A few questions from a beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have just decided to play competitively and I got a few questions(I did do some research before typing these questions), so hopefully I can get some help from here, and sorry if my questions don't belong here or if they have been asked before).

1. Is there a guideline as to what IV a Pokemon used in competitive play must have? I understand that for a speedy lead like Crobat, Max IV in its speed is a must, but what about the other stats? Must they also be around 31? (Other than the useless stat (which is Special attack in my case). Right now I have raised a Staryu (intended to be a rapid spinner) with 21/21/26/16/23/31, and I am wondering if it is way too weak to be used.

2. Somewhat of a variation of my first question: From a few of the builds on the Smogon Pokedex, I read something like "this EV spread allows prevention of OHKO from XX Attack from XX Pokemon". Does it refer to Pokemon with max IV in defense/special defense (the one being attacked)?

3. In regards to TMs that can only be obtained once and can't be passed down as egg moves (like grass knot), other than through the use of hacking (which I have no idea how to nor would I ever do), am I stuck with the only option of obtaining it through trading from another game? Or are people on wifi generous enough to trade them? (I have yet to go online as of yet).

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)