldn't have been what was going on.

verbatim said:
Is this confusing anyone else, or is it just me?
Its just that my cousin lived in California so he was on the other side of the country. I was still sad about the whole 9/11 thing when I found out how many people died. At first I was like "COOL, EXPLOSIONS!", then I was like "oh... shit." But what are you confused about?

Its just that my cousin lived in California so he was on the other side of the country. I was still sad about the whole 9/11 thing when I found out how many people died. At first I was like "COOL, EXPLOSIONS!", then I was like "oh... shit." But what are you confused about?
Forgot to mention this.

I think I was in Kindergarten. I was one of the first few days, and iirc we had the TV on and the only person interested was the teacher. I really cant remember it, since I was 5 years old.

Meanwhile, I happen to be going on a flight the day before 9/11's 10th anniversary. And Im Indian (Brown). Airport security is going to suck.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i remember i was very pissed. i was in grade 11 in my split grade 10/11 art class some slut grade 10 slut had to go to the bathroom. well it ended up taking her like forever and her excuse is like "well i was walking by the cafeteria and a lot of people had a tv and america just got attacked." i was like, you fucking bitch, why the hell are you strolling by the cafeteria. theres like 2 bathrooms before the cafeteria why the hell were you strolling past the cafeteria. WHY THE HELL WERE YOU DOWN THERE!

also my mom kicked me off the internet when she got home because since my dads in the military she was worried he might be called to action or whatever. DAMN YOU DIAL UP!

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
I was in grade 1-2 iirc when it happend so I didn't really uderstand what was was going on. I also live in Canada so I wasn't really affected by it. After getting older and seeing all the documenteries, my heart goes out to the families affected by this.

I was 8 years old when this happened. I don't remember hearing about the attacks at the time since I didn't keep up with what was happening in the world at all and my parents never said anything to me about it. I completely understood what had happened a few years later though, it was a pretty sad event in recent history.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I want to congratulate smogon on your maturity, I made a tribute thread last year on a different forum and got literally cussed out because "I couldn't move on."

Anyway, when it first happened I was too young to really understand, but I live in nuclear explosion range from DC so the attack has me in a constant state of back-of-the-mind fear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)